The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[Keen Eye: Dig Sites] Bugged or just disappointing?

Transairion
Transairion
✭✭✭✭✭
This passive is supposed to make dig sites easier to see within 20/30m (Rank I/Rank II) but in my experience it is almost never useful, as you often see the golden glowing ground long before the passive activates: so much so it feels like it's actually broken and not working properly. I've never really benefited unless I'm already right next to the dig site and haven't spun the camera the right direction.

Have a look at my max rank (Rank II, 30m range) experience below, forgive the portrait screenshots as it's for a sense of distance/scale in the game world.

Noticing the dig site from quite a distance
Distance-1.png

Advancing until Keen Eye for crafting nodes activates behind the dig site
Distance-2.png

Closing the gap until Keen Eye for the dig site activates, the crafting node was eaten by Mysterious Cliff Person
Distance-3.png

For me it activates far too late to actually be on any real use finding the dig site, as the golden sparkles have an incredible range as is and I almost always see them before Keen Eye activates. This makes the passive feel very pointless, a hard contrast to Keen Eye: Treasure Chests which has already revealed to me dozens of chests I'd normally run right past just behind benches or rubble (especially in dungeons).

So is it working correctly, or is it bugged and not upgrading from Rank I 20m range? If it is working as intended, can we bump it up to 45m at Rank II maybe?
Edited by Transairion on May 31, 2020 4:48PM
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would also definitely help if it wasn't such a pale blue color, since it can be easy to overlook in the day in places like where you are because it blends in so well with the snow.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!