The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Who wants free stuff

Trailed
Trailed
✭✭✭
I'm about sick of going into a BG to find 80% of players being 2H stam builds and outscoring everybody 500-150. Between the nerf to healing, and the literal nothing done to stamina except make it stronger, I now have the option of immediate death or spamming a heal that does significantly less healing and then die. I could CC and then extend that for another few seconds, if only breaking free was as detrimental to stamina builds as it was magic.

I can dodge roll a whopping twice before I am out of stamina and getting hit by everything again. I can't sprint across the map forever with invisibility even as vamp lvl 4. But I guess I have access to heals and some ranged abilities, except that you can effectively play a stamina healer in this game and probably do better than a magic based one. Its great that stamina builds have access to every utility that a magic build does, significantly harder hitting spam in 2H, and the ability to kite forever.

BRAVO, you've effectively made it worthless to be a magic build in BGs. About to just give my entire account away and never look at another Bethesda/ZOS game again.
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i need to know what class u play and if u rly play vampire. becouse vampire in pvp atm just sucks hard its something u can use in pve.

strong magicka characters are:

magplar
    magsorc
    magden

the only magicka class thats rly screwed atm is magblade
    Edited by Noctus on May 31, 2020 7:41AM
  • Trailed
    Trailed
    ✭✭✭
    I have literally every single one of these magic builds and just about every one will get 2H dizzying spammed into an ult or the other way around. Even on my supposedly "Op MaGiCkA sOrC". I understand that blink is annoying, but every class has a gap closer. Spam shield and pray to the divines you can blink far enough away to eliminate the possibility of gap closing, at which point you're likely OOM.

To top that off, I have absolutely no problem with most sorcs in BGs, or at the very least it is more even of a fight on my magcro. I think i'm starting to get a 1/2 decent setup going, but it is also 1am nearly and I would imagine that there are far less people in the rotation to test against.
  • Trailed
    Trailed
    ✭✭✭
    *Every class other than magic necro has a gap closer
  • Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭
    Trailed wrote: »
    I'm about sick of going into a BG to find 80% of players being 2H stam builds and outscoring everybody 500-150. Between the nerf to healing, and the literal nothing done to stamina except make it stronger, I now have the option of immediate death or spamming a heal that does significantly less healing and then die. I could CC and then extend that for another few seconds, if only breaking free was as detrimental to stamina builds as it was magic.

I can dodge roll a whopping twice before I am out of stamina and getting hit by everything again. I can't sprint across the map forever with invisibility even as vamp lvl 4. But I guess I have access to heals and some ranged abilities, except that you can effectively play a stamina healer in this game and probably do better than a magic based one. Its great that stamina builds have access to every utility that a magic build does, significantly harder hitting spam in 2H, and the ability to kite forever.

BRAVO, you've effectively made it worthless to be a magic build in BGs. About to just give my entire account away and never look at another Bethesda/ZOS game again.

Not sure, but I'm pretty sure magicka especially sorcs have been very dominant for a long time now . If you are telling me stamina classes are starting to catch up. It's about time.

Time's change man, got to go with the flow.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure, but I'm pretty sure magicka especially sorcs have been very dominant for a long time now . If you are telling me stamina classes are starting to catch up. It's about time.

Sorcerers are the only Magicka class that has been consistently in the same ballpark as Stamina builds over the last several years. At least in the hands of decent-or-better players, that is. A bad player on a Mag Sorc is oftentimes a free kill who can be safely ignored when necessary, only being annoying for the amount of killstealing that they may do. The same can't be said for Stamina builds, where even newbs can be quite dangerous in group fights...so long as they can find their Dizzying Swing or Biting Jabs hotkey.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there not other things you enjoy doing in ESO? I haven't done a lot of battlegrounds but things change here all the time.
  • Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »

Sorcerers are the only Magicka class that has been consistently in the same ballpark as Stamina builds over the last several years. At least in the hands of decent-or-better players, that is. A bad player on a Mag Sorc is oftentimes a free kill who can be safely ignored when necessary, only being annoying for the amount of killstealing that they may do. The same can't be said for Stamina builds, where even newbs can be quite dangerous in group fights...so long as they can find their Dizzying Swing or Biting Jabs hotkey.

How do you know newbs are the ones that are smashing people? Being smashed to dizzying swing spam is kinda sad, you can easily block, roll, and make them run out of stamina.

As for biting jabs, I've been arguing that to be the most OP move, which is more a class issue, but if you balance that, the same people saying they want there magplars to get even more things, will complain more.
  • Trailed
    Trailed
    ✭✭✭
    mrsrobot wrote: »
    Are there not other things you enjoy doing in ESO? I haven't done a lot of battlegrounds but things change here all the time.

I find the dungeons and trial content to be pretty laughable as far as PvE content goes and don't really run them unless a friend needs help.

Cyrodiil is far from actual PvP content IMO. There is nothing skill testing about running around in a zerg or blowing up said zerg with catapults.

Scrying is a fun time killer I suppose, except if i'm not going to continue to support a game for a side gimic after playing and enjoying since beta until recently.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

With quitting threads being against the Forum Rules, we're going to go ahead and close this thread down. While feedback is always appreciated, we ask that you stay constructive when providing it.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.