The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't log in on most of my alts - PC-EU

FranklesConina
I tried last night (1am BST) to log in to alts to do my writs and each time I got 'ESO is not responding' and then booted to login, still in the game.

I tried again this morning and I can only log in on my main (first character) and my new character. The other 9 I cannot log in. I go to selection, get an endless loading screen to Vivec 'ESO not responding' and back to the main log in. This makes no sense. The 9 that can't log in have not been to W Skyrim yet, that is the only difference I can see. I have tried multiple times to log in to each of them.

I have: checked my internet connection (ping 13 ms, download >200 Mbps), repaired the game via the launcher (multiple times), and done a full reinstall. I have not had this issue before

I am beyond frustrated right now as this makes no logical sense and can only be a server-side issue.

@ZOS_GinaBruno please would you help? I raised a ticket 200530-003035 via the website.

Yes, I can quest on two characters, but I need my alts for dailies and trials later....
Edited by FranklesConina on May 30, 2020 9:34AM
Co-leader of Tamriel Women Unite on PCEU
EU main, NA dabbler
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm able to log in on all of my PC EU alts who haven't been to Western Skyrim yet, so I doubt that it has anything to do with that, despite it being the only common factor you can think of among all of the alts you're having trouble with.

But I notice you mentioned "an endless loading screen to Vivec 'ESO not responding'," which sounds like all of the alts you're having trouble logging in on might currently be in Vivec City. Is that correct?

What about the characters you're able to log in on; are they currently in Vivec City, too?

Note that I'm not having trouble logging in on my one PC EU alt who's in Vivec City-- and who hasn't been to Western Skyrim yet-- but Vivec City can be very highly populated with players at certain times of the day, and when I successfully logged in a few hours ago it seemed to be relatively deserted as compared to other times.

Whatever the issue is, I hope it gets resolved so you can access all of your characters as desired!
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on May 30, 2020 10:50AM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Lady_Sleepless
    Lady_Sleepless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This exact thing happens to me. I crash every single time I switch characters. If I do decide to switch it takes me on average 3 crashes before it'll finally work. It seems to crash on the new character select screen.
  • Alidel
    Alidel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have same issue. 2/3 times I crash on character selection screen, sometimes even before I choose character to play with. Maybe it has something to do with number of characters? I have all 18 and maybe game can't handle it most of the time. But yeah, relogging is very infuriating.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It worked great for me a few hours ago, when I was cycling through all of my alts to use up all the recipes and blueprints that I'd been amassing in my bank account. I don't know if it's relevant, but all of my characters were in different zones than each other, and only one of them was in Vivec City. And it definitely seemed to be a relatively "quiet" time as far as the number of players I saw running around when I was cycling through my PC EU characters.

On the other hand, a few hours before that I was questing on Bleakrock Island with my newest PC EU character, and the lag and desyncs at that time were absolutely horrible.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • FranklesConina
    Thank you.

I managed to log in on three more characters (including my highest DPS char thank goodness).

I then decided that maybe it was addons (though this would be strange as my main logged on with ALL of the addons turned on...) And lo, the characters will log in. I then just turned on the addons needed for each character. The loading screen is still long and the blue ring of death appears briefly.

But it is so inconsistent in what will log in with what add ons loaded that I cannot fathom the difference.
    EU main, NA dabbler
  • Lady_Sleepless
    Lady_Sleepless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just now trying to login for the 1st time today on my main took 3 tries. It seems to crash on the exact same point on the new login every time but the 3rd time just happens to work. I tried with no addons and with addons, so I don't think that's the problem.
  • Evilspock
    Evilspock
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have the same problem, game frequently freezes within about a second at character select. I have to force quit and restart.
    🖖 @EvilSpock |PC/NA| ✦ Guildmaster: Vulcan Commandos |AD| ✦ https://youtube.com/@vulcan_commando
  • FranklesConina
    I seem to have broken the curse, there was one add on that seemed to be more of an issue, so I disabled that. I do now have access to all characters.
    EU main, NA dabbler
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are closing this thread since the OP issue is now resolved. If you have issues loading a character you may need to disable add-ons.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.