The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Issue when excavating

robo26
robo26
✭✭✭
I am getting a bug (it seems) when excavating. I use the brush (w) to start it off and normally that then shows an area display as to how close (or far) you are from the object. I am not getting that at all, just the green cursor around the brush.

I have turned off all addons, logged out and back in, changed character but to no avail.

qfaja1vgl063.png

• Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The brush isn't supposed to indicate how close/far you are to the treasure. That's what the eye/augur/scrying thingie is for.
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raisin is correct. You're supposed to start with the Augur (R) to find out where the item is located. It will show you how close you are (red: far away; orange: slightly closer than red; yellow: close; green: nailed it) and where, in relation to the spot you used it on, the correct location is. Once you know where the item is, you can start excavating with the rest of your tools.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• robo26
    robo26
    ✭✭✭
    fixed - addon
  • robo26
    robo26
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys :smiley:
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for the update and letting us know the issue was with an add-on. Since the problem is resolved, we are going to close the discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.