Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What content CANNOT be soloed?

Adonexus
Adonexus
✭✭
Hello, I play a Stamplar and really enjoy playing solo. Nothing against anyone, I'm just a loner. I have read some solo guides and builds and each of them say that these builds are tailored to solo dungeons and trials and whatnot. My question is, what content can I definitely NOT solo even if the stars aligned?
PC NA
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One example I can think of is that Direfrost Keep had its loophole closed, so you'll need another player to stand on the pressure plate.
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the non-DLC dungeons are still soloable as are some of the DLCs. Some require special builds or tricky things like jumping on an NPC or keeping a boss engaged with a pet while you are incapacitated. Some are totally not worth it, like Wayrest 2 after the caltrops nerf. Direfrost is now in that category, too, since they moved the lever.

If your goal is to do stuff by yourself, versus to solo a given dungeon for the challenge, consider getting a second account. ZOS has stated it isn't against the TOS to pull an alt account in to stand on a plate etc... If your goal is to solo it because of the challenge, look up some of the stuff Vaoh put out back in the day. There are a lot of hints about how to get through seemingly impassible obstacles in the comments.
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the non-DLC dungeons are still soloable

I don't believe that's true. There are some that have group mechanics you can't do by yourself.
    TherealHämähäkki
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say the only things would be fights where there is an undodgeable CC that you can't break free from yourself, and causes you to die and resets the fight, and mechanics that require two or more people to do in order for the fight to proceed. The Direfrost example Varanis Arano gave above is a good one, and things like the tiger's pounce and the ghost's chains in Fang Lair, for a CC example.Though in some cases you can try the Undo ulti morph that lets you break out of CC's, but it doesn't work for some things that are linked to mechanics (I tried it on the tiger's pounce for eg., and it doesn't work). Another way you can get around mechanic-CC's would be to finish the fight before they happen. I'd say you could solo the vast majority of the game if the stars aligned, and probably duo all of it.
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't believe that's true. There are some that have group mechanics you can't do by yourself.

Nonetheless, it is true. Here is Direfrost from last night. I didn't think to bring the date up when I took the screen shot. But, you can see the Pelinial scroll is still active.
    339tf81eba0o.jpg
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think Captain Blackheart in Blackheart Haven can be solo'ed without trickery.

Also... Solo PVP is not as satiisfying as it sounds. :smiley:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are correct. The post just above theirs points out a non-DLC dungeon that is probably not solvable, though I have not tried. Direfrost requires two players to stand on separate pressure plates at the same time.

Edit: Adding to this, FG II has a boss mechanics where one person gets pinned and will die (maybe almost die if at full health) if not released. That is likely a game stopper for trying to solo that dungeon.
    Edited by idk on June 30, 2020 6:56PM
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    One example I can think of is that Direfrost Keep had its loophole closed, so you'll need another player to stand on the pressure plate.

I haven't tried recently, but I think the 'pet rock' if you have it still works and a sorc used to be able to streak from one plate to the other.
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nonetheless, it is true. Here is Direfrost from last night.

I was not talking about Direfrost, more about FG II, Blackheart or Wayrest Sewers II. They normally require at least a second person.
    All of the non-DLC dungeons are still soloable as are some of the DLCs.

The ALL just bothered me. ;)

Edited by Hämähäkki on July 1, 2020 5:16AM
    TherealHämähäkki
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are old videos by some of the greats doing all of the ones you mentioned, Hämähäkki, except maybe Wayrest 2. For that, my old post about soloing Malubeth is still up. The picture link no longer works, but the tactic still does. Similarly, the tactics posted in the older videos still work; I have done them all solo more recently, though some of the IIs were on normal.

Unfortunately, I've noticed that each year, ZOS seems to be closing the gaps that allow content to be done solo and nerfing builds that are useful to soloists. That may be why you don't see folks posting strategies anymore. They were, and are, all still soloable. Given the recent changes to the Direfrost lever, and other less publicized ones, I don't think you'll see many new forum posts that actually say how to do it. For anyone that cares, I've had folks reply back to me when I mailed them directly with questions.

edit: Maybe more to the point, and perhaps this is what the others are getting at... OP, if you are only going to run Stamplar and no other class and not go WW, I'd guess that FG2, CoH2, and WGT are not soloable, and Wayrest 2, ICP, Direfrost, and Blackheart are not worth the effort or time involved to do them solo.
    Edited by SirLeeMinion on July 2, 2020 6:27AM
  • SamboJ
    SamboJ
    ✭✭✭
    Adonexus wrote: »
    Hello, I play a Stamplar and really enjoy playing solo. Nothing against anyone, I'm just a loner. I have read some solo guides and builds and each of them say that these builds are tailored to solo dungeons and trials and whatnot. My question is, what content can I definitely NOT solo even if the stars aligned?

I've survived the pin in veteran Fungal Grotto II twice (as a Dunmer and an Imperial, both max health sorc vampire tanks). The pin damage recently increased to just under 90k (I used to survive it with 70k health).. My necro has over 100k health transformed though, but yeah, 0.001k DPS.

There's the Minotaur boss pin at the end of "Veteran" Bloodroot Forge. That wasn't pleasant. I'd just run em with a DPS until you hit a multiplayer restriction (if you find one).
    "Chasing elder scrolls since 2002."
    Founder of Tamriel Fisheries (PC/NA/2015)
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What everyone else said, only the pin boss in Fungal Groto II can be also solo'd if you have a pet and you stand on a high elevation point.

Direfrost keep can, sadly, not be soloed anymore because the lever was fixed. I believe Crypt of Hearts II also can not be soloed, as it requires two people at the spider boss.
    Edited by vestahls on July 7, 2020 2:55PM
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

You are correct. The post just above theirs points out a non-DLC dungeon that is probably not solvable, though I have not tried. Direfrost requires two players to stand on separate pressure plates at the same time.

Edit: Adding to this, FG II has a boss mechanics where one person gets pinned and will die (maybe almost die if at full health) if not released. That is likely a game stopper for trying to solo that dungeon.

Doubtful on Vet, but you can solo the FG II fight on normal. Make sure you are running grothdar and keep wall of elements down at all times. The AOE damage will kill the ghosts that pin you.

Works in Cradle of Shadows on Dranos Velandor as well. One of my favorite moments in a dungeon was in Vet CoS where my group wiped at like 1 million health left, except me, and I got pinned when Dranos was at like 100K health left. My Ilambris procced and killed the ghost pinning me, was able to get up and finish the boss. Also doubt this can truly be soloed for the whole fight in Vet, but with the right luck, normal might be possible.