The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

FPS drops in certain regions although CPU and GPU Load is only at 40-60%

Kiloclimber
Kiloclimber
Soul Shriven
Hello,

I restarted to play ESO 2 weeks ago and what really annoys me is that I get huge FPS drops in certain regions for example Shadowfen. If I am in Auridon or Summerset I get full 60 fps (using VSync) but in Shadowfen it drops often to 30-40 fps although my CPU is only at 30-40% and my GPU is at 40-60%. It also depends on what I'm looking at, if I turn around 180° it can be fine again. This looks like a render issue but like I said my GPU is never above 60%. Does ESO maybe can't handle my RTX 2070 well?

Is there a fix for that? Is it due to the servers? I'm on PC-EU. If I disable VSync it stays the same.

Greetings
  • LainUnchained
    LainUnchained
    ✭✭
    Guiamos el desarrollo de la red como se cría al verdadero hijo de Dios. Planeamos su desarrollo como una copia de la estructura neuronal de un santo.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turn down your Draw Distance.

Does not have to be reduced a bunch but the less the game sees, the less it has to run scripts and render shadows.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"