The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Has this bug been reported before? Or has anyone experienced this?

steveh1221
steveh1221
Soul Shriven
so this happens randomly and usually happens on my stam characters more often. Can't heavy attack, pressing a skill will drain stam but won't fire. And I noticed bar swapping also drans stam.

https://youtu.be/u6ULvcuw6Nc
"He who smelt it, dealt it" -some argonian
  • LawLessOne
    LawLessOne
    Soul Shriven
    It would be most helpful if you told us what platform you are on?
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. These type of "bugs" happen a lot in PC, especially in Cyrodiil. Sometimes, your skills will be greyed out a negate even present. I have rolled/dodged at times and found it might work to clear up part of it. If that doesn't work... send in a ticket.
  • blendertoes
    blendertoes
    ✭✭✭
    It is the glorious sprint bug. Usually happens when you try to fire a skill while sprinting. The server thinks you are still sprinting so none of your skills work and your stamina continuously drains. Roll dodging usually fixes it for me, but if it doesn't, try toggling sprint. PC-NA.
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had it happen, PC (EU). Who knows if/when it'll get fixed, though. (Hopefully soon! was a bit frightening to encounter.)
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• steveh1221
    steveh1221
    Soul Shriven
    I'm on PS4 NA, thank you all for your replies. I think I may have seen the elusive sprint bug before, just don't remember it stealing my stam with bar swapping in the past. It makes sense that it could be it, because like I had mentioned it happens more often to my stam characters. I've tried the roll dodge to fix it. sometimes it works, but most of the time my characters hold block or do a repetitive bash animation.
    "He who smelt it, dealt it" -some argonian
  • Evo95
    Evo95
    ✭✭
    I have this bug everyday. PC EU.
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have thus just about every day on xbox EU.
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    steveh1221 wrote: »
    I'm on PS4 NA, thank you all for your replies. I think I may have seen the elusive sprint bug before, just don't remember it stealing my stam with bar swapping in the past. It makes sense that it could be it, because like I had mentioned it happens more often to my stam characters. I've tried the roll dodge to fix it. sometimes it works, but most of the time my characters hold block or do a repetitive bash animation.

It happens to magicka toons as well, I get it regularly in every play session (PS4 EU). It has been happening from time to time for a while, but lately I feel like it's gotten worse. Maybe I'm imagining things, but it seems like I'm getting it all the time now. It's extremely annoying :/

Edit: Just to mention it, I don't know if roll dodging can break you out of it as well, but what I know works is to just activate sprint again. Up until now this has - luckily - fixed it 100% of the time for me.
    Edited by CassandraGemini on May 30, 2020 12:18AM
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does anyone else see the irony in requiring a dodge roll for a stamina draining bug - lol
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA