Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

what changes would you make to kill the zerg?

• Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have much hope, but.

Decrease ap gain, mounted and sprint speed, and crit resistance by x%, where x=double the number of group members.

Boom, no more 0-100 spikes of data when a zerg rushes out of nowhere all at once.
    Edited by Gatdangmayne on June 16, 2020 11:11PM
  • butterrum222
    butterrum222
    ✭✭✭
    Friendly fire would get rid of ball groups
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rahar

I like your answer brotha I think I might’ve been wrong about you. I was wrong to think you’re defending any one side or any one person you’re just here giving your opinion.

Alls I’m saying, and you seem to agree, is that zergs are different from ball groups, ball groups take skill, and less people shouldn’t be able to beat more people unless you have more skill.

Frankly I’ve found almost everyone to be extremely disingenuous when they claim they want to nerf the Zerg for server performance. But not you perhaps.

I would support the idea of limiting group sizes. I would support the idea of limiting AP gain. I would not support any resistance, crit, dmg, defile, healing, or ANYTHING that actually makes a character weaker. If you wanna do that then you’d better wanna do it to everyone.

If you want less aoe ticks or caps or whatever... I would maybe support that. But only if it’s for everyone all the time. This is an mmo. An avava mmo, at that. If you’re too damn good to run in a ball group then you’d better not show up here complaining. It’s not our fault you’re not as good as you want to be.

Here... you want me to be constructive instead of destructive? Change the emp and scroll bonuses. They can give more ap to the possessing faction but not damage and health bonuses. Why should the currently strongest faction get buffed? Also, why does the hammer still randomly spawn with the faction that owns the whole map 1/3 of the time? Fix that.

And sure, do whatever you can to fix the lag... but do it across the board. Cuz. That. Will. Help. MORE.
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ged rid of cleanse via battle spirit, thats all.
    Atm its literally imposible to defile these facerolling spammers.
    Friendly fire in the game with tons of aoe skills and procs ?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tammany wrote: »
    Ged rid of cleanse via battle spirit, thats all.
    Atm its literally imposible to defile these facerolling spammers.
    Friendly fire in the game with tons of aoe skills and procs ?

I main a templar, and I think I'm on board with this. We'd just need a different proactive defense, at least for stamplar. Then again; I dont see what stamsorc has either except streak defensively maybe?
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »
    some crappy ball group runs into a good ball group and their little farming becomes threatened. What do they do? Stack more players into the ball. Doesn't matter if they are good at it, so long as they can follow the build guidelines and learn to stay on crown. Next thing you know, we are not talking about Drac and their 12 man ball group; but now we have full raids of 24 tightly stacked or at least as good as they can do because the quality of player gets more relaxed, but still; more strain on the server. Hell; I have seen some of them run 2 raids all together in a ball.

I agree with this and the server performance shows it. I think perhaps the reason we disagree on some topics is because of the wording used. for example I don't consider people running in these 16-24+ frontline zerg groups to be a ball group, no matter how they play or what tactics they use.

If you aren't fighting away from your faction, outnumbered and taking on enemy zerg groups you aren't playing as a ball group should play imo.

Thats not to say that I don't occasionally frontline zerg or my guild, every guild and player has at some point but whats different is what your main aim is and the fights you usually take part in.

So when you or others are saying that we need to remove ball groups to me it means that you want to encourage people to join these zerg groups who just outnumber and frontline down people because ball groups are meant to be a counter to these groups.

The lines are blurry because the average zerg of PUGs can be overcome. My concern is there is starting to be more of a hybrid. The faction stack zerg try to do what you guys do, with stacking purges and regeneration and have enough people to spam bombard and talons and still have 10 bombers.

That's why I was suggesting synergy requirements for the purge. Overlapping heal stacks is more difficult to address. Need to make it no so easy to do that just wranglingPUGs in zone is good enough for it to work.

There is already a purge synergy in game - Purify.
    Also remember that Synergies have a 20s cooldown which means that if you are trying to take a keep and under siege you wont be able to remove that oil on you unless you are a templar, warden or necro outside of the 20s window. I don't think that will go down well with pugs.

I would be happy to see more scaling damage skills (which aren't just cast time - i.e. never work in lag). It would force us to play more carefully and also punish even larger stacks more heavily.

I also think that they should adjust the AP for captures to be more heavily skewed to an offensive tick based system which is shared amongst number of people there rather than just baseline 6k for everyone regardless. I think 2k is more than enough if you don't get any fight there, and if you do get a fight then the tick should scale higher faster but spread amongst number of players.

Group cap is a potential secondary way, however as you said it would make it way harder to kill groups like Drac unless you lacked coordination across raid groups. Also the game is meant to be social so i feel like it would cause bad feeling amongst the casual groups just looking to have fun in a large group uncoordinated.

I'd also like to see increased rewards for keeps not on the front lines. for example lets say you take Farragut as AD and defend it whilst BRK is being pushed at the front lines. There should be some 'no port line' bonus to your ticks which is added until the point the port line is connected (obviously in the case of farragut you cannot port there as AD). "your actions are more valuable to your faction because you were fighting without resupply" can be the RP to justify it. As well as this the defending faction (EP in this case) should be encouraged to come back from the front line to recapture the keep by receiving higher offensive and defensive ticks for the gate keeps.
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on June 17, 2020 11:37AM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • NekoN3ko
    NekoN3ko
    ✭✭✭
    If there is more than 5-6 players on your screen - you will succumb to the lag Gods.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Brilliant and Awesome idea!
    i hope Zenimax does that, it would help fix this plague we are experience.
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Making aoe skill that "negates" friendly healing (only healing), moves with target and cannot be cleansed. Self heal still works (you only cant heal others) and "negate" works on stamina healing too
    Skill also should be spammable and available for everyone
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No offense but these suggestions are ZZZZZ.....ZZZZZZ. Do something chaotic to counter zergs.

Mad God's Scroll of Chaotic Mass Teleportation:
    1) One scroll will spawn randomly at a keep owned by each alliance.
    2) The person who collects the scroll will be marked. You have 20 minutes to use the scroll or it will respawn randomly at one of your alliances keep. If you die before you use the scroll it may be picked up by anyone. It has a 5 minutes timer( regardless of how much time you had left) for them to use or it respawns at one of your keeps.
    3) Scroll effects are one of the following at random on activation:
    A) Everyone in a 10 to 50 meter radius will be knocked back 5 to 100 meters and stunned for 0 to 10 seconds.
    B) Everyone in a 10 to 50 meter radius will be teleported to their nearest keep and have their mounted speed reduced 5-50% for 5 to 60 seconds.
    C) Everyone except the scroll bearers alliance that is within 10-100 meters will be teleported 200 to 1000 meters in a random direction and have their speed reduced 10-30% for 20 to 60 sec.
    D) Everyone but the scroll bearers alliance within 10-100 meters will be teleported to a random keep and be made invisible for 30-90 seconds
    E) Everyone in the scroll bearers alliance within a 10-100 meter radius will teleport into the nearest enemy keep.
    F) Everyone in a 10-100 meter radius becomes invisible and immune to damage unless they use an ability of any type( including mounting) or attack. This effect has a maximum duration of 5 minutes before you become visible again.
    G) Repellent: Those allies within 10-100 meters will have a repel buff put on them in which enemies who get within 5 meters of them will be knocked back 3-30 meters and stunned for 1-3 seconds. This effect can only affect an enemy once every 6 seconds. The Repellent buff last 30-90 seconds.
    H) Supernova: Any enemies within a 10 -100 meter radius will be pulled to the center of target circle and held( stacked) and have 0.5 seconds added to all abilities. After 10-30 seconds the stack will explode out sending the enemy players 5-50 meters in a random direction and doing 500 to 5000 damage.
    I) Mad Gods Masquerade: 10-50 radius. Each player in the target area will randomly experience one of A-H effects.

Note #1: When you pick up the scroll and examine it, it will tell you which it will have. It will not change effects until used and only has 1 of the effects per use.
    Note #2: The ranges in each effect are chaotic. You wont know the radius until you use the scroll( all scrolls are ground targeted AOE. The other ranges in an effect are randomly per person. For example in A the range might be 34 meters from center. One person in the AOE might be knocked back 9m and stunned for 7 sec while another person might be knocked back 58 meters and stunned for 1 sec.
    Note #3: I, the Mad God's Masquerade has 3 times the chance of being selected than any other effect.
    Note #4: The Scroll bearers are immune to the effects of their scrolls as well as the effects of enemy scrolls for as long as they are holding the scroll.
  • Dat
    Dat
    ✭✭✭
    No offense but these suggestions are ZZZZZ.....ZZZZZZ. Do something chaotic to counter zergs.

2) The person who collects the scroll will be marked. You have 20 minutes to use the scroll or it will respawn randomly at one of your alliances keep. If you die before you use the scroll it may be picked up by anyone. It has a 5 minutes timer( regardless of how much time you had left) for them to use or it respawns at one of your keeps.
    A) Everyone in a 10 to 50 meter radius will be knocked back 5 to 100 meters and stunned for 0 to 10 seconds.
    B) Everyone in a 10 to 50 meter radius will be teleported to their nearest keep and have their mounted speed reduced 5-50% for 5 to 60 seconds.
    C) Everyone except the scroll bearers alliance that is within 10-100 meters will be teleported 200 to 1000 meters in a random direction and have their speed reduced 10-30% for 20 to 60 sec.
    D) Everyone but the scroll bearers alliance within 10-100 meters will be teleported to a random keep and be made invisible for 30-90 seconds
    E) Everyone in the scroll bearers alliance within a 10-100 meter radius will teleport into the nearest enemy keep.
    F) Everyone in a 10-100 meter radius becomes invisible and immune to damage unless they use an ability of any type( including mounting) or attack. This effect has a maximum duration of 5 minutes before you become visible again.
    G) Repellent: Those allies within 10-100 meters will have a repel buff put on them in which enemies who get within 5 meters of them will be knocked back 3-30 meters and stunned for 1-3 seconds. This effect can only affect an enemy once every 6 seconds. The Repellent buff last 30-90 seconds.
    H) Supernova: Any enemies within a 10 -100 meter radius will be pulled to the center of target circle and held( stacked) and have 0.5 seconds added to all abilities. After 10-30 seconds the stack will explode out sending the enemy players 5-50 meters in a random direction and doing 500 to 5000 damage.
    I) Mad Gods Masquerade: 10-50 radius. Each player in the target area will randomly experience one of A-H effects.

Note #1: When you pick up the scroll and examine it, it will tell you which it will have. It will not change effects until used and only has 1 of the effects per use.
    Note #2: The ranges in each effect are chaotic. You wont know the radius until you use the scroll( all scrolls are ground targeted AOE. The other ranges in an effect are randomly per person. For example in A the range might be 34 meters from center. One person in the AOE might be knocked back 9m and stunned for 7 sec while another person might be knocked back 58 meters and stunned for 1 sec.
    Note #3: I, the Mad God's Masquerade has 3 times the chance of being selected than any other effect.
    Note #4: The Scroll bearers are immune to the effects of their scrolls as well as the effects of enemy scrolls for as long as they are holding the scroll.

I.....why would....(sigh) I dont wanna live on this planet anymore
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dat wrote: »

I.....why would....(sigh) I dont wanna live on this planet anymore

You should call a helpline then perhaps and talk to someone about that. Work through it and get your thoughts sorted out.
  • Dat
    Dat
    ✭✭✭
    Lol