Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Genuine question here

Massive_Stain
Massive_Stain
✭✭✭✭
I have mained a tank since day 1. I now have a tank on every class. I've tanked near all content minus vcr3, and Kynes last boss hm.

I will keep it short. I have a crush on my healer. I have tried to sort this out mentally. I will NEVER act on it. There are multiple reasons I won't. I won't list them here.

Is this a normal thing? Genuine responses only.
PC: CP 1200+ DroDest, Bringer of light
PS4: CP 1500+ Dro Dest, SoTN, Bringer of light, CragHMs, EoF, IR, TTT
Xbox: CP 450 Fungal Grotto 1 HM
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the level of detail you've provided, no one can know, but who cares whether it's normal or not? Or can know what you should do without knowing more. Please link us the r/relationships post if you make one because I'm suddenly very invested in this now.

Someone else in your group might have a better perspective than us forum randos lol
    Edited by tsaescishoeshiner on July 6, 2020 4:28AM
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have mained a tank since day 1. I now have a tank on every class. I've tanked near all content minus vcr3, and Kynes last boss hm.

I will keep it short. I have a crush on my healer. I have tried to sort this out mentally. I will NEVER act on it. There are multiple reasons I won't. I won't list them here.

Is this a normal thing? Genuine responses only.

I killed this player in PvP in a 1v1 and now he is my bf, we’re engaged, and living together....

Why not have no regrets and kindly tell your friend. If a guy is low-key about it I wouldn’t mind.

Just point out all the nice qualities and let them know that you really like them. Most importantly, keep it lighthearted and make sure you’re there for them as a friend most of all.

Took my bf over a year of asking to get us going out on dates \../

If you don’t want to try, then find a irl new crush to preoccupy your heart ❤️

Good luck
    Edited by xXMeowMeowXx on July 6, 2020 4:45AM
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I know four couples who met in various MMOs and a few others who have, in the past, dated people they met in an MMO. It seems to be a very normal and not uncommon thing.
  • Asdara
    Asdara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MARA INTENSIFIES
    81492.png

Forget new content for a while & forget adding new DLC, this is a list of what is actually needed in the game:
    1: Handheld magic/ giving you the option to not use your staff to L/H Attack but instead it will shoot from your hand, like a spell.
    2: Spellcrafting.
    3: Combat pet skin / summon Atronach.
    4: Summon weapon.
    5: Change the Housing item limit.
    6: Multi Attunable crafting station.
    7: Add Writ boards and Writ Drop-off's for housing.
    8: Cut the crown price of Mundus stones (4000x13? 52000 crowns?).
    9: Visual upgrade for all spell and animation.
    10: More structural item, door, floors, arch, walls for all size and shape.
    11: Dusting and adding things to the mage guilds.
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love is always normal? Okay, maybe not always and maybe not normal. But it’s love?!

I’m rooting for you. ESO love story coming our way 😍
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A friend of mine from school met his wife in WoW :) They are raising their first child now and as far as I know they are awesome couple :) You have similar interests, thats a start! I personally met my wife on web, not in a game but on web, it was long before Tinder, Facebook and such, at that time it was pretty unusal but TBH I can't imagine I could found anyone better :)

Getting to know each other online has some major adavntages:
    1. The most important part, at the very beginning you learn about someone's personality, their soul and interior. Whats on the outside doesn't matter and you can fall in love just in someone's soul :)
    2. Shy people are usualy more eager to talk, e.g. if my wife would met me in real first, she wouldn't even dare to talk to me, while on web, she couldn't stop to talk! :D

Go for it, but remember: don't act wierd, don't stalk, don't be insistent, if someone says no it's not the end of the world. You're an unique person and if not this time, one day you will meet that one soul mate that brings smile on your face no matter what :)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Treb_U_Shae
    Treb_U_Shae
    ✭✭
    I'm also invested now, and rooting for you, sir, along with the rest of the forum here! With great risk comes great reward, epecially with matters of the heart. Speaking from experience on this one. Please update us on your adorable Tamriel love story! 💘
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I initially thought the OP had a pixel crush on their healer character.

I'm glad I was mistaken ...

Hoping it works out for you!
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Tank/healer relationship is intense if you do a lot of trials or even vet dungeons. I can understand how a crush might develop. That said, there needs to be more to it if you want an ongoing relationship, especially considering how most people move on from specific games after a year or two. (You can't count on ESO being around forever, especially after TES VI comes out.) You can either make a first contact - and potentially move forward OR wreck a perfectly good healer situation (very awkward for the other person if they are already in another relationship), - or leave the situation as is and never know if they are just waiting on you or not. Definitely a high risk/(potential) high reward situation. I would not initiate any relationship-type contact though unless prepared (and financially able etc.) to move across the country. Not fair to expect the other person to do that for you.
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who ordered the slice of realism? 😒
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lol what??
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love wins, good luck buddy!
    Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couples that Game Together, Stay Together.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, here's the kind of bare minimum info that would help us actually weigh in (all optional, of course):

1. Your gender
    2. Their gender
    3. Are they attracted to people of your gender?
    4. How long have you known each other?
    5. Do you have convos just the 2 of u about non-ESO stuff?
    6. Do you two have a bond?
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have seen a few romances start from the game in people I know so I know it happens
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just an update - we ended up meeting IRL. And havent stopped yet! I will spare the details, but it has been a very positive experience on both our parts.
    PC: CP 1200+ DroDest, Bringer of light
    PS4: CP 1500+ Dro Dest, SoTN, Bringer of light, CragHMs, EoF, IR, TTT
    Xbox: CP 450 Fungal Grotto 1 HM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That IS awesome! Happy holidays to both of you, whichever of them you keep!
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love is...
  • Mythreindeer
    Mythreindeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LalMirchi wrote: »
    Love is...

Like oxygen
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love is...

Like oxygen

:) Yes
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love is...

that thing that happens when you aren't looking for it.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dating work colleagues can be risky ;)