Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Upcoming Patch Highlights & In-Progress Updates

• patrikblb16_ESO
    patrikblb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Veteran ranks is so utterly boring, mobs are too hard and they barely give any exp. Simply upping the exp gain would not be enough, they need to be reduced in difficulty, it's really boring to play a game where you always feel week in my opinion.
    I dont understand how you could just listen to the few closed beta testers you had wich probably consisted of hardcore players that havent been burned out from grinding before. You hired the wrong people to test this and now you have to spend time and money to fix this, and it needs to happen soon. The second my 30 days are gone and this still goes on is the day I stop paying you.
  • Mathias.vikenb16_ESO
    Nothing on Graveyard of Ships? It has been bugged for almost a week now.

Problems like this and getting Quests in the wrong order is really annoying.
  • TheBloodartist
    "Long Loading Times/Social Lag – Some people have been experiencing long loading times, guild chat lag, and other social systems lag, especially during peak times. We are aware of this and are actively investigating it. As soon as we have a fix, we will push it live."

Well ever since the april 15th patch, a new gamebreaking phenomenon has started happening to me. Roughly every third time I enter/exit dungeon/indoor mission or use a wayshrine, the game gets stuck on infinite loading screen(the logo will still keep rotating). This is not just "lag", the game will just never load. Normal loading time for me has been few seconds. Just prior to writing this I had it happen and decided to clock a bit of proof in case someone would say "it is just lag". I let the game remain in loading time while I was watching snooker WC from eurosport. It remained in loading screen for 15+ minutes until I decided to shut the game from windows resource management.

IN ADDITION: If I close the game in whatever way, I cannot restart the game without restarting the whole computer or the game gets infinitely stuck in startup prior to the animated zenimax/bethesda logos. Closing and restarting game launcher does nothing to solve this. These two issues have nothing to do with peak times btw. Same is happening to other people in my guild.

This latest issue made the game bordering on unplayable for me, so unless these major problems are getting fixed, I see no reason to continue subbing after the first free month, for a while at least.
    Edited by TheBloodartist on April 19, 2014 4:05PM
    "Everything you can imagine is real."
    - Pablo Picasso
  • Shta
    Shta

Public Dungeon & Delve Boss Monsters – Also based on feedback, we will be placing a timer on how often you can get loot from public dungeon and delve boss monsters. This timer is shared across all boss monsters in public dungeons and delves. This will not impact loot timers for quest-specific monsters or overworld group bosses. Watch the patch notes for news on when this change will go live.

Bad move.

If it's your solution again bots, it will just move the prblem and not solve it.

I like to drop the blue item of a boss so i often try to kill it a few times to get it, now will just go on. Where is the pleasure of getting a loot to stuff you well if it's only based on a one time lucky/unlucky roll...

Very bad move.

My solution:
    Make a choice possible at the dungeons entrance to be public or solo/group.

• Cusppa
    Cusppa
    Soul Shriven
    It' s very annoying to be in maintenance during the weekend.
    I hope that my game time will be increased for an amount equal the extraordinary maintenance periods. I think that this is a good way to ask for sorry to us that we are paying and we can' t play.
  • plaxy186
    plaxy186
    shta wrote:
    Bad move.

If it's your solution again bots, it will just move the prblem and not solve it.

I like to drop the blue item of a boss so i often try to kill it a few times to get it, now will just go on. Where is the pleasure of getting a loot to stuff you well if it's only based on a one time lucky/unlucky roll...

Very bad move.

If they do it right it won't be a bad move my bet is not just a timer that starts after the first kill but will reset every-time the boss is killed by that char. Meaning people who go through it once get Loot, hopefully they raise the blue drop rate with this change to compensate legit players.

People who sit there and afk kill it will get absolutely nothing over there entire time doing that as the no loot timer will continually reset. Forcing em to wait out the time to kill again which lets other players come through and kill it.

So peeps instead of being greedy to get your near useless level 8 blue item how bout go do what the developers intended and explore the world, become a legend and or fight for your faction. If that is not your intention and you'd rather be a bot killing a boss for 100+ hrs for loot I think your playing the wrong game. there are plenty of free2play Korean mmo's that will give you that experiance.
  • Inzababa
    Inzababa
    ✭✭✭
    awesome, thanks a lot, good work.

What about the pvp? :)
    Resistance is FUtilez
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value.

Resistance is FUtilez
  • Inzababa
    Inzababa
    ✭✭✭
    double post sorry
    Edited by Inzababa on April 19, 2014 10:20PM
    Resistance is FUtilez
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value.

Resistance is FUtilez
  • david4pdx_ESO
    david4pdx_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    This is all that is being worked on? Seriously? What about the launcher errors? I just bought the game and I can't even get in to play any of the patches described above. I bet there are tons of issues to fix, but if I can't even get into the game, then what's the point? Fix the launcher. I know I am not the only person having issues.
  • Atreidus
    Atreidus
    ✭✭✭
    You didnt fixed an ... sorry.
  • darknesseternalnight
    I think the boss loot timer fixing is a bad attempt to band aid a situation in public dungeons. Its easier to implement the bosses to be stronger with players present than to gimp them with lock timers.

I dont want to loot a dungeon boss than wait awhile to do another loot chance elsewhere in said dungeon. Least with money i invested in pc and upcoming console release on this game I'd expect a better strategy to least not let multibox gold farmers get away with this its easier make enemies stronger
    scale with player load

Or make public dungeons group up to kill boss in a party boss room that can only respawn after a reset like a few times then lock that dungeon boss for 45 mins or so. my point is theres so many ways to do this.

dimishing loot returns is crippling the idea of getting a drop i know originality is great and this game shows but idea wise there is far superior ways to gimp farmers from bosses. Strengthening them to be tackled bigger health pools make them worth the effort not 3 hits and they die from a templars aoe or mages bolt.

Or if anything checkout your public zone channels,watch the spam fests go into places look at the bosses in dungeons have a dev walk into starting dungeons in auridon see what is going on instead of reading reports.

the most fascinating is gold sellers trying to be dev updates to sell gold in peoples mail in game.

somehow you guys will figuire it out but dont gimp your loot system and cause mess up like a mmo did that will not be mentioned
  • cliveklgb14_ESO
    cliveklgb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm curious what the mechanic will end up being. I realize something needs to be done, but also note the public dungeon bosses are a popular means of grinding reagents and such.

If the timer on public dungeon is progressive, that would at least discourage long term farming, while still allowing people to grind for a particular item they are seeking since they don't drop every time, or mats.

But if you kill the boss and loot once and get the item and are locked out 15 minutes. That seems a bit excessive. As I sometimes save dungeons and go from each one one in far less time. Or as one character is dual wield, I want to get two of an item if it is a Dual wield weapon, so it would penalize DW players.

(note yes DW would be penalized. DW specs are balanced to 2h, on having 2 weapons. 2h players can get what they need one run if the item drops, DW players cannot)
    Edited by cliveklgb14_ESO on April 19, 2014 11:58PM
  • patrikblb16_ESO
    patrikblb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Loading times, WTF???
    Seriously???
    Game is optimized enough to run with a 32-bit executable only, really???

Seriously, give us a 64-bit client already!
    Wildstar comes with a 64-bit thankfully, wich will come first, ESO 64-bit or Wildstar?
  • Singular
    Singular
    ✭✭✭✭
    mlecho74 wrote: »
    Changed the functionality of auto-stacking in guild banks. You will now have to stack items in your inventory before placing them in the guild bank.

I'm curious what the point of this is? I now have to withdraw an item from my bank slot, make sure it stacks in my inventory, and then put it back in my bank. This is now a 3 step process, instead of a 1 step process. Is there some good reason? Or are you just trying to get me to run out of banks slots sooner?

It stops the exploits.
    War, give me war, give me war.
  • Singular
    Singular
    ✭✭✭✭
    Divayith wrote: »
    Just wanted to say to the ZOS team, Ive been playing pretty much all day today and yesterday, and have not gotten a single gold seller guild invite, or in-game mail. Even if it only lasts a few days I have got to say thank you and good job.

Totally! I just now realized that - well done ZOS!

(now fix dungeon xp)
  • Renuvasb14_ESO
    Can't wait for WildStar to come out! The state of affairs here are becoming embarrassing. Just in regards to Dungeons and how little of a reward they really are is rather baffling. I really want to like this game, and I've put in great effort, but I don't think I can hold for too much longer. Great work on the bannings that were warranted, but please consider in trying to remedy the state of the game for those whom are here as your next step. Preferrably before the first 30 days are up if you want to keep customers. =p
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they plan on making the blue item drop from those public dungeon bosses 100% then ok to the loot timer... I kill the boss until that drops and then leave. Killing a boss right now and it does not want to drop it for me. Public dungeons are just going to both become frustrating and die if a loot timer is added without adjusting the special item drop rate...

AND so the devs know, veteran rank public dungeons aren't nearly as packed as the ones before. If you want to fight botters in the early game, make sure you do it in a way that doesnt screw over the normal player please.
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on April 20, 2014 1:34PM
  • Northman
    Northman
    ✭✭
    Nice to see a way to reduce the public boss botting. Looking forward to the reduced lag in chat and loading screen loading.
  • rusila22
    rusila22
    ✭✭✭
    I repeat again like i said i for veteran dungeons :

The area for veteran is really too hard for example i'm a vampire(+50%to fire damage taken)(Veteran 5 2500HP,i have a really good regen mana/stamina).

But here is my problem mobs in pack are deals too high damage in open world.

It's really hard to defeat a pack with healer tank(knockback and stun), assassin when then throw their knife it deals a great damage(25-30percent) never saw that before...and imagine when there's a pyromancer in their group, jzuz i cry and throw away my keyboard.
    Rusila CP :600
    Title : Monster Hunter
    Currently : Beta Tester in Morrowind
  • Singular
    Singular
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Long Loading Times/Social Lag – Some people have been experiencing long loading times, guild chat lag, and other social systems lag, especially during peak times. We are aware of this and are actively investigating it. As soon as we have a fix, we will push it live."

Well ever since the april 15th patch, a new gamebreaking phenomenon has started happening to me. Roughly every third time I enter/exit dungeon/indoor mission or use a wayshrine, the game gets stuck on infinite loading screen(the logo will still keep rotating). This is not just "lag", the game will just never load. Normal loading time for me has been few seconds. Just prior to writing this I had it happen and decided to clock a bit of proof in case someone would say "it is just lag". I let the game remain in loading time while I was watching snooker WC from eurosport. It remained in loading screen for 15+ minutes until I decided to shut the game from windows resource management.

IN ADDITION: If I close the game in whatever way, I cannot restart the game without restarting the whole computer or the game gets infinitely stuck in startup prior to the animated zenimax/bethesda logos. Closing and restarting game launcher does nothing to solve this. These two issues have nothing to do with peak times btw. Same is happening to other people in my guild.

This latest issue made the game bordering on unplayable for me, so unless these major problems are getting fixed, I see no reason to continue subbing after the first free month, for a while at least.

Wow, ok. I have your problem, but I don't have to restart my computer, just the client.

I typically close the loader after the game launches, with character. Then I can play for quite a few load screens, but it inevitably stops as you describe - infinite loading screen. I give up after around 5-10 minutes (sometimes I just leave to do other stuff and come back to find it still loading) then kill the program, re-open the launcher and load the same character.

It always puts me right before the place I was trying to enter.
  • Larin_Softtail
    Larin_Softtail
    Soul Shriven
    So here I am trying to play ESO, I played in the last Beta which I thought was pretty cool. But before that I went ahead and purchased the Imperial Explorers Ed. for a whopping 80 bucks, got to play in the early release which was okay. It has almost been a month now and I am still experiencing bad lag, massive screen loading times ( I.E. trying to load into The Harborage ) and just plain goofy glitches like weapons disappearing during fights and what not.

Now I don't want to strat cussing here but I gotta say the game play is becoming less and less desirable that I just may go back to playing World or Warcrap only becuase THE GAME IS FREAKIN STABLE AT LEAST!!!!
  • vundutta
    vundutta
    Soul Shriven
    So here I am trying to play ESO, I played in the last Beta which I thought was pretty cool. But before that I went ahead and purchased the Imperial Explorers Ed. for a whopping 80 bucks, got to play in the early release which was okay. It has almost been a month now and I am still experiencing bad lag, massive screen loading times ( I.E. trying to load into The Harborage ) and just plain goofy glitches like weapons disappearing during fights and what not.

Now I don't want to strat cussing here but I gotta say the game play is becoming less and less desirable that I just may go back to playing World or Warcrap only becuase THE GAME IS FREAKIN STABLE AT LEAST!!!!

And your argument is flawed. You are comparing a game that had a run time since 2005 to one that has a runtime of less than a month? I would say that before you start spouting your consumer nonsense, you will know what you are talking about.

I have some minor issues like getting stuck on loading screens, i just count to ten and continue with my life inside a life. The build is stable but, yes it is by no where near perfection. But then again these games are not meant to be played in 24 hours. They are meant to last 8 years like the game you hold so high in regards.

These are my 2 cents, please feel free to correct me and or fill in on this comment.
  • GunemCleric
    GunemCleric
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS i want to thank you DESTROYING the fun i WAS having until the "open the library gate". I know it can be done, i gave up after an hour.

I am so very disappointed and so very angry. Side quests bugged, happens; main mission a little iffy, ok fine, made it through the hollowed city via abandon/accept. But making it nearly impossible, because it is bugged ... i lost count after dying 50 times... And requiring a trick (read glitch, which you supposedly do not allow) to complete.

Again thank you for completely removing every shred of fun i was having. Please fix this as soon as possible
    Gunerm Cleric ~ Dragon Knight, Tank ~ vr14
    Cruleg Nimec ~ Dragon Knight, DPS ~ vr14
    Gunem Cleric ~ Templar, Heals ~ vr3
    Cleric Gunem ~ Sorcerer, TBD ~ vr1
    Daggerfall Covenant (only) ~ NA
    Guts n Glory & Guts n Glory EOC ~ Guildmaster ~ GnG ~ MMO Dark Guild
    Daggerfall Cosa Nostra ~ Founder ~ DCN ~ DC guild leaders only (no cross faction PvP guilds)
  • jedensuscg
    Everyone bitching about the public dungeon changes either have zero clue how the game works, or are don't want the change for reasons other than what they are saying.

First, the blue at the end of a public dungeon is a marginal upgrade for most people. It is not designed to be a "must have" upgrade to proceed.

In reality these people don't give a crap about the item, they just want to be able to farm the blue crafting ingredients. That is ALL they care about. I have never seen in any MMO people farm for so long to get an item they will replace in two levels...two levels that you can get in a few hours at that. No, they just want to farm the blue items so they can deconstruct them.

What they do no realize, in their selfish greed, is that when everyone does this it destroys what little economy we have.

Zenimax PLEASE do not listen to the greed and do what is RIGHT for the game as a whole.

And you know what

WHO *** CARES if you are not guaranteed your blue items. This is not little league. Not everyone get a *** trophy just for showing up and picking their nose. The blue item is a "oh snap, I got lucky that time, awesome." Since when were MMO's about guaranteed loot? If all you care about is loot, this is NOT the game for you.
    Edited by jedensuscg on April 21, 2014 3:12AM
  • Hyperian
    Hyperian
    I have been having fun and enjoying my ESO experience! only bugs I have seen are large loading times(just close game and restart in 30 seconds) and the big Beatles that roam the desert. I would only ask for two things, 1. optional chat bubbles , and 2. make the giant snakes less scary in first person( they caused me to have a nightmare the other night). Keep up the hard work zenimax and please patch faster so these other people can enjoy the game like I have.
  • NightBladez
    The public dungeon now are go look around and find shard, do the quest you might have in there.
    Find the bots,try to get a hit in so can get credit for the kill and complete the achievment. Loot? what loot? no bother to stay and try to get any loot because it is usually crap loot and not worth the time to compete against the bots. Timer won't help that they still be there killing it and making life for the rest of us miserable. Publilc dungeons are a good idea but get rid of the botters.

Make the boss drop their uniqie item once and only once per char and let it drop nothing else if you kill it again. Nor let it give any more experience after first kill.

That should drive off the bots and still be helpful for people who has done it ans still be able to help others.
    Also possible to give more players a more enyoable fight in public dungeon then what the state is in now and will not do much with suggested timer on them.
    just pushing the bot issue aside with a timer.
    Have a ingame GM to be able to jump to all boss areas and verify botters and kick them from game, with ability to indentify them with handle name to ban them or even ban their credit card from taking a new subsription. Not sure that is legal but they are breaking the rules of the game so kick and ban them.

Edited by NightBladez on April 21, 2014 6:20AM
  • TheFoxTango
    Turelus wrote: »
    Looking good other than the Public Dungeon bosses, that's a serious hit on people's ability to grind items/money.

I think you're going to see a lot more backlash from angry players who use bosses than those complaining right now they can't get the achievements.
    While I'm not against there being something done to fix the issue this might be a little too strong a nerf over all, I hope the timers is something friendly like 5min and not a super hard one.

Disagree. The fast majority of those actively farming these bosses are bots. Agree on a 5 min timer would definitely help those that legitimately farm the ENTIRE dungeon, not just the boss.
  • MartinXKid
    MartinXKid
    ✭✭✭
    I'd first like to say that I really love this game for simply what it is and what it is dreamed to become of.
    I see it must be difficult to apply the dungeon delving we all love in the original single-players Elder Scrolls in a MMO. Dungeon delving in a open dungeon isn't the same feeling as if you were the lone hero purging a dungeon of monsters/bandits/sorcerers and such. I'm always guessing that this MMO was meant to play TES with not only friends online but to make new ones and play larger scale cooperative combat such as the (Awesome) PvP and Adventure Zones we will soon have fun playing.
    But the question remains, What about the Open Solo/Public Dungeons? They're made to be solo'ed yet you're bound to meet 10+ other players in the same cave racing to kill any targets you see, meet a group of random players camping a boss spawn and simply make this immersive questing experience go down the drain. I fall upon many quest where I immerse myself as the hero who shall save the day by going upon a quest to get inside a dungeon and slay the danger that dwells inside only to discover that a party is having already slaying every monster in the area.
    I do have to recall that this isn't a single player game and if I would of wanted it I would simply wait for TES:6 to come out but I would wish that If I were to clear a so called "solo" dungeon I would do it as the lone warrior who saves the day. I see there is a couple of solo quest-oriented dungeons that are actually phased as solo and this might actually be what I wish to see but doable with friends or at least people you actually want them with you on your quest to slay the beast within the caves. Why not have them phased as your instance and let friends join in the dungeon delving like questing in SW:ToR (flexible difficulty if possible?) or if you rather still want them open (and this idea is if that can be possible) is to have some kind limit of players on for example Softloam Cavern (1) before players join in Softloam Cavern (2) and join (3) if the first 2 are full. Kinda like having shards within shard of the Megaserver (Not talking about the skyshards)
    However Zenimax does this, it's clear that solo dungeons that aren't phased as actual solo posses a problem and breaks the fun of it and should be redone somehow. I thank everyone who has taken the time to read this long comment (I didn't intend on writing this long of a comment :open_mouth: )
    "War ..... War never changes"
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    So nothing with this lag issues and loading screens you are just aware fix it you made it during the last patch
  • Fellwitch
    Fellwitch
    ✭✭✭
    What is with the Experience? It is all over the board.

Zenimax, what is with the xp?

I went into Ondil (instanced solo dungeon crypt like area with vampire thralls), and fought lvl 8 thralls.

They gave me 37 xp a piece and were difficult to take down when I had more than one at a time.

I go into the open world, fight a lvl 5 bandit and get 57 xp.

What is the point of even being in the dungeon area?

My character was lvl 8. I just don't understand what you are doing, it does not make sense.

Thank you