The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Celebration Times: CP 1000

SeaGtGruff
SeaGtGruff
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Yes, I know that CP goes a lot higher than 1000. But I just went from 999 to 1000, and for me that fourth digit is an important psychological milestone. Yay, it's time to celebrate! Anyone have any ideas that don't involve me buying everybody a round of drinks? :)
I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take gold :*
    PcNA @whitefulla
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Go fishing and pass out salmon

:#
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    An important psychological milestone when the cap was almost 200cp earlier?
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    An important psychological milestone when the cap was almost 200cp earlier?

Yeah, anything past 810 seems pointless, doesn't it? :p
  • kirgeo
    kirgeo
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully they come up with a new progression system soon.
  • xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    And here I am with just CP 950.
    I should get out of cyrodiil and start doing more pve content.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xshatox wrote: »
    And here I am with just CP 950.
    I should get out of cyrodiil and start doing more pve content.

I don't know about that; it depends on how long and how hard you've been playing.

Some players probably grind to CP 1000 pretty quickly, especially using XP scrolls or potions, or farming MOBs and bosses.

I don't grind for XP; I just play the game and don't farm MOBs, grind dolmens, etc., because I don't care how long it takes me to hit Level 50 and start earning CP on a given character.

You can't distribute any more than 810 CP anyway, so until/unless they raise the cap, anything over 810 is kind of pointless.

When I said "psychological milestone," I was sort of referring to the fact that hitting CP 1000 is basically pointless as far as not being any different in practical terms than hitting CP 810. So for me, it's sort of like rolling your score in a video game.

For me, hitting CP 1000 is just a reminder of how many consecutive days I've been playing this game since I first started, not quite three years ago, and how many hours each day I've put into it.
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP1300 here. Congrats. Maybe someday they will be put to use.
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    congratulations im on my 3rd grind now I just moved to PC and left my 1400 CP on xbox NA and 860 CP on xbox EU and currently 310 CP on PC NA
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lot of new players in Western Skyrim. Maybe hand out some furnishings for their free apartment, or past event style pages like Jephrine & Glenmoril Wyrd?
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *shrug* I've got one at ~400 and one at just over 300 (not sure, don't really keep track). Even with the CP, I can't get past Yahgrondu. Which means I can't progress.

A lot of it is of course my ping (750+.... and this is the "better satellite") - and there's nothing I can do about that.
  • RageKing
    RageKing
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also hit cp 1000 this week. Ive been playing since launch but took time off a few times and played casually.
    I do agree that hitting that 4th digit is a milestone, especially when playing casual like i have been for a while.