Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

On Xbox EU and NA a glitch not letting you communicate, text, or send mail

xXMeowMeowXx
xXMeowMeowXx
✭✭✭✭✭
You try to send mail and you get

“You cannot communicate with other players”

This is happening to other players, friends, and even on my mule account....

@ZOS_GinaBruno
@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
@ZOS_RichLambert

This is really affecting trading and getting your items that you need. :/

Any news on when this will be fixed???

Can’t try reloading ui because there is no social text chat and it is not just me....

-> You cannot text or communicate in anyway

Does anyone have a solution to this issue?
Edited by xXMeowMeowXx on May 22, 2020 10:19PM
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This just started today with multiple people that I know....

Has anyone else experienced this?
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup, just another bug.

They need to stop producing new crap, and just have a couple of quarters of performance/bug fixes.
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    Yup, just another bug.

They need to stop producing new crap, and just have a couple of quarters of performance/bug fixes.

Yh, it is ridiculous. Have it on 6 different accounts. There is not even a reply when you send a support ticket in.
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update The only temp fix I have found is shutting the game off completely and restarting it several times. :/

I hope this helps any other player getting this bug until it is fixed
    Edited by xXMeowMeowXx on May 22, 2020 10:30PM
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I often got this bug during 6th Anniversary when I was posting a lot in either zone or guild chat with items I was giving away or selling - because I think the game flagged it as too many posts / bot protection.

S.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes very annoying clear all your storage and reboot
    Yet another smh zos...
  • LifeIsAGrave
    LifeIsAGrave
    ✭✭✭
    I've had this since logging on this morning on Xox EU. I can't pull up virtual keyboard, my wireless keyboard doesn't work, I can't even send mail. "You cannot communicate with other players" message ervery time. Worst of all I can't even do my DPS testing. I have no way to pull up my text chat.
    CHARACTER PROGRESS
    https://www.twitch.tv/lifeisagrave
    Xbox One GT: Life Is A Grave - 714,167GS /157/157 ESO XBOX Achievements
    Xbox EU: CP2485:
    S'riracha F'lah - DK DD/T/H- GMC - GO - EP (47,005 Ach. Pts./8,959Hrs)
    Coral Galedriel - Ward DD/T/H - PVP14 - 9Trait - (45,245 Ach. Pts./768Hrs)
    Tythos Andromo - Cro DD/T/H - PVP12 - 9Trait - (45,385 Ach. Pts./766Hrs)
    Divine Hammer - Temp DD/T/H PVP13 - 9Trait - (44,560 Ach. Pts./457Hrs)
    Gwydion Fidgen - Sorc -DD/T/H - PVP17 - 9Trait - (45,380 Ach. Pts./1,448Hrs)
    Astronomical Space Cat - NB DD/T/H - PVP10 - All 50s - (44,725Ach. Pts./267Hrs)
    Daily Random Normal/Transmute Farmers:
    Violet Fissure - Sorc XP/H - PVP17 - All 50s - EP (44,660 Ach. Pts./341Hrs)
    Azure Pearl - Sorc XP/H - PVP15 - All 50s - EP (44,910 Ach. Pts./530Hrs)
    Rhot'n G'orc - Cro XP/H - PVP9 - All 50's - EP (44,160 Ach. Pts./121Hrs)
    Aether Sands - Necro XP/H - PVP3 - All 50s - EP (43,940 Ach. Pts./71Hrs)
    Eridium Flux - Temp XP/H - PVP7 - All 0s - EP (44,110 Ach. Pts./81Hrs)
    No Small Feat (Tiny T.) - Ward XP/H - PVP 13 - All 50s - EP (44,335 Ach. Pts./292Hrs)
    Viridian Frost - H. Ward XP/H - PVP11 - All 50s - EP (44,620 Ach. Pts./443Hrs)
    Chorrol Radpants - DK XP/H - PVP11 - All 50s - EP (44,220 Ach. Pts./732Hrs)
    T'torielle - LVL20 - DK DD - PVP 0 - All 50s - EP (43,780 Ach. Pts./5 Hrs)
    Xbox NA: CP1239:
    S'riracha F'lah - LVL50 DK DD/T/H- All50s - PVP 2 - EP (19,665 Ach. Pts./300Hrs)
    And I Dig It - LVL50 Sorc - XP/H - PVP 14 - All50s - EP (19,345. Ach. Pts./227Hrs)
    Carpathian Ridge - LVL50 Temp - XP/H PVP 2 - No Craft - EP (18,185 Ach. Pts./63Hrs)
    Tythos Andromo - LVL 36 Cro XP/H - PVP 2 - No Craft - EP (18,065 Ach. Pts./1.5Hrs)
    Coral Galedriel - LVL48 Ward XP/H - PVP 2 - No Craft - EP (18,065 Ach. Pts./1Hr)
    Astronomical Space Cat - LVL38 NB XP/H - PVP 3 - No Craft - EP (18,065Ach. Pts./1Hr)
    PC:EU Server/ESO ID @LifeIsAGrave - CP281
    Dark Aether - Sorc - PVP3 - Craft All 50's - AD (157 Hrs)
    PSN/ESO ID @Zo177b13 - No Chars-tbd
    UPDATE: 26 Nov, 2022
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I often got this bug during 6th Anniversary when I was posting a lot in either zone or guild chat with items I was giving away or selling - because I think the game flagged it as too many posts / bot protection.

S.

No, this one has nothing to do with that.

You log in and there is no text option at all for any of your characters. It happened to multiple players yesterday in both EU and NA.

It is really bad
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The standard response for anything you report from xbox is that it's likely a Microsoft issue and to hard reset, clear save data etc. I am experiencing the same, and have been since yesterday on xbox NA.

https://beta.support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status

Service status of xbox live is OK.
    Edited by mairwen85 on May 23, 2020 12:34PM
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had this since logging on this morning on Xox EU. I can't pull up virtual keyboard, my wireless keyboard doesn't work, I can't even send mail. "You cannot communicate with other players" message ervery time. Worst of all I can't even do my DPS testing. I have no way to pull up my text chat.

Yh. Sorry you got it to @LifeIsAGrave

All I have figured out is listed in my update, since there is no way to reload ui because there is no text option at all.

Which is to completely shut the game off and start it until you have the text option.

I really wish ZOS would reply to bugs reported. To at least let us know, that they know >_>

More communication would go a long way.
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »
    The standard response for anything you report from xbox is that it's likely a Microsoft issue and to hard reset, clear save data etc. I am experiencing the same, and have been since yesterday on xbox NA.

https://beta.support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status

Service status of xbox live is OK.

@mairwen85 you would think there would be a response. Hopefully this will get sorted out soon *fingers crossed* :)

It is unbelievably frustrating and makes the game unplayable.

Yh I would accept that it was a Microsoft issue, except all my other mmo games work. :|

This is an ESO bug

Plus, I never got any response after reporting it. Neither did my friends or guildies.

Only that temp fix worked that I found...,which was turning the game off and then back on.

• Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had that yesterday. Was about to write something in a group finder chat, and realized I was missing text chat. Afterwards I logged out entirely, and logged back in. And suddenly guild chats were alive again, and I could text as usual.
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep started last night for me on Xbox EU

Did a couple of hard resets and it worked then stopped working when swapping char

• ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also notice on XBONE, that the first time I enter chat mode after logging in - it kind of freezes the UI for 15-20 seconds or so, before it brings up the keyboard interface and allows me to type.

I try to remember to “prep” the chat before I am in a group, or else I get stuck trying to say hi or ask for a specific gear drop, and by the time I can actually type, they have already started.

S.
  • Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This bug is really starting to get really annoying. I can't use any text chat at all at the moment and it is making a lot of content more difficult as I cannot explain mechanics and so forth.

I've re-loaded the game / reset my console (full power off) and it's still persisting! Annoying!
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now my second PC NA account is having problems. I use it to bounce mail, am rarely on it.

Today it's claiming "no mail". Which is not believable

What the heck??
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tried switching characters a few times..seems to be working now....
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Sargesgaming
    Sargesgaming
    ✭✭✭
    This just started today with multiple people that I know....

Has anyone else experienced this?

LMAO, welcome to ESO, been this way for almost 5 years