Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MagBlade Theorycrafting Changes Thread

• JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking about using 5 bright throat and 5 crafty alfiq on my magblade for pvp is it viable 🤔

It is yes if that's the playstyle youre going for. Crafty + Necro is also a good combo if you're trying to going all out max mag.
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So has anyone come up with some interesting build ideas yet? I think the vamp skills definitlity open up for some theory crafting.

First off increased damage after leaving cloak tied with masters destro can open insane burst combos from cloak. This is not so much my playstyle but its surely gonna hurt.

Also I really like the vamp ult with the increased stat pools, which synergize well with dark cloak healing and max mag of nbs. So for a tanky vamp build I'd try to opt for high stat pools and high mag for damage, which seemed to work best for me anyways. Maybe heavy for some extra hp with trinue jewelry will push you to 40-50k hp while in vamp ult.

Also the vamp spammable syngerzies well with low crit high hp build - maybe adding pariah for extra tankyness while below 50% hp.

just some thoughts thrown in
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, I’ll go stage 4 and play with it just to try it because it’s new. I have some ideas but haven’t theorycrafted much. I haven’t been playing much these days.

I’m thinking the self heal ability from vampire (Invig drain whatever) won’t be enough self healing. It’s not good on live outside PvE, so doubt it’ll work in pvp.

That will rule out using the health cost spammable, with reduced healing this patch I think pure ranged plus speed builds will stay the way to go.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 15, 2020 11:59PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking about using 5 bright throat and 5 crafty alfiq on my magblade for pvp is it viable 🤔

Absolutely! I wreck with that settup. I like triple swift jewelry, weapon/spell damage back bar weapon and an infused disease front bar for decentish damage and minor defile.

I also run either steed or lover depending on content.

If your comfortable with your speed infused or bloodthirsty is probably best bet for jewelry.

• fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »
    So has anyone come up with some interesting build ideas yet?
    For me it's become about whether a patch still enables my playstyle. I know what I like at this stage. Opportunistic, reactive, fast, sustainy characters. Only the means of getting there varies. My nightblade fits it. Funnily enough my stam DK also fits it better than other stam classes on account of Take Flight, which I find extremely opportunistic compared to, say, the warden burst. It's due to the fact that Take Flight is both a gap closer and CC as well as hitting so hard. Stamden has more burst whereas a simple Leap / execute combo is easier to pull off and you can cast around, looking for a suitable target, much like a nightblade would.

So far so good. I love the new and improved Zaan and, yes, the greater proc chance and added pressure, if people don't get out of it, feels like an improvement to me. I have, thus far, farmed the Wild Hunt ring. If you know my builds, you'd think I had enough speed already. I was sceptical about using that ring in PvP, but I love it. Streaking, overloading sorcs have been the bane of my existence. With that ring I feel I can outmanoeuvre them better. It's early days and it's always so hard to tell whether the players you run into are as good as the ones who gave you trouble in the past, but like I said: So far, so good.

I'm not sure what build pattern will end up being best. For now I am using Caluurion destro, Skooma Smuggler resto, 3x Caluurion on jewelry / body, 4x Skooma Smuggler on body, 1x Wild Hunt and 2x Zaan. Skooma Smuggler? Overkill, right? As it turns out the ring complements it. +45% speed outside of combat. Drink your potion when entering combat: Still +45% speed from the combination. You need a back bar set for this build pattern. Instead of Skooma Smuggler, you might use Lich, Clever Alchemist, Spell Strategist...
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So has anyone come up with some interesting build ideas yet? I think the vamp skills definitlity open up for some theory crafting.
    @Jeezye
    Since i'm not gonna buy Greymoor because i don't thik ZOS deserves money from pvpers i made this build with old sets which have been changed in this new chapter: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=239449

These are the numbers that suit my playstyle and i'm really looking forward to test it.
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vietfox wrote: »
    @Jeezye
    Since i'm not gonna buy Greymoor because i don't thik ZOS deserves money from pvpers i made this build with old sets which have been changed in this new chapter: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=239449

These are the numbers that suit my playstyle and i'm really looking forward to test it.

I didn't even bother downloading yet lol.

Commet on your build, I don't really see the benefit of going cloak without speed and with high healing through malu. Amber is amazing now, especially on nightblade.

I think either go for a high burst from stealth build or going tanky with vamp ult are the ways to go. With the current state of pvp and magblade, its just probably not worth the hastle to invest time and money to figure something out..
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Jeezye

Commet on your build, I don't really see the benefit of going cloak without speed and with high healing through malu. Amber is amazing now, especially on nightblade.

I don't use cloak that much tbh and i'm usually at melee range, that's why i picked Malu..the only thing i'm missing in this build is the gap closer. I might go back to DW and Lotus fan.
    @Jeezye

With the current state of pvp and magblade, its just probably not worth the hastle to invest time and money to figure something out..

Yeah, i think i'll mostly play as magDK and magwarden in this patch, i'm having so much fun with them. Plus magDK will be good against all these people trying out the new vamp skill line.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone tried the new vampire on magblade in pvp and what do you think 🤔