The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Vampire Lord 5pc Bonus?

Sahidom
Sahidom
✭✭✭✭
There is a degree of uncertainty in the item set's description for Vampire Lord, does the 5pc set bonus replace the Vampire's feed chart? Or are they an additive?

I did not have enough time to test the differences, and in some instances would have required another person. For instance, does the vampire receive 6% more Fire damage or 26% more fire damage (@Stage4)
Edited by Sahidom on May 26, 2020 1:07PM
  • Merca
    Merca
    Too expensive a sopsobility, surely there will be a more interesting ability in the game. So hammer.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It adds onto the bonuses and debuffs. So in total it is 26% more flame damage not 6%. So it'll look like this when you equip it.

Health Recovery: -10/-30/-60/-100%
    Flame Damage Taken: +6/+10/+17/+26%
    Regular Ability Cost Increase: +4/+7/+12/+18%
    Vampire Ability Cost Decrease -11/-20/-31/-44%
    Edited by Vevvev on May 26, 2020 2:44PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    It adds onto the bonuses and debuffs. So in total it is 26% more flame damage not 6%. So it'll look like this when you equip it.

So...pretty much the worst set in the game then.

Making the Vampire abilities cheaper is nice and all, but that's not a complete toolkit. You simply can't play it like a Werewolf and expect to actually be effective (at least in PvP). Further increasing the cost of non-Vampire abilities and incoming Fire Damage are total deal breakers, especially considering the meager benefits and massive opportunity cost of skipping out on another set.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much. They ruined this set and didn't change anything about it when they made vampire changes in 6.0.3. I honestly don' see myself ever using this set and I'm unequipping it from my sorc vampire.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    "What a brilliant idea, ***," to mime Rex Foreman. So its a ruined set then
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is for the people that liked vamp before they nerfed the cost increases, if they existed :D
  • Paradisius
    Paradisius
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is for the people that liked vamp before they nerfed the cost increases, if they existed :D

Oh I loved 6.0.2 and prior Vampire, high stage Vampirism was interesting because the ability cost increase was trumped by using Vampire skills as a high stage Vampire, it made sense.

That being said. Evening I think the set was dead on arrival with this new change, Vampires did not need the extra cost reduction and the spell damage the one on the live servers gives is actually a better option over this. This set is now only for people who want the old Vampire cost reduction we had so badly that they will sacrifice a 5 piece effect for it.
  • DT-ARR
    DT-ARR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been salty about this set change since the first pts notes dropped. Unfortunately giving feedback to ZOS is kind of like giving feedback to someone in a coma. Maybe they can hear you. Maybe they can't. Either way theres no response so whats the point.

• Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Paradisius wrote: »

Oh I loved 6.0.2 and prior Vampire, high stage Vampirism was interesting because the ability cost increase was trumped by using Vampire skills as a high stage Vampire, it made sense.

That being said. Evening I think the set was dead on arrival with this new change, Vampires did not need the extra cost reduction and the spell damage the one on the live servers gives is actually a better option over this. This set is now only for people who want the old Vampire cost reduction we had so badly that they will sacrifice a 5 piece effect for it.

I still stand by the fact vamp's spell cost reduction should of remained at 40%. The added 20% from the vampire lord armor set was kinda noticeable then. But now? Yeah the set is trash. Wont catch me using it.

Which is ironic because it is literally called the vampire lord....
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I'm mythed about was the rationale how the traditional 5 pcs bonus typically benefits the character e.g. some mechanic that return some increased value. The additional % stack to the preexisting % costs fails here. But... that's neither here nor there now, thanks for the replies everyone.
  • Env_t
    Env_t
    ✭✭✭
    1) will Scion morph negate debuffs from this set?
    2) what if you will use only vamp abilities, and other abilities when in SCion form? must be top
  • soulferin
    soulferin
    ✭✭✭
    It's absurd I would understand if this set lower the penalty so You could get -1/-2/-4/-6 same with the flame dmg. It's so stupid to equip armor that harms You :D
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This set needs to be a better version of what it once was. Not whatever *** this is
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set is actually quite good to get more uptime on shimmering frenzy. I use it with Crafty Alfiq on my vam Nightblade and I quite like it (for Overland content).
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aelorin wrote: »
    This set is actually quite good to get more uptime on shimmering frenzy. I use it with Crafty Alfiq on my vam Nightblade and I quite like it (for Overland content).

You can do overland content with your limbs sawn off. This set is atrocious and doesn't offer anywhere near enough to offset the downsides.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on June 3, 2020 6:28PM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i just quickly designed a new version of this set to make it more enticing. it doesn't seem too hard. it now kinda feels like a vampire focused version of new moon acolyte that is slightly less powerful offensively but offers a good size cost reduction to vampire abilities but more fire damage and regular ability cost reduction. if anyone wants to crunch the numbers to find more balanced figures i'm fine with that, this was more about the idea.

unknown.png?width=291&height=350
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on June 5, 2020 6:35AM
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just quickly designed a new version of this set to make it more enticing. it doesn't seem too hard. it now kinda feels like a vampire focused version of new moon acolyte that is slightly less powerful offensively but offers a good size cost reduction to vampire abilities but more fire damage and regular ability cost reduction. if anyone wants to crunch the numbers to find more balanced figures i'm fine with that, this was more about the idea.

unknown.png?width=291&height=350

Now that would be fantastic!
  • Daemon_689
    Daemon_689
    Soul Shriven
    I mean, you can go two ways with it, either make it help vampire crunch of higher stages or boost things to balance the hits your taking to this set as is.

Me preferably I would like to see something that offsets the debuffs of vampirism a bit with continued reduction of vampire cost abilities (maybe to a slightly smaller degree.) Like just make extra class abilities cost a bit less per stage, and maybe get HP regen to like 90% reduction at stage 4. Remove the fire debuff increase, and just a smaller reduction to vampire ability cost and it would be a pretty fun set that just overall enhances the general play of vampires, and make you feel like a superior one.

Also, I feel is should also be a stam/magicka set now.... I know vampirism is still magicka focused, but with a stamina drain ability and the ult giving stamina boost, I feel the set should reflect that vampirism helps with not just magicka.

And for all those who say vamps are not stamina, then I would suggest you tell that to the Blood Knights all in Blackreach.
  • Spectral_Force
    Spectral_Force
    ✭✭✭
    Random shower thought, but I reckon the 5-piece bonus can function similarly to Stage 5 the Perfect Scion morph currently provides - instead of giving you further buffs and debuffs, it can instead reduce the negative effects of vampirism.

Eliminating the drawbacks entirely is probably not a good idea - it will make everyone run around at Stage 4, reaping all the benefits and none of the drawbacks, and that sounds pretty overpowered even for a 5-piece bonus. But cutting the drawbacks in half should be pretty useful. So with VL set, your Feed passive will look something like:

Stage 1/2/3/4

Health Recovery: -5%/-15%/-30%/-50%
    Flame Damage Taken: +2.5%/+4%/+6.5%/+10%
    Regular Ability Costs: +1.5%/+2.5%/+4%/+6%
    Vampire Ability Costs: -6%/-10%/-16%/-24%

So the "effective" 5-piece bonus ends up being "increased" health recovery, slightly "reduced" Flame damage taken, and slightly "reduced" normal ability costs (all in scare quotes because it's technically reduced reductions and reduced increases), which sounds about on par with other 5-piece bonuses.

And as for Perfect Scion, no one is using it (unless they prefer its aesthetics or are one of those hipsters who pick the uncommon morph just because no one else is using it), and it's due for a redesign anyway (there have been a few ideas out there on how to fix it, but basically something along the lines of reduced cost or increased duration), so the conflict in functionality shouldn't be a problem.
    I've unearthed the Legendary Antiquity of Mêlée Island and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As bad as other vamp set that give useless minor protection.
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Vevvev wrote: »

So...pretty much the worst set in the game then.

Making the Vampire abilities cheaper is nice and all, but that's not a complete toolkit. You simply can't play it like a Werewolf and expect to actually be effective (at least in PvP). Further increasing the cost of non-Vampire abilities and incoming Fire Damage are total deal breakers, especially considering the meager benefits and massive opportunity cost of skipping out on another set.

Yep, totally the worst set ever. It'd be great if it LESSENED the vampire debuffs. But this is ZoS we're talking about.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"