Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are you aware that the PVP servers in cyro can't handle high population spots ????

Rastapasta
Rastapasta
✭✭✭
You promised improvements, but the outcome is going the wrong direction and by adding more people it gets even worse.
The hardware fails the IT guy can't fix it, so should we pray or will you find some professional help?

Have you seen Benny Hill shows?? siege in cyrodill is the same.
Siege starts with an increasing delay up to 15 sec, at this point you can't move anymore; then suddenly a fast forward (rofl big fun in 2 sec lap)
sometimes you recover to back to normal play but wait... more often there is a next episode of the same.
The outcome is always DC and when your back online you're death lost your siege and no AP.
And that repeats itself for 80% of the time 29-30 June all day -- 1 July was ok -- 2-3 July back to worst.

I use to play on max grafic settings before 29 June. after tried all settings to minimal, its the same the servers can't handle (not enough bandwith)
My connection and provider are the best you can get in my country, (download cap is around 500 mb sec when the bandwith is given)

Its rather pittyfull to experience a demonstration of such a lack of interest in the matter.

I'm playing this game since early 2014 beta, this time my sub will be on hold as long this is not solved, hopefully not too long otherwise it will be another game.

Please remove the pegi 18 60% of the players is under 18.

Take some stress pills and solve this please. (YES YOU CAN)

Rasta
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pasta is good. I like pasta.

I agree that PvP performance is not perfect, it is one of the reasons I don't invest in it much.
  • Maxx7410
    Maxx7410
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is a lag party
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure they realize they have a hardware performance issue but would rather keep trying to code their way out.
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I'm sure they realize they have a hardware performance issue but would rather keep trying to code their way out.

You think they are trying to code their way out of it? With so many minor bugs that never get addressed?

With no communication, virtually, and nothing getting fixed, essentially......where is the evidence that we should have any faith?
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I know you have said there isn't much to say, but could we get an update on what is causing the issues in cyrodiil and where we stand on fixing them?

If you don't know what is causing it and when it will be fixed, that is fine. It has been really bad since February and it would be great to feel in the loop.

Thanks
    Edited by relentless_turnip on July 3, 2020 4:08PM
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rastapasta wrote: »

I don't know for consoles, but actual players under 18 are not that common. The average age of the eso community is closer to 40 years old than 18.

A ton of people my age (early twenties) do sound like teenagers, and from the rare interactions I had with some of them I can understand why you could make that mistake.

I guess that was a sarcastic hyperbole, but still. The population of this game makes me feel really young.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You think they are trying to code their way out of it? With so many minor bugs that never get addressed?

With no communication, virtually, and nothing getting fixed, essentially......where is the evidence that we should have any faith?

Their entire roadmap for a year they just gave up on updating was entirely about coding.

And if you are asking me for evidence to have faith; you might as be asking an atheist for proof there is a God
    Edited by technohic on July 3, 2020 4:10PM
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Their entire roadmap for a year they just gave up on updating was entirely about coding.

And if you are asking me for evidence to have faith; you might as be asking an atheist for proof there is a God

Apologies my earlier post had a confrontational tone. I did not intend that. I'm just super frustrated with the game right now.

However, it seems like you probably just should have left it at "Their entire roadmap for the year to improve performance they gave up on" (i did change the wording some there to reflect the in game realities)
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to Imperial City
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to Imperial City

I agree, come to IC and give me your telvars.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I know you have said there isn't much to say, but could we get an update on what is causing the issues in cyrodiil and where we stand on fixing them?

If you don't know what is causing it and when it will be fixed, that is fine. It has been really bad since February and it would be great to feel in the loop.

Thanks

The cause has not changed.

It is the sheer number of people showing up at one location fighting each other compounded by the various calculations that need to occur to determine damage and healer because of all the buffs and debuffs in the game. Add to this the skills that hit X people since the server needs to determine who gets the heal or takes the damage. In addition to this Zos moved a great many of the checks related to combat from the client to the server after the CE cheating scandal.

I have probably missed a few points but that is a significant number of the major contributors. None of which is an excuse.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rastapasta wrote: »
    You promised improvements, but the outcome is going the wrong direction and by adding more people it gets even worse.
    The hardware fails the IT guy can't fix it, so should we pray or will you find some professional help?

Have you seen Benny Hill shows?? siege in cyrodill is the same.
    Siege starts with an increasing delay up to 15 sec, at this point you can't move anymore; then suddenly a fast forward (rofl big fun in 2 sec lap)
    sometimes you recover to back to normal play but wait... more often there is a next episode of the same.
    The outcome is always DC and when your back online you're death lost your siege and no AP.
    And that repeats itself for 80% of the time 29-30 June all day -- 1 July was ok -- 2-3 July back to worst.

I use to play on max grafic settings before 29 June. after tried all settings to minimal, its the same the servers can't handle (not enough bandwith)
    My connection and provider are the best you can get in my country, (download cap is around 500 mb sec when the bandwith is given)

Its rather pittyfull to experience a demonstration of such a lack of interest in the matter.

I'm playing this game since early 2014 beta, this time my sub will be on hold as long this is not solved, hopefully not too long otherwise it will be another game.

Take some stress pills and solve this please. (YES YOU CAN)

Rasta

I use to have your optimism about things getting fixed, but then i took a desync to the knee.
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was stuck in a 3 min loading screen. When it ended, I got another loading screen instantly. Hasnt finished loading yet.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    oh let's be honest the PC-EU cannot handle being turned on
    let alone doing any actual work

:open_mouth:
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They aren't going to get allocated the resources from the people who control the purse strings to fix it. That is how Cyrodiil has been and will continue to be.
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the extra server capacity they purchased for the event expired last night at midnight....judging by radical performance drop today relative to yesterday.
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Thanks

It is the sheer number of people showing up at one location fighting each other compounded by the various calculations that need to occur to determine damage and healer because of all the buffs and debuffs in the game. Add to this the skills that hit X people since the server needs to determine who gets the heal or takes the damage. In addition to this Zos moved a great many of the checks related to combat from the client to the server after the CE cheating scandal.

I have probably missed a few points but that is a significant number of the major contributors. None of which is an excuse.

You didn't mention how ZOS does not pay for decent enough servers to support their software.
  • Hrolthar
    Hrolthar
    ✭✭✭
    In before lock/bury/hide protocol.
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6 years ago the servers could handle more than 600 players on the same screen...I miss old days...Unfortunetaly many of the best people of ZOS left...
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does maxing out the graphics settings affect the servers at all? I thought they were client settings. Am I wrong?
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm now getting load screens in battlegrounds, instances that are restricted to 12 players. And load screens. It's fantastic.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • ArgoCye
    ArgoCye
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last weekend’s Cyro performance was liveable, but something has happened this week (at least playing from Aus) and having awful lag issues. If I’m lucky it ends in rubberbanding but more often than not, I just lag out and have to restart the client. I’m NOT looking forward to this weekend.
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was running great when the event started, as it usually is. There was amazing amount of players, so it shows things can certainly work.

Though yesterday the loading screens, logging in, voice chat, and lag was more then very disappointing....

They obviously allocated more resources towards performance, simple. What exactly they did, is not known because we are not privy to that information.

You could can guess all you want about what would work and not work. However, unless you actually work for ZOS on ESO in that capacity, all you are doing is simply guessing.

• GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    West93 wrote: »
    Go to Imperial City

I agree, come to IC and give me your telvars.
    Ok bro :trollface:
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was stuck in a 3 min loading screen. When it ended, I got another loading screen instantly. Hasnt finished loading yet.

This. ^^^

Last week was fantastic. Since Friday, has been almost impossible to play - keep getting into long loooooooong loading screens, one after the other, or else have de-sync on skills or major lag.

Very depressing.
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn’t take a farm by myself without desyncs, no, animations and damage delays
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Thanks

You didn't mention how ZOS does not pay for decent enough servers to support their software.

I am not able to speak to the servers being used as I have not seen them. If changing servers was such an amazing solution they would have done that long ago as it is not that costly to upgrade.

While Cyrodiil was never perfect, it used to operate much much smoother before Zos added more buffs/debuffs/set bonus to track. So how Zos has managed the actual software side, as I pointed out, are the key factors.
  • WySoSirius
    WySoSirius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lovin these EXTENDED load screens during event , such an awesome feature :/
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/4KnGoDE3E94

Check this out, I was actually trying to dodge roll, weapon swap, spam skills etc... For at least 10 secs before I decided to clip it. This was last night btw on the ravenwatch.

Notice I teleport back to where I was 15 seconds or so a go.
    Edited by relentless_turnip on July 5, 2020 2:39PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/4KnGoDE3E94

Check this out, I was actually trying to dodge roll, weapon swap, spam skills etc... For at least 10 secs before I decided to clip it. This was last night btw on the ravenwatch.

Notice I teleport back to where I was 15 seconds or so a go.

Get that all the time. Gap closers almost guarantee it in lag but I ran a speedy Warden without 1 and it still happened