The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Performance patch

iCaliban
iCaliban
✭✭✭✭✭
So. Third straight performance patch lands with worse performance. Many crashes, 5-10 min load screens. Targeting issues from last patch completely unaddressed.

Before all the "its day 1 of the patch give them time" crowd, we were told the same thing last "performance patch" and NOTHING got fixed.

Buyer beware. Zos only cares about selling crown crates at this point
  • Ruder
    Ruder
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jeeez, you are from the lucky ones that get to play at day one :dizzy:
    Edited by Ruder on May 26, 2020 9:24PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Performance has always had its ups and downs. Since Harrowstorm launched in February, it’s been truly unacceptable, both on live servers and for the entire Greymoor PTS cycle. Going on 3 months now where all end game PVE and PVP is unplayable. Nobody can reasonably be expected to have this much patience.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on May 26, 2020 10:57PM
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Going on 3 months now where all end game PVE and PVP is unplayable

Going a little overboard are we?
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No he isnt actually. Not at all. Vet trials have numerous desync issues. Adds and bosses who wont hold taunt and various other truly game breaking issues. Cyrodil is.... Yea.
  • Hitopopamus
    Hitopopamus
    Soul Shriven
    In another thread people reported an increase in FPS and overall smoothness, which I believe is the general intention for these "performance" patches, rather than server stability. Haven't had the chance to try it out myself, cause, you know... But yeah, the loading screens should be addressed asap.
  • nk125x
    nk125x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iCaliban wrote: »

No he isnt actually. Not at all. Vet trials have numerous desync issues. Adds and bosses who wont hold taunt and various other truly game breaking issues. Cyrodil is.... Yea.

It just works as intended
  • zergbase_ESO
    zergbase_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    So. Third straight performance patch lands with worse performance. Many crashes, 5-10 min load screens. Targeting issues from last patch completely unaddressed.

Before all the "its day 1 of the patch give them time" crowd, we were told the same thing last "performance patch" and NOTHING got fixed.

Took you long enough. ZoS does not do performance fixes or updates. They really just add lipstick to the pig and hope no one sees the issues really.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not at all. Have you set foot in Cyrodiil recently?

How about trials? Every experience has been: play for 5-10 mins, this is broken, load out, reset, load in, try again, another bad instance, load out, reset, load in, start trial, make it halfway through, 8 people die to a desynced mechanic, disband group, say we’ll try again another day, one player quits the game, fill open roster spot, repeat everything above 3-4 days later. FOR 3 MONTHS!
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crazy to think I miss the old lag and random load screens. I'd take that back any day over the insane input delay
    Edited by AMeanOne on May 26, 2020 9:49PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not at all. Have you set foot in Cyrodiil recently?

How about trials? Every experience has been: play for 5-10 mins, this is broken, load out, reset, load in, try again, another bad instance, load out, reset, load in, start trial, make it halfway through, 8 people die to a desynced mechanic, disband group, say we’ll try again another day, one player quits the game, fill open roster spot, repeat everything above 3-4 days later. FOR 3 MONTHS!
    That’s actually very accurate :lol:
  • Kuratius
    Kuratius
    ✭✭✭
    These aren't performance patches. It is performance patchwork.
  • GeorgeYung
    GeorgeYung
    ✭✭
    I remember 2 years ago when I made a brake from ESO due to performance reasons in Cyrodil. Ohh man... those were the good times...
  • DarkFire1984
    DarkFire1984
    ✭✭

Normally, I like to give people/companies the benefit of the doubt. ZoS hasn't simply not earned the benefit of the doubt, they have earned doubt. They have time to nerf stuff, but no time to fix the terrible performance of this game and their servers. What is the crown crate money even going to, because I don't see it making the game better.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Performance Patches actually improving Performance instead of making it worse? Heh, not in Eso!
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • ItMustBeThursday
    ItMustBeThursday
    ✭✭✭
    Over the past year the performance of this game has become deplorable.

It took me two full days to get tier1 in cyrodil on one toon because I homed him into a busy instance of cyrodil. The desyncs, the horrific lag(I have gigabit internet btw, and my Ping/FPS are always very nice), the NPCs walking across the sky...

I hit a skill 8 times and it NEVER fires (inside Cyrodil).

Now with this new patch instead of a single improvement to this god awful nightmare, I get 10 minute long loading screens?

Get out of here with this ZoS. My sub expires tonight, and I won't re-up it. What a *** joke.
  • mavfin
    mavfin
    ✭✭✭✭

Hmm. No crashes here. One (only one) loading screen that logged me out. Working better than before, imo.

Maybe if you guys stop playing on toasters...
  • ItMustBeThursday
    ItMustBeThursday
    ✭✭✭
    mavfin wrote: »

Hmm. No crashes here. One (only one) loading screen that logged me out. Working better than before, imo.

Maybe if you guys stop playing on toasters...

tHerEs No PrObLeM fOr Me So EvErYoNe ElSe MuSt bE wRoNg
    tenor.gif?itemid=13807647
    Edited by ItMustBeThursday on May 26, 2020 10:16PM
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not usually one to defend the game's performance but in my limited time today I've noticed that the actual server lag is basically nonexistent once you're actually logged in (which is an important caveat, I suppose).

Of course, I have not been to Western Skyrim (as I have not bought Greymoor for the aforementioned performance reasons...) so perhaps some of this was simply due to the paucity of players in the Rivenspire zone. That also said though, performance over the weekend was atrocious even in sparsely populated Betnikh, so to my eyes something material does seem to have changed.

Of course, if I played on EU and couldn't log in at all... well, they are perfectly justified in their anger.

But I am cautiously optimistic (not something that I anticipated saying, honestly) that after the login/logout/load issues are sorted out, that this patch might actually have delivered some of the promised improvement.
  • soniku4ikblis
    soniku4ikblis
    ✭✭✭
    How is the performance right now in Cyrodiil?

I'm waiting 17 minutes to log in.

That was 17 minutes ago.
    __._-*._._._.-*'"{Sonic Euphoric Bliss}"'*-._._._.*-_.__
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    same here
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just waiting for a mere 17 mins, so far the only thing I did was VMA and it seemed a bit strange performance. I think that RP should be working pretty good and I'm going to put on my robe and wizard hat than commence digging once this 17 minutes is up
  • Thechuckage
    Thechuckage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long load screens and desyncs are still the order of the day. Also not in greymoor because that would be a waste of money at this point.

Have to wonder if some of the people who shill are doing it pro-bono or not..
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well ... Now my FPS Drops
    Edited by Parasaurolophus on May 26, 2020 11:14PM
    PC/EU
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I logged in, saw every issue I was still having before this and since February and realized I can no longer play ESO I'm in CA w/ ping like i'm in Ausi
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • Spartycuss
    Spartycuss
    ✭✭✭
    Performance patch is great, it's actually using all my cores now! whoop whoop, noticed an increase in fps! I actually get a locked 100 fps at 3440 x 1440!
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know how they managed to make it so bad. And they want you to do vMA again in this performance?

Getting randomly killed by mobs that spawn instantly in your face @ final stage and daedroth breath (I mean "ceremonial guard") tick on you one sec, but server counts it 11-55 ticks (not even possible for that to happen, but hey, ZOS).

Other damage coming out of nowhere, even when boss and entire stage under spectral cc.

And yet, they want you to go back there to farm a weapon?

Yeah, no. I'm not about to farm anything in a buggy mess.

And now I know exactly why I like pot roast over Lamb any day.

EDIT: I should also add that the most insulting thing about it, is when you actually do win, and then 2 seconds later when all the mobs disappear a random mob appears and one shots you and it does not count it as a win at the final stage. GG ZOS , that made me quit it and I'm not returning to vMA anytime soon. It's not even disappointing at this point as it is pathetic.
    Edited by Kadoin on May 26, 2020 11:26PM
  • Stravokov
    Stravokov
    ✭✭✭✭
    ive been around since launch, and it hasn't changed because the team hasn't changed. what's worse, is you can grantee nothing will get fixed until the next DLC release. which in turn only adds more issues because for some reason ZO$ wont patch//fix issues between DLCs.
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spartycuss wrote: »
    Performance patch is great, it's actually using all my cores now! whoop whoop, noticed an increase in fps! I actually get a locked 100 fps at 3440 x 1440!

Awesome.

Now try logging in.
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we're daydreaming and acting like any of this is surprising or out of character, it's not btw, why don't we ask for the 1.2 lighting patch to get rolled back too.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spartycuss wrote: »

Thanks, that's good news for any owner of trash CPU, but great GPU (like me) :)