The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Mag Nb Gank Build - Greymoor

Extrawelt
Extrawelt
✭✭✭
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. You use proc sets as a main source of damage but shadow mundus doesn't affect them, it would be better to use the lover in this scenario especially when you use divines trait. Lover would buff your damage both of skills and proc sets.
    2. Back bar would be better with healing ward and BRP staff instead of rapid regen which is better on heavy armor builds. Healing ward with brp and dampen to cover it will be superior.
    3. Having concealed and shadowy disguise on different bars strips you off from 25% more speed in cloak which combined with RAT is unbelievably awesome. IMHO it's better to cloak, swap to offensive bar and use passive speed increase. Especially when you go full divines.
    4. Front bar enchant should be lightning to apply minor vulnerability since you doesn't use lotus fan.
    5. Backbar trait should be infused to maximize damage increase. It's more noticable than defending trait because it's increases not only your damage but also heals.
    6. Instead of purge I'd use shadowy disguise to fast retreat.
    7. Channeled acceleration though it's nice is worse than RAT because it doesn't remove roots and snares, doesn't give immunity and has cast time. In general RAT is far superior in cost of higher cost because of need of spamming it.
    8. Since you are vampire, you should go stage 2 which gives 300 spell damage on leaving stealth or invisibility which would also increased your damage at very little cost.
    9. If you feel confident enough you can utilize sated fury to instead of purge/shadow image that I proposed.
    Edited by Mayrael on July 10, 2020 8:52PM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • xI_The_Owl_Ix
    xI_The_Owl_Ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    1. You use proc sets as a main source of damage but shadow mundus doesn't affect them, it would be better to use the lover in this scenario especially when you use divines trait. Lover would buff your damage both of skills and proc sets.
    2. Back bar would be better with healing ward and BRP staff instead of rapid regen which is better on heavy armor builds. Healing ward with brp and dampen to cover it will be superior.
    3. Having concealed and shadowy disguise on different bars strips you off from 25% more speed in cloak which combined with RAT is unbelievably awesome. IMHO it's better to cloak, swap to offensive bar and use passive speed increase. Especially when you go full divines.
    4. Front bar enchant should be lightning to apply minor vulnerability since you doesn't use lotus fan.
    5. Backbar trait should be infused to maximize damage increase. It's more noticable than defending trait because it's increases not only your damage but also heals.
    7. Channeled acceleration though it's nice is worse than RAT because it doesn't remove roots and snares, doesn't give immunity and has cast time. In general RAT is far superior in cost of higher cost because of need of spamming it.
    8. Since you are vampire, you should go stage 2 which gives 300 spell damage on leaving stealth or invisibility which would also increased your damage at very little cost.
    9. If you feel confident enough you can utilize sated fury to instead of purge/shadow image that I proposed.

Agree with everything besides #7. Channeled is better for gank builds because you can cast it in stealth and dont have to recast it for at least 12secs which in return saves your resources, and magicka recovery is usually low on gank builds due to going full dmg.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

Agree with everything besides #7. Channeled is better for gank builds because you can cast it in stealth and dont have to recast it for at least 12secs which in return saves your resources, and magicka recovery is usually low on gank builds due to going full dmg.

Agreed. All in gank builds generally arent suited for taking any kind of pressure or offense, if you are on such a build and are in a postion where you require the snare removal, you arent likely living long. Precasting channeled is one less GCD you likely will have to worry about over the course of a gank attempt / escape / reset.
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zaan, Spinner and Caluurion's? Have I fallen back in time a year? ;)

Doesn't work great as a gank set IMO because you're reliant on the proc. Spinner's also ain't what it used to be, feels like this patch we're better off using mark/ele drain and freeing up space for another damage set.

Currently working on something myself, but I don't have the gear I want for it. Was thinking something like War Maiden + Spell Strategist + Balorgh. In the meantime I'm experimenting with War Maiden + Innate Axiom + Kena. Just a plain raw damage thing to combine with the vamp stealth passive. General game plan would be buff up, Mark>lotus>harvest>CW>impale, or something like that.

Kind of a one trick pony though. Maybe Slimecraw would work well, considering we used to have that buff built in, but lost it some time ago. I dunno. Just kinda feels like this class doesn't do much of anything these days without relying on the cheesiest sets.
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    It´s funny how everyone thinks he needs help ;)
    My experience with extrawelt was always that others facing him need help, whatever class he plays at that time.

And besides that...the setup is well thought through.
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    And that being said. Thanks for sharing!
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^ Almost like player skill matters more than gear eh?
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    seems to be the case here. when I read the sugestions above...
    You did not get why he chose the combination of skills and sets.
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, I get it, I just wouldn't be able to use it myself. No need to be so defensive over vidya mate.
  • Extrawelt
    Extrawelt
    ✭✭✭

1. My main source of dmg are not the proc sets lül :D fully charged HA + bow + harvest + clench + impale^^ proc sets are just a must have as a ganker! so the shadow mundus will buff all my main dmg!
    2. Not everyone has a BRP restro so I put a normal restro in this build.
    3. you don´t have space on the frontbar ... so you cann still have your speed on back bar, if you time it correctly you can ez use it on backbar and you`ll not lose dmg what is essential as a gankblade :D to spamm RAT is expensive as fu especially if you also play non cp^^
    4. If you want to oneshot enemies, flame enchant is stronger then a minimalistic chance of applying min. vuln with a sharp inferno stuff ...
    5. You don´t want to lose the surprise momentum ... so you´ll never light attack from hide first before you gan someone :D so defending is better then a useless infused .. that´s a gankbuild!
    6. Both are fine, but purge is better against true zerglings who are spamming mark on you!
    7. Like i said on point 3, to expensive to spam that *** and the maj exp duration is short as fu....
    8. I also do pve with this char^^ but you´re right vamp 2 is better for the dmg boost
    9.???

• Extrawelt
    Extrawelt
    ✭✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNlE8rHH9ls

as you can see it´s more then fine with that build ;)
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extrawelt wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNlE8rHH9ls

as you can see it´s more then fine with that build ;)

Lol :D you call it BG? Most of the time those people are standing doing absolutely nothing... O_O please don't tell me you call this an example of build usage... You could go completely naked against those guys and kill them perfectly fine.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. My main source of dmg are not the proc sets lül :D fully charged HA + bow + harvest + clench + impale^^ proc sets are just a must have as a ganker! so the shadow mundus will buff all my main dmg!
    3. you don´t have space on the frontbar ... so you cann still have your speed on back bar, if you time it correctly you can ez use it on backbar and you`ll not lose dmg what is essential as a gankblade :D to spamm RAT is expensive as fu especially if you also play non cp^^
    4. If you want to oneshot enemies, flame enchant is stronger then a minimalistic chance of applying min. vuln with a sharp inferno stuff ...
    5. You don´t want to lose the surprise momentum ... so you´ll never light attack from hide first before you gan someone :D so defending is better then a useless infused .. that´s a gankbuild!
    6. Both are fine, but purge is better against true zerglings who are spamming mark on you!
    7. Like i said on point 3, to expensive to spam that *** and the maj exp duration is short as fu....
    8. I also do pve with this char^^ but you´re right vamp 2 is better for the dmg boost
    9.???

1. Proc Sets are NOT MUST for gankers. That shows lack of skill. And what ganker waits for bowproc?
    2. Backbar resto doesn't matter. Agree.
    3. RaT is much better to escape after gank when you get spammed with roots and snares.
    4. These is no such thing as One-shot. Flame vs Min Vulnerability, thats debatable. Both work fine.
    5. On certain GANK setups you do start with LA+EW/SA. Even in NoCP a crit light attack packs a decent punch to begin with and procs ur enchant from get go. So basically you hit 3 sources of damage in one skill. LA+EW+Enchant proc.
    6. Shadow disguise is B&B of gank. Mark lasts what for 3 sec??
    7. 4 sec maj exp is more than enough, combine with concealed amd shadow, you are gone by people can react.
    8. Vamp 2 yes. Its good.

For the mundus stone, its again debatable.

And honstly im yet to see a GANK in your video. All I see is a Low MMR BG.
    Edited by UrbanMonk on July 13, 2020 9:39AM
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

9.???

1. Fair enough, but TBH this is debatable what would give you more damage .
    2. Yup, not everyone has it, just saying.
    3. Swapping works both ways as I wrote, you can cloak and swap to deal damage unless you want to cloak each weave which will be much more expensive than spamming RAT.
    4. GL with one shooting heavy armor targets with 30k HP. Flame had one major advantage of dealing more damage to vampires but since these are less common now...
    5. I may be wrong but you want kill everyone fast right? Including players that are not potatoes.
    6. With decent speed and shadow image they can try to spam mark on me :) When zerg rushes, purge won't help, they will place on you 1000 debufs, you can only hope to remove mark.
    7. Yeah it's to expensive to spam but somehow I can do it in HA on noCP. When you're snared and rooted, major expedition is not enough to get away from e.g. jabbing Templar.
    9. Sated Fury - Skill from vampire skill line:
    "Allow your monstrous appetites to take hold, increasing your Weapon Damage and Spell Damage by 660. While toggled on, the Health cost of this ability increases by 20% every second and you cannot be healed by anyone other than yourself. When you toggle this ability off, you heal for 33% of the total Health cost you spent while it was toggled on."

This skill is off GCD so you can buff your damage just for being vampire very easily for more than 1k with major sorcery on, but it will make ganking more dangerous, that's why I said "if you feel confident enough".
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!