Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

should Cyro-dull be wiped to make way for new playable pvp content?

angrydrew
angrydrew
✭✭✭
I dont know about every-one else but this on-going cyrodil pvp is pointless there are to be problems with nearly every aspect of the pvp experience .Personally i think players should get a time out and eso should scrap cyrodil and revamp it in a way that is thoroughly tested before they commit players to the servers.limit the population of cyrodil ask the players what they want while in the process of writing the game not after it is released.why not make it guild based combat anything has to be better than what people are TRYING to play very unsuccessfully.I dont even want to start listing problems that i think should be addressed because there's a limit on this post that's how many there are TOO many.People should comment thats how things get fixed not by making do.make cyrodil great make it new...anything is better than the patchwork mess we have at the moment which is meant to be pvp...
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is amazing and the best PvP experience in any mmo to date. The thing is it's impossible to enjoy it right now because the server issues that have plagued it for the past 5 years and have yet to be addressed.
  • Knightpanther
    Knightpanther
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is amazing and the best PvP experience in any mmo to date. The thing is it's impossible to enjoy it right now because the server issues that have plagued it for the past 5 years and have yet to be addressed.

This, there's nowt wrong with Cyrodiil it just needs better servers.

Be Safe
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Just because you find Cyrodiil dull does not make it so for everyone.

You can ask for a new PVP mode for you in addition without removing Cyrodiil. (Though you will have to overcome the population problems that plague Battlegrounds and Imperial City, the last paid PVP content.)
  • laissezfaire
    laissezfaire
    ✭✭✭
    There should be a 'king of the castle' game. Instance based like BG but where it is battle royal style. They could just use the two current castle templates to start.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    angrydrew wrote: »
    Personally i think players should get a time out and eso should scrap cyrodil and revamp it in a way that is thoroughly tested before they commit players to the servers.
    Aint noone got the budget for dat!
    Also, they will never ever remove something as big and important as cyrodil... IF anything then...
    You can ask for a new PVP mode for you in addition without removing Cyrodiil.
    ...that.

I myself find cyrodil still fun, tho I can also see that PvPlayers would really like to have something new as well... but who knows, maybe someday they will do a non-themed year with a standalone expansion and a PvP DLC in the fall?
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    End the three banner war. Bring the troops home. It’s time for a new map with lower population caps and different goals. Cyrodiil is old, dusty barely functional content we need something new and fresh. If Zeni can’t or won’t fix the performance issues than its time for a new map.
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on May 23, 2020 9:37PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I think it is time to turn other zones into open world PVP :) I think it will be fun if we have "seasons". For example in the summer action is in DC overland zones, in the autumn in Cyro, in the winter at EP and during spring in AD. When out of season zone functions like usual PVE zone.
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is currently being wiped to make way for new playable PVE content.

S.
  • MrDenimChicken
    MrDenimChicken
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you never played DAOC than, the game that PVP in this game is based off
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    End the three banner war...
    Sadly, that only happens in about three centuries from the ESO viewpoint in tamriels timeline.

The war in cyrodil will keep going on, sometimes heating up a bit, other times at a slow stalemate... until Talos comes and takes it all.

As for the technical side... well, yeah, they need a second server hamster for cyrodil, the old one is getting overworked... :p;)

• Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Cyrodiil is great fun when its busy and the lag/performance issues are low. For me its not the game play per-se that's boring or needs changed, though improvements can be made... Its more performance/lag that are the issue.

Went in last night, skills not firing. Pointless, left.

That said, I would welcome further pvp content. I think they could actually get far more adventurous if they wanted. A league of legends style game mode for instance, I think could work really well with ESO mechanics/combat. On a separate note I think a good horde mode would be great fun for pve, something along the lines of mass effect 3. Who knows, but Id prefer they didn't take the route of just releasing new maps, for instance, that doesn't really solve anything.
  • Digerati
    Digerati
    ✭✭✭✭

This, there's nowt wrong with Cyrodiil it just needs better servers.

Be Safe

oh boy if they could just throw money at this problem, they might have just done it.

The thing is, when ESO first came out, cyrodiil could have over a thousand players and performance wasn't terrible. Really, the only complaints were client-side, framerates going through the floor.

They kept releasing patch after patch to address various security/cheating holes and performance tanked and tanked and now we've got, what, 100 players in cyrodiil?

There needs to be some serious heavy lifting done by engineers.
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they should just merge servers lol