Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

999+ Ping for no reason. why?

scottii
scottii
✭✭✭
As titled.

On speed test, my ping is 1-4 ms. On https://pingtestlive.com/eso-status, ping is about 200. Why does the game have 999+ ping?
Praying the Daedric Gods will make Cyrodiil great again.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    double thread posting? /s

Seriously though, it happens a lot. No one really knows why other than that it happens, usually at the most inopportune times. I feel you though, I'm usually ~180-200 and I get struck by 999+, sometimes for several minutes.
    Edited by mairwen85 on July 8, 2020 11:56AM
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »

Seriously though, it happens a lot. No one really knows why other than that it happens, usually at the most in opportune times. I feel you though, I'm usually ~180-200 and I get struck by 999+, sometimes for several minutes.

I've hit 4K ping a number of times, too, while just walking in the middle of nowhere harvesting nodes.

If it lasts more than a few seconds I tend to /reloadui and it generally clears up.
    It's annoying AF, but I'm still doing it because (so far) I'd rather look at the loading screen for a few seconds than watch my toon display 1 out of every 1000 frames for 10+ seconds.

Now I just automatically hit my hotkey for /reloadui if my ping hits 500 for a second anymore.

Edited by twev on July 8, 2020 11:55AM
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »

Seriously though, it happens a lot. No one really knows why other than that it happens, usually at the most in opportune times. I feel you though, I'm usually ~180-200 and I get struck by 999+, sometimes for several minutes.

I've hit 4K ping a number of times, too, while just walking in the middle of nowhere harvesting nodes.

If it lasts more than a few seconds I tend to /reloadui and it generally clears up.
    It's annoying AF, but I'm still doing it because (so far) I'd rather look at the loading screen for a few seconds than watch my toon display 1 out of every 1000 frames for 10+ seconds.

Now I just automatically hit my hotkey for /reloadui if my ping hits 500 for a second anymore.

Is it possible to bind a key to reloadui? I have broken menus and textures going into dungeons quite often which is an annoyance only fixed by doing that.
  • scottii
    scottii
    ✭✭✭

Is it possible to bind a key to reloadui? I have broken menus and textures going into dungeons quite often which is an annoyance only fixed by doing that.

Could probably setup a macro. Even those ZOS is against it, something like this is harmless.
    Praying the Daedric Gods will make Cyrodiil great again.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have the Librarian addon - theres a /reloadui keybind inside controls/addons.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Thorntongue
    Thorntongue
    ✭✭✭
    That happens when the gerbil takes a drink...
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If you have the Librarian addon - theres a /reloadui keybind inside controls/addons.

Awesome. Will give that a look at. Thank you.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I had a ping hit 16k+

It only lasted a couple of seconds and I wasn't around evil doers so all was good.

One day earlier in the week (forget now which day) I was getting 800+ ping in almost every fight. Again only lasted a couple of seconds but that seems like a long time when it happens.

Have also had the game freeze on me several times over the last couple of days just for about three or four seconds. Happened quite a bit fighting dragons so always a rush wondering if I will still be alive when the game kicks in again.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are closing this thread as another discussion is already ongoing about latency issues. You can post in the thread below along with finding troubleshooting.

Annoying lags (PC-EU)
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.