The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Changes on Bloody Maras?

Devy666
Devy666
I heard the effects of these are being changed come the Greymoor update, but I can’t find where in the notes to see what those changes will be besides their name change

Best Answer

• Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took the effort to get some pictures.

20200525110229_1.jpg
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Answer ✓
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just name changes which makes trying to find them in your inventory a pain in the butt. Disastrously Blood Mara is now the Corrupting Bloody Mara, and the Double Bloody Mara is the Purifying Bloody Mara.

Edit: If they named the Double Bloody Mara to a Cleansing Bloody Mara then they would be easier to find in your inventory.
    Edited by Vevvev on May 25, 2020 2:30PM
  • Devy666
    Devy666
    Thank you! I understand your frustration and don’t quite see why they renamed them if not changing the effects... Can any one else confirm, the only changes are of the name of the item, and not any of the effects?
  • Devy666
    Devy666
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Took the effort to get some pictures.

20200525110229_1.jpg

Thank you so very much! I’m a newer player on the XBOX NA server. So I can’t see much more than the mess of notes had to offer and I still couldn’t find any mention of these until note - 0.5 and that only gave me a reference to re-names which are still just as confusing.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're welcome. I'm also noticing a slight description change to let you know what's actually going on and the icons got flipped. Didn't notice that till now.
  • Devy666
    Devy666
    Yeah when I first looked at your image- the icons it made me think you put it in some X pattern for some reason, haha. But it seems to make more sense that the “purifying” one would be lit up now.
    I assume the other one will still be the rarer of the two however?
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct, the one that put you at stage 4 is still the rarest of the 2 recipes. Not like that matters now since feeding increases your stage instead of reduce it, and the health recovery on the drink is absolutely worthless for a stage 4 vampire on the PTS. I have a theory they left it on there to drive sales of the new fountain furnishing, but even then a drink on a pure magicka build that gives you some stamina is a better idea since it gives you more dodge rolls and break frees.
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Correct, the one that put you at stage 4 is still the rarest of the 2 recipes. Not like that matters now since feeding increases your stage instead of reduce it, and the health recovery on the drink is absolutely worthless for a stage 4 vampire on the PTS. I have a theory they left it on there to drive sales of the new fountain furnishing, but even then a drink on a pure magicka build that gives you some stamina is a better idea since it gives you more dodge rolls and break frees.

What's the new Fountain furnishing? Missed that. Is that a Luxury furnishing?
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Threemoons wrote: »

What's the new Fountain furnishing? Missed that. Is that a Luxury furnishing?

Not added to the game yet. Its apart of a bundle with a name like Vampiric Libations or something like that.
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both of the new drinks are stupid.
    The original drinks made sense, back when, you know, needing to drink blood to stay in stage 1 (and thusly look LESS vampiric) made sense...

So now, lets see...
    1. You drink blood and your body looks more exsanguinated than before because, reasons :trollface:
    2. You consume a "drink" that has blood in it, but it somehow makes you lose blood, which in doing so makes you look more human? 🙄
    3. You consume a different "drink" that also has blood in it, but this one actually increases your stage by adding more blood to your...okay, now this is just downright nonsensical.
    They should just rename both drinks to: "Stage Juice 1 and 2", and then make the description: "Yeah, I don't know, whatever."

*sigh* Whatever.
    Next thing we'll be drinking unicorn blood and sparkling.
    Edited by OmniDo on June 1, 2020 4:44PM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OmniDo wrote: »
    The original drinks made sense, back when, you know, needing to drink blood to stay in stage 1 (and thusly look LESS vampiric) made sense...

So now, lets see...
    1. You drink blood and your body looks more exsanguinated than before because, reasons :trollface:
    2. You consume a "drink" that has blood in it, but it somehow makes you lose blood, which in doing so makes you look more human? 🙄
    3. You consume a different "drink" that also has blood in it, but this one actually increases your stage by adding more blood to your...okay, now this is just downright nonsensical.
    They should just rename both drinks to: "Stage Juice 1 and 2", and then make the description: "Yeah, I don't know, whatever."

*sigh* Whatever.

Don't you just love rushed retcons!?

I mean now we can suddenly drink vampire and daedric blood as well as mortal blood for some reason. In fact there is even an achievement for it and everything! Whole thing feels silly to me and there is a lack of consistency throughout this "revamp". They even made things like the Corrupting Bloody Mara (Former Disastrously Bloody Mara) completely worthless now with the health recovery effect being removed completely by the stage 4 -100% health regen. :disappointed:
  • StamPlar_1976
    StamPlar_1976
    ✭✭✭✭
    OmniDo wrote: »

So now, lets see...

*sigh* Whatever.

Pretty much.