Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Login Queue

Crown
Crown
✭✭✭✭✭
I crashed out of Cyrodiil, and trying to log back in get this:
50CcI4J.jpg
What in the <insert a whole lot of swearing here> ZOS!?

@ZOS_GinaBruno Maybe let us know that you're going to throttle logins? What the heck is going on?
Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • abreen28
    abreen28
    ✭✭
    I’m waiting too. My queue time keeps going up instead of down. I think I’m going to set it aside for a week or 2 until they figure it out. Never in my life have I played an online game with this many issues. I love the franchise, but I’m tired of all the issues.
  • Adaarye
    Adaarye
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah... the queue is stuck on stupid. I don't think its working at all. It's borked. :s
  • GeorgeYung
    GeorgeYung
    ✭✭
    On the EU server I don't have a queue time, but neither I am able to get to the character select screen :smiley:
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown wrote: »
    I crashed out of Cyrodiil, and trying to log back in get this:
    50CcI4J.jpg
    What in the <insert a whole lot of swearing here> ZOS!?

@ZOS_GinaBruno Maybe let us know that you're going to throttle logins? What the heck is going on?

Just logged in and got the same queue. I thought ZOS megaservers just created new instances when to many people were logged in?
  • krayphysh
    krayphysh
    ✭✭✭
    So F'ing stupid. I paid for all of the content and still pay you every month to play! If you want to make people wait in queue it should not be those who are filling your wallets cash, paying for your bills, ect It's all about the profit, right? You're going to loose a ton if profit if you put paying customers in queue...
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    They have to be working to create more instances. I was able to get in fine around 2 pm but now can't get in to character screen.
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Psilent They apparently improved performance in this patch, so someone in management decided to reduce the number of VMs supporting the game to save money. 20% performance improvement, remove 15% of the servers, users get 5% improvement and it saves them money. Looks like someone showed up to work high, removed 50% of the servers by mistake, combined the code base for this patch and next patch by accident, and the QA team all took medical leave so they decided to just release as-is and hope that the player base doesn't complain too much. Maybe they'll give us a free non-combat pet in the hopes that we'll forget about the biggest debacle since the lighting patch.

Update: I am very irritated at what seems like gross incompetence here, and don't intend to disparage the dev team - this is just an expression of my irritation. Not editing the original paragraph.
    Edited by Crown on May 26, 2020 11:07PM
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Been on the queue for 16 min 17 seconds for an hour.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be time to increase capacity. I'm sure someone said many years ago
  • krayphysh
    krayphysh
    ✭✭✭
    With*
  • krayphysh
    krayphysh
    ✭✭✭
    Holy sh<@&amp;#÷&×&#& ... over an hour? What do we get to compensate for this?
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    krayphysh wrote: »
    Holy sh<@&amp;#÷&×&#& ... over an hour? What do we get to compensate for this?

Nothing. The terms of service state that they can do what they want, they don't actually have to let you play the game.
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Psilent They apparently improved performance in this patch, so someone in management decided to reduce the number of VMs supporting the game to save money. 20% performance improvement, remove 15% of the servers, users get 5% improvement and it saves them money. Looks like someone showed up to work high, removed 50% of the servers by mistake, combined the code base for this patch and next patch by accident, and the QA team all took medical leave so they decided to just release as-is and hope that the player base doesn't complain too much. Maybe they'll give us a free non-combat pet in the hopes that we'll forget about the biggest debacle since the lighting patch.

It just gave me a failed login and booted me from the queue. Now I am back in the queue, but the time is reduced, was 17 mins, now 5 mins.
  • krayphysh
    krayphysh
    ✭✭✭
    You'd think they would invest in more servers. This game has to be raking in pure profit...It's not like it cost anything to make a fake digital horse and charge you $50 for it.
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    krayphysh wrote: »
    You'd think they would invest in more servers. This game has to be raking in pure profit...It's not like it cost anything to make a fake digital horse and charge you $50 for it.

My queue went down to 16 minutes, up to 40 minutes, and now it's been like that for about 5.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »

It just gave me a failed login and booted me from the queue. Now I am back in the queue, but the time is reduced, was 17 mins, now 5 mins.

That time is just from random number generator.
  • Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here 21 minute queue for me :(
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
  • Gallothrix
    Gallothrix
    ✭✭
    My issue now3StKmro.jpg
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC and PS4 EP only player
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Less players logging in than in the AM and now we get queue times, also I've been at 18 minutes for 20 minutes.
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have a Perfected keyboard?
  • Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno is this for real or is it another bug? Mines at 21 mins 52 secs and is not going down for the last 5 minutes.
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
  • krayphysh
    krayphysh
    ✭✭✭
    The terms of service are worthless. They can change at any moment and often do. You are forced to accept the terms of service AFTER you've purchased the game. Imagine if you bought a house, a real house, and after your purchase was complete, you were forced to accept the same terms of service that this game constantly throws at you. Trufully and legally, you purchase an item and pay taxes on that item, you own it. The terms of service are a joke. I'm sure I can find a law that would nullify the terms due to their inconsistent nature.
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EmEm_Oh wrote: »
    Do you have a Perfected keyboard?

That was quite funny.. Anyone else have some good dev jokes to share?
  • Hoss62
    Hoss62
    Soul Shriven
    This is a joke. Complete failure, from a game platform that would be, by all standards, considered mature. Release procedures/protocols are proven, refined over time. Five years you'd consider that mature, hell, some games' life cycle is shorter than that.

I've been in a login queue of 19 minutes, 49 seconds for OVER AN HOUR.

Gina, you guys need to work on your "effective communication" and transparency, core competencies of any successful business.

Greymoor release will become known, unaffectionately, as "NO"moor release as ZoS has failed to release anything other than disappointment.

I hope the ESO community will be more forgiving than I am, as I will not be around for the next release.
  • Spartycuss
    Spartycuss
    ✭✭✭
    30 mins login queue.. I dont think I even saw this at launch.
  • VelimOrthic
    VelimOrthic
    ✭✭✭
    Has this ever happened before? I mean it's really terrible, much worse than the problem from this morning. At least we're all (too) familiar with that one.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zerging has its consequences :p
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hbillhas wrote: »

Thanks @hbillhas

@ZOS_GinaBruno Please consider adding an announcement on the forums pointing to that post so we're not all infuriatingly surprised at things like this.