Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Excess Skill Points

LoneDrkWolf
LoneDrkWolf
✭✭✭
Just like it says. I have level 50 characters with excess points. What I'd like to see, since we pay to play this game, is the ability to "share" those extra points with our other characters on the same account/server. Only stipulation being that the character we share with also has to be level 50. I mean if they're as good as they claim to be, this shouldn't be too hard of a coding change. I only use the points to level what I deem necessary on each character. I have one character who has the necessary skills to survive, plus be a full fledged craftsman. Just a thought. Again I know there will always be excess, but it would be good to be able to use what WE pay for.
Edited by LoneDrkWolf on May 23, 2020 6:14PM
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would be better if we could use those skill points to unlock the other morph and freely change them whenever we want.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Antiquities skill line should eat up quite a few. But it’s also nice to have all the skill lines and al the passives unlocked plus relevant skills depending if you are stamina or magicka so you can reskill on the fly if you choose. It’s just a shame that 60% of the skills in this game probably get no use what so ever.
  • LoneDrkWolf
    LoneDrkWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Antiquities skill line should eat up quite a few. But it’s also nice to have all the skill lines and al the passives unlocked plus relevant skills depending if you are stamina or magicka so you can reskill on the fly if you choose. It’s just a shame that 60% of the skills in this game probably get no use what so ever.

True. I don't even use all the skills in the skill sets I do access. No 2h, don't use staves, only use one type of armor, don't really use soul magic since I can buy filled soul gems cheap (I save my gold. Have over 1.2 mil). Only use 1 or 2 things from Mage, fighters guilds. So alot is redundant.
  • Mindcr0w
    Mindcr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vietfox wrote: »
    It would be better if we could use those skill points to unlock the other morph and freely change them whenever we want.

This x1000
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that you can pay to win skill points in the cash shop, this will never happen. Would have been nice, though.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This.
    Absolutely.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has 3 characters who has enough skillpoints for being full crafters and also work in both pvp and pve. One is also an healer.
    Main who has done all the quests and all the dungeons has over 50 free the other don't have much free.
    Main will get the Antiquities, not sure if i bother grind it for others, depend on how it works out.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Level crafting on all your characters. The problem will go away for quite a long time!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Mindcr0w
    Mindcr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dunno man. My main has all crafting skills maxed, everything he needs for max effectiveness at his role, qol stuff like thieves guild & dark brotherhood, and is still sitting on 72 extra skill points and growing.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Send some my way for my hybrids please. I don't want to collect shards or do story quest for the 12th time.
  • ChimpyChumpy
    ChimpyChumpy
    ✭✭✭
    How can you have excess skill points? Nothing in crafting? Nothing in psijic? Only one or two weapon lines? I need 300 or so to do pvp, pve and crafting. I guess if they are all grand warlords and all did Caldwell's gold and silver that might be a different story. I have a character with 375 skill points and I don't have enough.
  • LoneDrkWolf
    LoneDrkWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Level crafting on all your characters. The problem will go away for quite a long time!

Sorry, but your wrong. First off if you get all the skyshards, that is 127 skill points. Plus skill points for completing main quest in each area. And various quests other than main gives a skill point once in a while. So you'll have more skill points left over even if you max everything out.
    Edited by LoneDrkWolf on May 24, 2020 2:13AM
  • LoneDrkWolf
    LoneDrkWolf
    ✭✭✭
    How can you have excess skill points? Nothing in crafting? Nothing in psijic? Only one or two weapon lines? I need 300 or so to do pvp, pve and crafting. I guess if they are all grand warlords and all did Caldwell's gold and silver that might be a different story. I have a character with 375 skill points and I don't have enough.

maxed out crafting (all of them). Only have the essentials i need for fighters, mages, thieves, dark brotherhood and psijic. You don't need every button for every skill. If you do that you're just wasting them. I only PVE, so I will always have extra.
  • Sange13
    Sange13
    ✭✭✭
    I have like 300 skill points on my main and still need more. If you have excess, it's because you're not putting everything you can into optimization.
    IGN: Sange-13
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Make this happen zos. I'll buy 1 million crowns if this goes in
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sorry, but your wrong. First off if you get all the skyshards, that is 127 skill points. Plus skill points for completing main quest in each area. And various quests other than main gives a skill point once in a while. So you'll have more skill points left over even if you max everything out.

Only if you just have a single character.

I have about 22 now and I have plenty more SkyShards to earn to get crafting up on all of them.

Only my single "main" has more SkyShards than needed.

I am not wrong IF you are doing more than the minimum.

Though I suppose I have only been playing about a year and a half (IIRC), so maybe time playing minimizes that.

Want to gift me a bunch of SkyShard store items then? (I don't think you can, but I am getting somewhat tired of the SkyShard grind myself and I have a ways to go, even with level 50 characters.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • LoneDrkWolf
    LoneDrkWolf
    ✭✭✭

Only if you just have a single character.

I have about 22 now and I have plenty more SkyShards to earn to get crafting up on all of them.

Only my single "main" has more SkyShards than needed.

I am not wrong IF you are doing more than the minimum.

Though I suppose I have only been playing about a year and a half (IIRC), so maybe time playing minimizes that.

Want to gift me a bunch of SkyShard store items then? (I don't think you can, but I am getting somewhat tired of the SkyShard grind myself and I have a ways to go, even with level 50 characters.

You say there are no excess skill points. My point is I only level what I need on each character. I don't make every character a crafter. This means I'm going to have extra SKILL points. What I'm saying is we should be able to gift skill points to our other characters once they reach level 50. my point is you're wrong about no extras. As far as skyshards I just find all of them when I get to a new area. And you get 1 skill point not for the whole main quests, but the sub-sections of each main quest. I've earned 4 just for the first 4 parts of the thieves guild main quests, and only half way through that. So excess. I mean we pay to play. If we want nice things we pay for the store. They screw up and lose connection (everytime they update) for 24 hours or more and never reimburse. So to be fair let us move excess skill points around. Not like I'm asking for free mounts or anything. We pay to play our characters we should have some right in dictating how they're run.
  • Snowgoons
    Snowgoons
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dunno anything about excess skill points but on a closely related note, so when you were using those extra points or any points:

9Vk1Zic.png?1
    Rollin' round Tamriel on that skooma wasted like a failed Grand Theft Auto mission.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Has 3 characters who has enough skillpoints for being full crafters and also work in both pvp and pve. One is also an healer.
    Main who has done all the quests and all the dungeons has over 50 free the other don't have much free.
    Main will get the Antiquities, not sure if i bother grind it for others, depend on how it works out.

@zaria

On your first character, you get a free Purple Lead for each zone to help with the leveling of the skill line. Alts only get Greens and Blues and have to farm/grind for the better leads. So, long story short, you are probably only going to want to level Antiquities on one character. My advice, use your Speed Farmer if you have the Skill Points to spare.
    Edited by Nestor on August 5, 2020 8:20PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have any of you considered that they do it this way deliberately so that no one has to get every possible skill point just to make a functional character? (Or even most of the skill points.)

Imagine if it was impossible to make a decent build until you'd finished your alliance zones and the main story, or if you had to choose between a combat build and crafting until you'd completed Cadwell's Silver & Gold. Or if PvP characters had to complete large number of PvE maps just to get enough points to have a build worth using in the game mode they actually want to play. Would that actually be better?

I think they do it this way so that everyone can get enough skill points without having to spend lots of time on content they don't care about just to get skill points. I know players will still do that, I spent ages getting all the skill points in Cyrodiil on a strictly PvE character, but it was because I wanted the achievement, not because I needed the points, which meant I could take my time with it because it wasn't holding anything else up.

I don't think it's a mistake that there's far more skill points than any build actually needs (or even 2-3 builds on the same character) and I really don't think it's something ZOS are likely to change. The OP's initial suggestion might have had some chance before they decided to sell you those points on alts instead, but I can't see them ever changing it so players who don't put points into non-essential skills also don't have tons of spare points.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this shouldn't be too hard of a coding change

You have to track where it comes from, you have to track where it goes to. You need to put this up in Databases, so its not as straight forward as you think.

Other than that your suggestion sounds like a lazy excuse. You want to have several characters which means you have to work on them, this is what you pay for.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still hoping they create a fishing skill line and overhaul the whole fishing activity so it can be something more rewarding and interesting
    Edited by volkeswagon on August 5, 2020 11:43PM
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh my word that would be the best.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mindcr0w wrote: »
    I dunno man. My main has all crafting skills maxed, everything he needs for max effectiveness at his role, qol stuff like thieves guild & dark brotherhood, and is still sitting on 72 extra skill points and growing.

The mind boggles. I have no character with a wild excess of skill points, and that includes the one who'd done Cadwell's Gold and is about 90 skyshards short of the maximum. But I also want him to have skills unlocked for all of healing, tanking and DPS, as well as crafting and Antiquities.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    before antiquities I had 30 excess skill points on my main. Down to 17 now