Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't log in

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, if what you say is correct and "some" players are having issues logging in, that implies that the remainder are logging in just fine. What can myself and others do to be part of that second group?

Also, please don't tell players that their username and/or password are incorrect if that's not the actual issue. If you want to scare your customers into thinking they've been hacked when it's actually an issue on your end, that's a great way to do it.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Odd that they retweeted someone who said "I downloaded the patch". I thought there was nothing to download for this maintenance. That was made clear by them, wasn't it?

I suppose it could be a player who hasn't played in a while, and and needed to download something old. Kind of a dumb choice of a retweet if that's the case.

Console players have a patch to download. Patch notes said <1GB, but I won't be surprised to go home from work today and find a 45GB download waiting for me.
    Edited by Feric51 on June 24, 2020 7:28PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What if they accidentally deleted all the accounts and that's why we get the "incorrect password" message?

I don't even want to think about the amount of money I spent in this game if that was the case 💰💰💰
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • FafiQ_xP
    FafiQ_xP
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so excited for Mid-Year Mayhem event, it will be Mayhem indeed.
    For the Covenant!
  • Dovakhan
    Dovakhan
    ✭✭✭
    People... As someone who've been playing MMO's for the majority of my life... Mainly WoW, Rift and ESO... Mainly WoW though... When it's a patch or something major with the servers, always expect the server to be down... That's why all top guilds in WoW don't raid on patch days.. It's a server thing, it always has been complicated and it always will be complicated...

Just chill, yeah it sucks but it's to be expected. If you come to a patch day and don't think the servers might *** up, then it's just because you forget how often it's an issue and don't want it to be, while being unable to do anything about it... Just expect it and find something else to do until it's fixed.

Except that it wasn't either a patch or something major, but just a 2-hours reboot. Which has turned into a 12+ one.

Heck, even releasing Greymoor took less time than this disaster I think.
    Edited by Dovakhan on June 24, 2020 7:30PM
  • Thaliff
    Thaliff
    ✭✭
    People... As someone who've been playing MMO's for the majority of my life... Mainly WoW, Rift and ESO... Mainly WoW though... When it's a patch or something major with the servers, always expect the server to be down... That's why all top guilds in WoW don't raid on patch days.. It's a server thing, it always has been complicated and it always will be complicated...

Just chill, yeah it sucks but it's to be expected. If you come to a patch day and don't think the servers might *** up, then it's just because you forget how often it's an issue and don't want it to be, while being unable to do anything about it... Just expect it and find something else to do until it's fixed.

How dare you bring stable logic to this thread!

:p

• alucardwickershampreub18_ESO
    I play all the time and I had to download a patch
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We should all get the Blackreach house free as compensation for this.
  • badgerhanes
    badgerhanes
    Soul Shriven
    Notice ZOS are getting a bit snarky and closing any new thread that dare discuss the current ***.

I think they have noticed it's got so bad ppl are actually going to play WOW, I mean, is not that bad, you could watch Disney films before you stoop to that level of childishness!
    What the *** is this bit really for?
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mzprx wrote: »
    thing that pi$$es me off the most is the fact that i am (as well as many other players) paying for not playing the freaking game and they will not even say "sorry folks, we messed up, here's a day of ESO+ for free to compensate your frustration". we have, after all paid for this day and we can't play the game..

While I agree that it's frustrating- let's be clear... you are NOT Paying to Play beyond the initial purchase of the content. ESO + is NOT required for play, you bought crowns and were rewarded by a being given a certain amount of bonuses for X amount of days pending how many crowns you got. That is all. You bought in-game currency with an attached Thank You gift basket for your purchase. Yes, it sucks we are not able to enjoy a day of the game but your access to the game will still be there whether you wind up short a day of 'extra thank you's' or not.

In addition to that, they also state in the TOS that we have paid for access to digital content via purchasing the product but can be denied that content at any time. So while we bought the content, we all had to check that box saying we would be ok with any and all interruptions to our basic access to the game. :shrug: So we all need to just take a deep breath and let them deal with whatever went wrong.
    Edited by AyeshaBelladonna on June 24, 2020 7:35PM
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
    Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
    Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
    Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the plus side, at least they didn't time the botched server reboot for Thursday, i.e. the start of the Mayhem event.
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the plus side, at least they didn't time the botched server reboot for Thursday, i.e. the start of the Mayhem event.

You’re assuming this will be fixed by then. Lol.
  • Sirvaleen
    Sirvaleen
    ✭✭✭✭

GwCc4uz.jpg
  • Shokner
    Shokner
    ✭✭✭
    Notice ZOS are getting a bit snarky and closing any new thread that dare discuss the current ***.

I think they have noticed it's got so bad ppl are actually going to play WOW, I mean, is not that bad, you could watch Disney films before you stoop to that level of childishness!

Yeah were getting a lot of "first time posters" telling us to relax it's all in zos's capable hands apparently all mmo's have this problem :*
  • Shokner
    Shokner
    ✭✭✭

Oh dear the dev team just said hold my beer challenge accepted.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay got in for about 30 min, my beloved right beside me hasn't been able to get in at all.

Went to Artaeum.....wow it's really really quiet.

Guess I can figure out why.

We'll try again later.

Probably.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Shokner
    Shokner
    ✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Okay got in for about 30 min, my beloved right beside me hasn't been able to get in at all.

Went to Artaeum.....wow it's really really quiet.

Guess I can figure out why.

We'll try again later.

Probably.

Of coarse it's quiet were all locked out and stuck in here.
    Edited by Shokner on June 24, 2020 7:46PM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    you could watch Disney films before you stoop to that level of childishness!

On the "things to do while trying to login" front, I suggest taking a gander at the original TV version of Rogers and Hammerstien's Cinderella with Julie Andrews.

Ran into it by accident last week. Very adorable. Filmed live, which is why the prince singing "too fast for the music" at one point is still in there.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • VelimOrthic
    VelimOrthic
    ✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »

Odd that they retweeted someone who said "I downloaded the patch". I thought there was nothing to download for this maintenance. That was made clear by them, wasn't it?

I suppose it could be a player who hasn't played in a while, and and needed to download something old. Kind of a dumb choice of a retweet if that's the case.

Console players have a patch to download. Patch notes said <1GB, but I won't be surprised to go home from work today and find a 45GB download waiting for me.

ooooohhh, right, consoles.

Edited by VelimOrthic on June 24, 2020 7:50PM
  • JoLeSi
    JoLeSi
    ✭✭

ooooohhh, right, consoles.

*laughing out loud*
    Long Live the King!
  • Jeth
    Jeth
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, I can't log in....
    -Jeth
  • Shokner
    Shokner
    ✭✭✭
    Jeth wrote: »
    Hey, I can't log in....

This may be an unexpected error very unusual for a maintenance day. Apparently caught everyone one off guard it did.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone edit the Greymoor intro cutscene to say, "Hey, you're finally awake able to login!"?
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Shokner
    Shokner
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone edit the Greymoor intro cutscene to say, "Hey, you're finally awake able to login!"?

That would probably be a lie under the trade descriptions act>
  • LawLessOne
    LawLessOne
    Soul Shriven
    Am I the only one who gets a pain in the pit of my stomach on maintenance day?
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LawLessOne wrote: »

Probably the same pain I get every night trying to play in Cyrodiil.
  • Sir_Gentleman777
    Sir_Gentleman777
    ✭✭✭

Nope, it is not only you
  • Shokner
    Shokner
    ✭✭✭

That would probably be a lie under the trade descriptions act>

No all the dev team do when they push the big red button they got told never to push but you know what kids are like tell them not to push the button.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I worry that the ZOS execs don't treat their staff with dignity and respect, creating a culture of apathy and disengagement that results in days like today.

I have absolutely no evidence for this but that doesn't prevent it from being a fact.
  • Shokner
    Shokner
    ✭✭✭
    GenjiraX wrote: »
    I worry that the ZOS execs don't treat their staff with dignity and respect, creating a culture of apathy and disengagement that results in days like today.

I have absolutely no evidence for this but that doesn't prevent it from being a fact.

F*** me that is the funniest thing i read all night i fell of my chair laughing.

I had to give you an awesome for that <3
    Edited by Shokner on June 24, 2020 8:02PM