Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templars PvP - Detailed Guide, Suggestions, Advice, etc. - Elsweyr

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    I can't imagine playing magicka without masters destro or stamina without snow treaders or wild hunt atm. I might the speed mythics on magicka though. Not needing RAT sounds nice.

I'd be tempted for snow traders right now as people seem to be taking advantage of lag spamming bombard and talons as their only offense while zerging. Had a death recap yesterday in prime time almost entirely of bombard, burnishing talons, and the synergy as 10 people swarmed me and shuffle nor roll dodge would go off. I've even seen talons grab me mid roll.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    would it be outrageous mixing TitanBorn and Ancient Dragonguard? Lots of players seem to use Deadly
    I'm also thinking deadly to bump up Jabs...not sure though

Is Sellitrix any good in this new patch?
    Edited by Rhaegar75 on June 9, 2020 6:51PM
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im loving my build atm. What's working for other magplars?
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torn on monster sets atm though. What are yall looking towards.
  • soniku4ikblis
    soniku4ikblis
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed Pariah, Stuhn's, Grothdar, using AoE skills for small group. But my sustain was terrible.

Switched to Cryo Light, Bright's, Pirate Skeleton and it was fun but without my def procs I was thin as paper and got bursted easily outside windiws. Did a bit more damage running Thief Mundas for crit at 50% rate and 85% crit damage.

Right now I am still just dissatisfied with Templar overall and have theory crafted the hell out of it.

Either I have subpar damage going with defense, or paper thin defense going high damage, or ridiculously low sustain.

Otherwise, I cannot find a happy place where Templar just feels strong and dominating.

That is, until I played a heavy armor healer using Stalwart Guard and that was fun playing a Paladin like tank in small group. Taunted, did a bit of damage, and mostly protected the DPS.

I think that is one of Templar's biggest strengths: playing a heal guard bot.

Dps is just ok if you play all AoE skills with Ele Storm on you. Other then that, I'd rather play Warden or Nec to feel more satisfaction.

Edited by soniku4ikblis on June 11, 2020 10:01PM
    __._-*._._._.-*'"{Sonic Euphoric Bliss}"'*-._._._.*-_.__
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im sitting at self buffed: ice/snb
    -34.8k magicka
    -26.2k hp
    -17k stamina
    -1980 mag recovery without rune
    -703 stam recovery
    -3768 spell dmg
    -46% spell crit
    -22k physical 25k spell in rune on offensive bar before blood spawn
    -4197 crit resistance
    -4 welfitted 3 sturdy
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    would it be outrageous mixing TitanBorn and Ancient Dragonguard? Lots of players seem to use Deadly

Sellistrix always has been and always will be recommended on jabbing stamplar by me.

This patch it's guaranteed to proc every 5 seconds (?) so its more OP than ever because you force you opponent to block or move, wasting their stam.

It's completely unbalanced and OP on live right now, but you know, ZOS reads PTS input and just happens to disagree about the obvious.

TL;DR: Wear Sellistrix for an easy carry set.

Edit: Forgot to also mention that you should use Sellistrix, esp. if you slot Ritual of Retribution on mag or stam. No other 2-piece comes close to the value. You get attack and defense from one 2-piece effectively...Hey, it's balanced :D
    Edited by Kadoin on June 12, 2020 3:01AM
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First iteration, really it's built for our 4 man. Should probably focus more dmg in a duo. Prob just gonna build a different class for that though.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what ZOS was thinking this time. Without HOTs and defensive buffs, I think Magplar falls behind even more.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what ZOS was thinking this time. Without HOTs and defensive buffs, I think Magplar falls behind even more.

And they removed burning light from the game to boot.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cast time on Crescent? Press F.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s a few unnecessary changes for Templar next update. I’m curious to see how ritual of retribution works though.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol i can't believe they made purifying/potl HARDER to cap. It's already the HARDEST burst mechanic to use with the most counterplay of ANY class. Meanwhile nexus can cast 2 blast bones, do 14k aoe dmg in that time frame, and major defile everyone hit. So moronic. Scoundrels developing this game out to create p2w.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Isn't Puncturing Sweep dmg still lessened by major evasion, even though it is direct dmg?
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    Isn't Puncturing Sweep dmg still lessened by major evasion, even though it is direct dmg?

It’s direct damage and an aoe.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »

It’s direct damage and an aoe.

though only second tooltip is real aoe which hits like wet noodle
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like im staying support with my templar
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s a few unnecessary changes for Templar next update. I’m curious to see how ritual of retribution works though.

You no longer heal in the Ritual so it just puts the impetus on your opponent to kill you faster. I doubt I'll use it again. It was once my preferred morph.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You no longer heal in the Ritual so it just puts the impetus on your opponent to kill you faster. I doubt I'll use it again. It was once my preferred morph.

That morph was your preferred morph? So you didn't value cleanse over minuscule damage? ... I'll never understand that.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It’s honestly a very terrible change. I needed the extra damage, but I had to give up being able to purge five things. The length of retribution was also much less . So I made a trade off to get more damage and healing but less purges. There were times I had to cast retribution two or three times in a row to get rid of debuffs. But I needed that extra damage so I made a conscious choice to deal with the extra cost . Templar’s need a heal over time and this is all we have except for spamming sweeps. We are basically forced to use extended. I do not see people using this morph now. Why would I choose retribution for damage that only increases over time and only purges two things. I will likely never be able to reach full damage potential because of having to recast in order to get rid of debufs.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I use it with pariah and troll King on a brawl blade with dark cloak. It's awesome
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That morph was your preferred morph? So you didn't value cleanse over minuscule damage? ... I'll never understand that.

You're always going to have dots on you. 9 times out of 10, dots didn't kill me; burst did.

Also, it was preferred for solo PVE.
    Edited by StarOfElyon on July 14, 2020 11:11PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're always going to have dots on you. 9 times out of 10, dots didn't kill me; burst did.

Also, it was preferred for solo PVE.

Its a game of attrition. Damage vs healing. And it wasn't just DOTs adding up, but defiles, fracture/breach and other debuffs, even your enemies resource management or the odd damage buff they have against you.

The thing that annoys me most has already happened. HTD while block casting takes a second longer than just HTD and that really cheeses me off as lag makes that seem like an eternity or just not fire at all.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if they're removing the heal from Ritual of Retribution, what's the reason they don't have it cleanse 5 negative effects like the other morph? Just damage? This is frustrating.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if they're removing the heal from Ritual of Retribution, what's the reason they don't have it cleanse 5 negative effects like the other morph? Just damage? This is frustrating.

Feels like they want to purposely drive people away from things sometimes
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I use it with pariah and troll King on a brawl blade with dark cloak. It's awesome

Heavy or light?

My other gripe is that I can't seem to get any major plusses if I use malacath.
    My MagDK is amazing with Mala but can't get it to work with Magplars

• EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Heavy or light?

My other gripe is that I can't seem to get any major plusses if I use malacath.
    My MagDK is amazing with Mala but can't get it to work with Magplars

On my stamblade? Im running medium. Heavy would be fine too though.

I don't use any mythics on any magicka class. Bar-able 5pcs, masters destro, and monster sets are better for magicka in cp imo.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    any major changes for your templars with the new update?
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    any major changes for your templars with the new update?

Nerf to burning light, backlash, radial sweep, puncturing sweeps.

They removed the healing from ritual of retribution, slightly reworked light weaver passive to not be as useless.

So mostly just nerfs.