Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why do collectors edition Greymoor customers have to wait a week to play.?

• evoprimes
    evoprimes
    ✭✭✭
    I bought the Cyro Lag Collector's edition since beta. Never was disappointed.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even prior to COVID-19 a physical game copy typically arrived a 1-2 days after the release date if you ordered it online. The reason for this is companies got in trouble in the pass when they shipped out a game early and sometimes it would arrive at the consumer house prior to the product release date. So, now physical copies are sent out the day of release.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jess Folsom just said on ESO Live! that if your physical ce will be late, customer support will work with you to make sure you get access. Details will be coming out.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Title.. having ordered the physical collectors edition, I am told that I will receive my copy around June 2.. It seems a little weird to me honestly, that we pay a lot more, and then we don't get to play on launch day

I ordered computer parts...still waiting...funny thing is when I chose the cheaper option that has nothing to do with the company, that one came faster... while the one that was "super fast company shipping 3 days" got lumped in with the rest in Queue.... 3 days went to 7.....now added a day... let me go check real quick... because if it seems I won't get the Mail in Rebate I will cancel quick!!

EDIT: WHOO HOO DEPARTURE SCAN FROM PLACE OF ORIGIN!!

it's not eso fault..
    Edited by LuxLunae on May 15, 2020 8:21PM
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, you choose physical, and physical products can be delayed especially because of all this covid 19.

Digital versions are not hindered by this, so why should digital buyers be punished?
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even prior to COVID-19 a physical game copy typically arrived a 1-2 days after the release date if you ordered it online. The reason for this is companies got in trouble in the pass when they shipped out a game early and sometimes it would arrive at the consumer house prior to the product release date. So, now physical copies are sent out the day of release.

I haven’t found that to be the case with Amazon. SOS isn’t exactly the same concern as it used to be from a content perspective with online games. In this case, console versions of the physical CE were actually intended to be in the hands of consumers well before the actual console release date, with the proviso that players can’t access the new in-game content until ZOS activates it on their end.

In my experience Amazon still makes launch-day delivery promises for Prime, outside of this pandemic. I’ve gotten almost all mine the day of, with the exception of the Summerset CE. (In that case, there was a major SNAFU with Amazon specifically, while certain other retailers were still delivering on launch day.)
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point in time with digital versions taking more and more of the market share I'm not sure why physical editions dont just come with a digital download code.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At this point in time with digital versions taking more and more of the market share I'm not sure why physical editions dont just come with a digital download code.

They do have a digital download code, but they put it in the box with the other items and receive them all together, rather than being given the code separately when the item ships.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On ESOLive they addressed these concerns today. Apparently there WILL be some sort of customer service contact for those that are getting them late.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened with Vvardenfell to me. I contacted customer support with a screenshot of my purchase. They gave me a temporary unlock that worked until I got my physical edition and could put in the code.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ordered mine from Amazon right after it was announced that it was available.
    My order page says it will be arriving May 21-25.

When you ordered it might be a factor. Later orders will go out later than others.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just to update you here:

You can contact Customer Support about your PC/Mac physical collector's edition by using these instructions.
    Staff Post
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My husband and myself have been buying physical collectors editions of all chapters available since 2014 from either Amazon or Best Buy and we've always had them delivered to us on the day of the release, not 1-2 days after the release date. Some may have had this issue in the past but we haven't. I order almost every week from Amazon and, as a Prime Member, even the two day shipping has been delayed due to COVID-19.
    Edited by Lady_Rosabella on May 19, 2020 6:38PM
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just to update you here:

You can contact Customer Support about your PC/Mac physical collector's edition by using these instructions.

Thank you! :blush:
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE!!!
    My Amazon (Germany) set the delivery date to May 29th. Now, keep in mind, this is without Prime and this is for the XBox version, funny enough.
    Edited by Lord-Otto on May 21, 2020 3:21PM
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pay more, play less....... it's the ESO way !!
  • HellzFallen1551
    Any word on the progress of the temporary grant of access it says it was updated 4 hours from this post but it still says "investigation ongoing". Are you gathering as many as possible to grant them at once or is mine just having issues?
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Color me surprised!
    Got a email today saying my CE has shipped! Huzzah!!!
    Pre purchased through Bethesda Store... So have hope!!!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • HellzFallen1551
    That's great lets hope Amazon US is lucky as well
  • HippieTheGreat
    HippieTheGreat
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker Any update on this? I submitted a ticket the same day this info was posted, and it still says waiting on agent
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker Any update on this? I submitted a ticket the same day this info was posted, and it still says waiting on agent

Mine says 'investigations ongoing'.
    Which given its the weekend is a concern as not sure if they will be back before Tues morning?
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »

Which given its the weekend is a concern as not sure if they will be back before Tues morning?

They should have prepared for this in advance not 1 week before launch truly horrible on their part especially with monday being an holiday in the states.

Still no response to ticket sent 2 days ago and still no update from Amazon Canada...

I'll wait until at least monday if still no response I'll just cancel my Physical Pre-order and maybe buy the digital collector. Funny since it's my first time trying to get a physical. I don't think I'll go for that version ever again.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Edited by Revokus on May 22, 2020 10:42PM
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • HippieTheGreat
    HippieTheGreat
    ✭✭✭

Hey at least you got that far, as far as I can tell no one has even looked at mine :)
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Revokus wrote: »

They should have prepared for this in advance not 1 week before launch truly horrible on their part especially with monday being an holiday in the states.

Still no response to ticket sent 2 days ago and still no update from Amazon Canada...

I'll wait until at least monday if still no response I'll just cancel my Physical Pre-order and maybe buy the digital collector. Funny since it's my first time trying to get a physical. I don't think I'll go for that version ever again.

They allowed physical CE buyers to do this the previous 2 times.
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well there is wait times because no updates to my ticket for 2 days so many won’t get early access in time for tuesday.

Also their customer support doesn’t seem to understand that proof of payment in full isn’t possible because Amazon only proceed to payment when they ship pre-orders.

They should know this always been that way.
    Edited by Revokus on May 23, 2020 12:43AM
  • HippieTheGreat
    HippieTheGreat
    ✭✭✭

Well there is wait times because no updates to my ticket for 2 days so many won’t get early access in time for tuesday.

Also their customer support doesn’t seem to understand that proof of payment in full isn’t possible because Amazon only proceed to payment when they ship pre-orders.

It wasn't an issue with the previous expansions. I did those through amazon, and a screenshot of the order page was accepted.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Bought Morrowind and Summerset physical CE, gave them copy of purchase invoice from Amazon, got temporary access. When package came, applied code inside, gave permanent access. If you don't apply the code inside your box by the specified date, access will be revoked.
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably because there is a PANDEMIC. [snip] Also you should be able to get the digital download from their website if you bought the version anyways.

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on May 23, 2020 10:18AM
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bought Morrowind and Summerset physical CE, gave them copy of purchase invoice from Amazon, got temporary access. When package came, applied code inside, gave permanent access. If you don't apply the code inside your box by the specified date, access will be revoked.

They don't respond to tickets it's been 2 days they are overloaded what are you not understanding ?
    Edited by Revokus on May 23, 2020 4:04AM
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably because there is a PANDEMIC. Some people are so egocentric its crazy. Also you should be able to get the digital download from their website if you bought the version anyways.

I'm talking about physical edition.. Why should I have to buy the game a second time just have access on the 26th ? Not my fault if they don't respond in a timely matter with my proof of purchase.

And I'm not the only one according to their stream chat. I work for a major telecommunication provider we have no problem assisting our customers while working from home with a Pandemic.

Also with majority of our retail store only now just reopening slowly so what's your excuse ?
    Edited by Revokus on May 23, 2020 4:15AM