The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Failing to Receive Daily Rewards

MadnessCalms
MadnessCalms
✭✭
Hello there,

This month I decided to make a return to ESO, however I have been having difficulty deciding what character I want to "main" as a result I have been doing a great deal of hoping between characters, creating and deleting characters. As a result, sometimes when I have logged in, the first character I logged into, I did not want to claim the daily reward on as I was clearing out their gold, crafting mats etc before deleting them. However on three occasions this month the daily reward has "vanished" whilst logging between characters without claiming it.

To highlight what I mean exactly. In the following screenshot, when I started playing this month, all rewards except for the final three gold rewards were available. However as you can now see the final 6 rewards are all locked out. On the days this has happened the daily reward simply becomes unobtainable, telling me that I have to wait until tomorrow for my next reward despite having not claimed the one for today.

9cou11g7qjke.png

It does not seem to make any difference what characters I log into, or how many times I relog. Some days I may have relogged 3 or 4 times before claiming the reward and had no issue, however on other days I relog once and the reward vanishes. Today when the daily reward had vanished I followed the following steps.

- Logged in to a level 10 character.
- Cleared the character of crafting materials and deposited gold into the bank. Then logged out(reward still available at this point).
- Deleted the character I had cleared and logged into another.
- Began clearing out this second, level 21 character. Daily Reward was still available at this point. I need to log out to clear some items from the account bank onto another character as it is full so I log out.
- Log in to another level 25 character. Daily Reward is now no longer available, despite having not claimed it yet.
- I try exiting the game, relogging to different characters etc. Reward remains uncollectable despite not having been claimed.

Each of the three occasions follows a different pattern and as I mentioned several times I have relogged 3 or 4 times and the Daily Reward has remained there waiting to be claimed. So I am uncertain quite how to replicate this bug, but it is somewhat annoying as to a newish player like myself the daily login rewards are very useful.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All that stuff is bankable. You are doing inventory anyway, why not just claim it and put it in the bank.
  • MadnessCalms
    MadnessCalms
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply, will keep that in mind going forward! However my point was more that it's a bug to be fixed and so reported it to make the devs aware that something is broken within the system, if there is a work around or not is not solving the issue.

I would swear some of the Daily Rewards I've claimed have become Character Bound when I claimed them but I am new, so I could be mistaken.
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would swear some of the Daily Rewards I've claimed have become Character Bound when I claimed them but I am new, so I could be mistaken.

Many of the common items in the Daily Rewards are also given as rewards for reaching different leveling milestones on your characters. The items you receive from level up rewards will be bound to that character, but everything from the Daily Rewards calendar is account bound and bankable or will go straight into you Collections which is also account based. Keeping track of everything seems a bit daunting when you're starting out, but you'll have it all figured out in no time. :)

There is also a bug report option in game under the help menu that will channel your reports to the appropriate departments. I expect they are already aware of this problem as others have posted about it in the past, but if you want to you can create a bug report there as well.
  • Adriius
    Adriius
    Interesting, I'm wondering if it's related that last nite, upon logging in, I noticed the last 2 rewards for May, which have *been* available to me up until last nite, were greyed out. The Soul Gems & Potion available at the end of the month. I was greatly looking forward to the Soul Gems...not sure if this is related & perhaps should open a ticket for this? Or is there a way the rewards calendar works that I'm not understanding?
    Aisleyne wrote: »

Many of the common items in the Daily Rewards are also given as rewards for reaching different leveling milestones on your characters. The items you receive from level up rewards will be bound to that character, but everything from the Daily Rewards calendar is account bound and bankable or will go straight into you Collections which is also account based. Keeping track of everything seems a bit daunting when you're starting out, but you'll have it all figured out in no time. :)

There is also a bug report option in game under the help menu that will channel your reports to the appropriate departments. I expect they are already aware of this problem as others have posted about it in the past, but if you want to you can create a bug report there as well.

Are all of them Bankable? Asking because alot of rewards I've gotten have said "cannot be deposited in Bank" yet other stacks of the exact same item also earned from Calendar rewards could be deposited (and they were all Calendar rewards)...it's frustrating that these things are clogging up my bag inventory and I'm nowhere near ready to use them! I only have 1 Character, so there's definitely something wonky with the Calendar. I added this screenshot, hoping it could help with OP's issue. I noticed that the next Crown Calendar reward says it's available in 2 hrs & 31mins, but on the Calendar says 3 hrs-this is usually an exact match. Perhaps there's a time sync issue?

3gk4tcxovao5.png

Edited by Adriius on May 24, 2020 9:35PM
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Adriius

Items that are Character Bound cannot be placed in the Bank or storage. It can be annoying that they don't always stack, but if you bank the other ones you can be sure to use up the character bound items first. If space is a big problem for you, I would also suggest that you don't worry too much about saving most of those items. The majority are given out quite liberally for daily rewards and you'll likely always have more than you know what to do with.

With regards to your image of the calendar, the times actually are correct and synced. The image of the whole calendar is just displaying the time remaining rounded up to the nearest hour. Hovering over it, as you have done, will show the exact time.