Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fake Tanks with "pro strats" make me sad

Unlikely_Ghostbuster
Unlikely_Ghostbuster
✭✭✭✭
If the group is made of people who don't know each other, it's not smart for ONE person to go AWOL, retroactively claiming it's a shortcut/time-saver.

I get it: you're not a real tank -- you have 22k health -- you were queue-jumping... So you want to sprint through, hoping nobody notices that you're queue-jumping.

There are several problems with that on the surface, but I'd like to say this, first: try playing the game as it's intended and you might enjoy it MORE.

Secondly, if you really must demonstrate your dungeon "pro-strats," do it with your guild mates, not in a pick-up group. By the time everyone else (yes, there are other people running the dungeon with you) realize what you're doing, the shortcut hasn't saved us (plural -- again, other people exist) any time at all.

And finally, us lowly magic-builds finally have something to crow about, the Thrassian Strangler gloves. To take full advantage of them, we need to kill 20 mobs before we get to the first boss, and we lose all of our bonus stacks when we die, so the "run to the boss" strategy is detrimental to overall DPS when we start the boss fight as corpses.

It's inconsiderate on the best of days. Today wasn't the best of days. :neutral:

At the very least, if you're just TOO PRO and can't contain your awesomeness, try talking to your group before you start and get everyone's consent, first.

And no, silence is not consent. In a pick-up-group, there's no guarantee everyone's watching chat, no guarantee everyone speaks your language, and maybe, just maybe, the people in your group are too polite to say what they think of your "pro-strats."
  • butterrum222
    butterrum222
    ✭✭✭
    Vote to kick ✔️
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vote to kick and run with guildmates and friends whenever possible. Pugs are good for entertainment value only as proven by this post. Why people punish themselves in the group finder, expecting people to just spontaneously not be horrible players/people boggles my mind. I understand the frustration, but people just aren't going to change. You have to be the one to seek out people you enjoy playing with rather than expect a random pool of players to fulfill that goal for you.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Inconsiderate and queue jumping yes but another player is not responsible for your build having to have work 20 kills either. Vote to kick if you like but don’t be angry at someone for not knowing your build and respecting it without saying anything at the start of a dungeon run.

Did like 6-8 runs of Volenfell to get lead. First group another player announced quick that is what he was here for. I announced it also. Said we are speed running. Noticed we had to low levels like under 25. Put in chat if we needed to stop or do anything so they could do the quest tells us and we would slow or stop and wait for them if not we are running fast. I was a fake healer but a stamplar but with Ritual of Retribution and Echoing Vigor no one died except twice in all the runs to the steam where you pull the levers. Other guy who was there for the lead was a fake tank.

Guess what the other 2 stayed with us for all the runs. We didn’t try any BS like kicking them because they were low levels. We treated them with respect as members of our team. Even backtracked when one was got caught and almost dying. Kept him alive and moved on. Stopped so they could complete the quest first go around. Not all pugs are bad.

Communication is the key is all I am saying. Been in other groups where I was the tank with sword and board bar but dps other bar and I was vote kicked for killing everything to fast while tanking also. They said in group chat Hell no this is a learning run and I’m putting up with this *** idiot after the first pull. I didn’t get angry or upset I just laughed it off and told them I would have gladly been a meat shield if they had only said or ask at the start.
  • Calypso589
    Calypso589
    ✭✭✭
    And finally, us lowly magic-builds finally have something to crow about, the Thrassian Strangler gloves. To take full advantage of them, we need to kill 20 mobs

Actually, you only need about 3 or 4 stacks before you're doing more damage than you would with any monster set you'd otherwise wear.

But agreed with everything else. :)
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There just needs to be more of an incentive for actual tanks to queue up, of course if that was done then there would be howls galore from others as to how it's not fair that tanks get a perk. Or for more people to play them perhaps? Do YOU have a tank toon? I have two tank toons and there's zero incentive to run with non-guildies. I like PUGs myself as it keeps me on my toes but I'm outside the norm.
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I report them every time. You are abusing the queue, period. Probably nothing done about it though because ZOS...
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Calypso589 wrote: »
    And finally, us lowly magic-builds finally have something to crow about, the Thrassian Strangler gloves. To take full advantage of them, we need to kill 20 mobs

Actually, you only need about 3 or 4 stacks before you're doing more damage than you would with any monster set you'd otherwise wear.

How does that arithmetic work? I presume there's no Combat Prayer in groups like that, so unless you're a warden Slimecraw's going to be worth somewhat more than that. :)
  • Xologamer
    Xologamer
    ✭✭✭✭
    try playing the game as it's intended and you might enjoy it MORE.

i play the game as it is intended and this is : play how u want - and than i can for sure play my tank with dd equip 20 life and 90k dps :)
  • Calypso589
    Calypso589
    ✭✭✭
    Calypso589 wrote: »

How does that arithmetic work? I presume there's no Combat Prayer in groups like that, so unless you're a warden Slimecraw's going to be worth somewhat more than that. :)

I mean sure I guess? In serious vet content I’m not sure why the healer wouldn’t have combat prayer so that’s the assumption I’m operating on when I say stranglers is better after 3 stacks.