Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

i don't want the benekin pet but i wnt the logins rewards that come after it.

thissocalledflower
thissocalledflower
✭✭✭
what am i to do?
After careful consideration (and oh! so much deliberation) we have concluded that you circumstance sounds too much like a l2p issue for it to be just a mere coincidence.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Collect it and not use? What else would you do?
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop worrying, and just accept the login gift for what it is, then let it lie in your collections while forgetting about it.

All those things, pets, mounts, costumes... they are -unlocks- and noone forces you to actually use any of them if you don't like 'em.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I don't want any of the banekin things, but I absolutely do want whatever comes later (as it's usually AP, Telvar, or in this case gold). So yup. Just take it and ignore it.
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand what the obsession with pets is. I've somehow accumulated over 50 of them, don't use a single one, didn't pay for any of them and never would have. They are 100% fluff.
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good grief ..

Once I read it, I can't unread it ... sadly
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like a game mechanic or add-on to allow me to put all my favorite stuff in collections on page '1' in each category and move all the rest of it to a page '2' in each category, so I wouldn't have to wade thru so many items I'll never use to find the ones I want to use.

The same goes for recipes that I've leveled passed and blueprints/designs/etc for stuff I learned but have no intention of ever making.

I sell or delete tons of recipes and blueprints that I don't want because I just don't want them getting in the way when I'm looking for the one or several things I actually care about.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • thissocalledflower
    thissocalledflower
    ✭✭✭
    I would just llike the option to skip an item i dont want in my inventory from the daily rewards because now i wont take any for the rest of the month...
    After careful consideration (and oh! so much deliberation) we have concluded that you circumstance sounds too much like a l2p issue for it to be just a mere coincidence.
  • Twilanthe
    Twilanthe
    ✭✭✭
    I would just llike the option to skip an item i dont want in my inventory from the daily rewards because now i wont take any for the rest of the month...

This item wont be in your inventory. Pets are not kept in an inventory but in a limitless collection window. It wont take up any space, and you never have to actually use it.
    Lüc - Argonian Necromancer Healer
    PC-NA
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »
    I'd like a game mechanic or add-on to allow me to put all my favorite stuff in collections on page '1' in each category and move all the rest of it to a page '2' in each category, so I wouldn't have to wade thru so many items I'll never use to find the ones I want to use.

Yeah, having some way to check off Favorites among your mounts/costumes/pets/etc so that they were sorted to the top of each section would be nice.

---

But yeah - I've got bunches of pets & mounts I'll never use. But they don't take up space or harm me in any way. Skipping the rest of the month's rewards out of some OCD-like need to not have something you don't want in your Collection seems very odd.
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All you have to do is accept the item, go to inventory and Destroy the item. I know that takes so much time ( 10 sec, if that ). LOL
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • NavalOffisah
    NavalOffisah
    ✭✭✭

No one's forcing you to use it. Just let it sit in your collections. Is this really a complaint?
  • Inspiral808
    Inspiral808
    ✭✭✭
    This makes me feel sad, I love the banekin pets, my favourite type of pet. I wish they made more of them.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is it "I won't play anymore because they gave me a cathedral" again?
    Just take it and then ask support to remove it. I've heard they removed spider pets for people with arachnophobia
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some problems are great, some are made big.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twilanthe wrote: »

This item wont be in your inventory. Pets are not kept in an inventory but in a limitless collection window. It wont take up any space, and you never have to actually use it.

This "limitless collections window" is a long list that is a pain in the rear to scroll through on consoles. Just so you know. I get the OP's problem with it. They need a way to organize this interface, show/hide pets you don't want to see, or just... something. Same problem with mementos, costumes, body markings, etc. The interface is terrible.
  • Mindcr0w
    Mindcr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It seems like the real issue is how abysmal the inventory/collection sorting systems in this game are.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    oops-200x133.jpg
  • thissocalledflower
    thissocalledflower
    ✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    Is it "I won't play anymore because they gave me a cathedral" again?
    Just take it and then ask support to remove it. I've heard they removed spider pets for people with arachnophobia

See, someone whoi understand me...
  • TropicsDelight
    TropicsDelight
    ✭✭✭

You could have just said "I am frightened/have religious reservations/do not like the taste of" banekins and explained why you actually did not want it in the collections. Other than "I just dont want it!". Dozens of posts saved, less bandwidth used, possibly one more skill click successfully executed for some player somewhere in Cyrodil..
  • thissocalledflower
    thissocalledflower
    ✭✭✭

You could have just said "I am frightened/have religious reservations/do not like the taste of" banekins and explained why you actually did not want it in the collections. Other than "I just dont want it!". Dozens of posts saved, less bandwidth used, possibly one more skill click successfully executed for some player somewhere in Cyrodil..

Or i could just say i dont want them. I have no reason to justify my decision to not want them. My not wanting them is not subject to anyone else's approval last i checked as i amcapable of indpendent thoght.

B)
    Edited by thissocalledflower on May 25, 2020 6:49AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or i could just say i dont want them. I have no reason to justify my decision to not want them. My not wanting them is not subject to anyone else's approval last i checked as i amcapable of indpendent thoght.

B)

I wasn't sure "ivory tower" was is in the dictionary until I checked online:

"An ivory tower is a metaphorical place—or an atmosphere—where people are happily cut off from the rest of the world in favor of their own pursuits, usually mental and esoteric ones."

- From the Wikipedia

Edited by Taleof2Cities on May 25, 2020 7:02AM
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

B)

While your preferences definitely don't need approval or justification, it's rare that someone would do anything just because you want it so. And it has nothing to do with independence of thought.
  • TopKicks
    TopKicks
    preevious wrote: »
    Good grief ..

Once I read it, I can't unread it ... sadly

haha, this
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure a player doesn't get a loading screen in Cyrodiil every time a forum user makes a post.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decon pets zos. Decon
  • Old_Foggy
    Old_Foggy
    ✭✭✭✭
    The mind boggles. :/
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm pretty sure a player doesn't get a loading screen in Cyrodiil every time a forum user makes a post.

And I'm pretty sure it was a joke.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    what am i to do?

How about this: you collect it and dont use it? If the banekin bothers you that much for religious/personal reasons maybe don't play ESO?

Especially during the year where the chapter is super dark and gothic? I don't understand you people. There's nothing you can do, guess you won't be playing for the rest of the month since logging in and just letting it sit in your collection is apparently too much for you, huh?
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ri_Khan wrote: »
    I don't understand what the obsession with pets is. I've somehow accumulated over 50 of them, don't use a single one, didn't pay for any of them and never would have. They are 100% fluff.

Life is largely fluff, might as well learn to enjoy some of it.
  • indigorune
    indigorune
    ✭✭✭

The same goes for recipes that I've leveled passed and blueprints/designs/etc for stuff I learned but have no intention of ever making.

I sell or delete tons of recipes and blueprints that I don't want because I just don't want them getting in the way when I'm looking for the one or several things I actually care about.

Yes! We need a way to favorite collectibles. Also a search functionality would be top notch..
    PC-NA | EP
    PvE main --> K'hira - Khajiiti stamblade
    Trade Guild: Free Marketers