Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update: Greymoor Availability for PlayStation 4 on PlayStation Store

• MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iamkeebler wrote: »
    So the title of this article specifically states: “ WHY CAN’T PS4 PLAYERS PRE-PURCHASE GREYMOOR?“ and yet we aren’t given any reasoning on why we can’t preorder it just that we can order it day of.

- Why can’t PS4 players preorder? This seems to be the one question that is constantly being avoided on answering.
    - How big is this download going to be and will PS4 players actually get a chance to play it day of since we can’t preorder and start the download immediately upon availability?

As a PS4 player I want to know if this is what we can expect for all releases moving forward? Is it Playstation that is preventing the ability to preorder?

Suggestion: Make our PS4 accounts transferable to a different platform (like PC) so we switch to platforms that actually support the game. I’d move to PC if it wasn’t for loosing out on 5 years of gameplay/character building.

The reason why ps4 cant pre purchase is because of a SONY vs ZOS issue. Im not sure on the exact details, but SONY has some terms of service stuff that doesnt agree with ZOS stuff, so they are stuck at this kind of cross roads where this is the only agreement they seem to have come up with. So for now, ull still have the option of getting the game with the collectibles as if u pre ordered, but cannot actually pre get the game. Sucks that it has to be this way, but until SONY and ZOS can work things out this is how its gunna be it seems.

I bet it has to do with the refunds Sony dished out over last year chapter after players complained enough to them about ZoS. Because of this, it is easier just to give the pre-order items with regular purchases because Sony does not provide refunds for games at regular purchase but does for pre-orders.

• Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker

Any idea at what time this will go live & be available to buy / download?

Ta.
  • blkjag
    blkjag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about an update on pvp PS4 na
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be available sometime between Midnight and 9am on june 9th
    Edited by volkeswagon on May 27, 2020 3:57AM
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Am looking forward to this!

And do you know what? Even if it as beset by problems as pc, I shall just GO AND DO SOMETHING ELSE until fixed. 😘
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    Am looking forward to this!

And do you know what? Even if it as beset by problems as pc, I shall just GO AND DO SOMETHING ELSE until fixed. 😘

I like your attitude
  • Rye_puff
    Rye_puff
    ✭✭
    iamkeebler wrote: »
    Suggestion: Make our PS4 accounts transferable to a different platform (like PC) so we switch to platforms that actually support the game. I’d move to PC if it wasn’t for loosing out on 5 years of gameplay/character building.
    I would do the same. I’ve put way too much into my main that it would be exhausting to start anew on PC.
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [PS4] I ordered the physical Greymoor collectors edition back in late January, how will I be able to claim the gift package?

~ Cheers
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Two weeks of availability for the exclusive pre-order items, when everyone else has had literally months to pre-order BEFORE the world went to garbage with COVID-19 and a bunch of people lost their income.

That's actually pretty mean-spirited, I think.
  • Jinxxy85
    Jinxxy85
    ✭✭✭
    renne wrote: »
    Two weeks of availability for the exclusive pre-order items, when everyone else has had literally months to pre-order BEFORE the world went to garbage with COVID-19 and a bunch of people lost their income.

Just to hit on this point a little further, the preorder bonuses end on the Tuesday and unfortunately the final Friday of the month, when a lot of people will actually be getting some pay, is three days after the cut off date. Can we please get just a handful of days extension to the offer to help out those in this situation?
  • terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jinxxy85 wrote: »

Just to hit on this point a little further, the preorder bonuses end on the Tuesday and unfortunately the final Friday of the month, when a lot of people will actually be getting some pay, is three days after the cut off date. Can we please get just a handful of days extension to the offer to help out those in this situation?

That is a very good point.

Most people get paid at the end of each month...so the pre-order bonus should run to 5th July to be fair to those that don't have the money before the end of June payday
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the first time. I won’t be buying it right away. I just don’t trust that any of the issues will be fixed. Block rendering stuck to my face 24/7 will probably still be there for example. Zone looks small, story line looks weak and gameplay issues will still be there. No point throwing good money away. Just my two cents.
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a very good point.

Most people get paid at the end of each month...so the pre-order bonus should run to 5th July to be fair to those that don't have the money before the end of June payday

I would actually prefer it, if ZOS made the pre-order bonuses available in the Crown Store for a certain time - either as a package or each one individually. With the state the game is in right now, I just don't see myself buying Greymoor in the near future, but I would have really loved to get the sacrificial pocket mammoth. I know, I know, it's just a pet, but I just find these little guys so cute and never had a chance to buy one from the Crown Store since they were available before I played ESO. I would happily give ZOS money to buy one... but not if that involves buying the whole chapter at this particular point in time.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So maintenance ends at 5am June 10. Can we start Greymoor then or is it 10am. Can we purchase Greymoor at 12am June 10th?
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we still can't download this game? I'm trapped at home, I just want to buy this damn game.
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoolielulu wrote: »
    So we still can't download this game? I'm trapped at home, I just want to buy this damn game.

Nope, Zos wanted to make a political statement, and to do that they had to punish one (large) side of their playerbase.
  • Jinxxy85
    Jinxxy85
    ✭✭✭

You can buy and play this game right now. What you can't do is access the new area until tomorrow morning.
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Has anyone been able to buy this on PS4 yet? The PS store for me has not updated I guess...lol
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No PS4 codes on Amazon either, but Xbox codes are on Amazon.
    I realize it won't play before the 10th but you would think they would updated the store the day before.
  • Jinxxy85
    Jinxxy85
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was stated as only being available from the 10th? They did remove Elsweyr from the PS store either today or yesterday though.
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can buy and play this game right now. What you can't do is access the new area until tomorrow morning.

Sorry, never mind
    Edited by Hoolielulu on June 9, 2020 7:34PM
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not on PS store in UK yet so lord knows how you are able to buy the game @Jinxxy85
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my guess is Midnight tonight
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think postponing it a day was a nice gesture
  • Mirrrr
    Mirrrr
    ✭✭✭
    I think postponing it a day was a nice gesture

I agree. Some things are more important then games.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You are wrong on that. It is not in the PS4 store now.

And of course downloading the update waits until I get back to my PS4. It couldn't download while in rest mode as I have it set to do....

(That is not an ESO problem, but it is sure annoying.)

Not that I could play even if I did have the download since it is maintenance time. At least I got my daily riding items for my 2 new characters earlier.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And of course downloading the update waits until I get back to my PS4. It couldn't download while in rest mode as I have it set to do....

Not that I could play even if I did have the download since it is maintenance time. At least I got my daily riding items for my 2 new characters earlier.

It's available to download now, if you left it in rest mode, you can download a theme from the playstation app to trigger the update.
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's available to download now, if you left it in rest mode, you can download a theme from the playstation app to trigger the update.

Available to download yeah, but it's still not available for purchase because reasons. Wonder if all future chapter releases are going to be this out of wack on ps4.
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wonder what time ps4 players can purchase the game
  • Colinr1968
    Colinr1968
    ✭✭
    Right mine is downloading but still cannot purchase on ps4 May xbix or pc the way to go as Sony can't get fool all right