Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamina/Sprint Bug - No Skills Fire

HllCntryHrrcane
I know many of you must be experiencing this, but I am not finding anything on the forums. Folks in my trials guild call it the "stam bug". When you are sprinting or riding and enter combat, no skills will fire off until you roll dodge to break the cycle or you die. Often you cannot heavy or light attack either. Some animation happens but nothing hits. This is very problematic on magic characters who have no stamina when this occurs. Stamina regen also seems to bug when this happens and often results in my 810 character dying in a delve or easy dungeon when it should easily not. I happens ALL the time to me questing but no so much in trials as i rarely sprint for long periods.

Anyone else? I am sure I am not alone.
Can we please get an update on this and when it will be fixed?

Seems to have started maybe when block was changed and/or regen was changed recently.

Respectfully,
  • HllCntryHrrcane
    Sorry, forgot to say, this happens in all zones. I play PC NA. It occurs on all of my characters. The bug affects magic skills casting which is what is odd as the magic pool will be full while the stamina pool is empty or mostly empty. If you begin taking damage when this happens on a magic character you are almost assured you will die before the stamina will regenerate enough to actually be able to roll dodge. I can make my character do it almost on command so I try to avoid sprinting at all when playing solo.
    Edited by HllCntryHrrcane on May 12, 2020 6:09PM
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are not alone. It has been happening to me quite a lot. At first, I thought the 'stuck in sprint' bug was back but now I am not sure. It might be related to the 'invisible block' bug. In any case, it is problematic and needs to be fixed.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happens to everyone I know. Playing mainly mag characters I usually only notice when my skills fail to cast because I've run out of stamina. Why? Because mag skills cost stamina! Wtf? Even a heavy attack drains stamina and then it takes a while to regain enough stam to do a roll dodge.

Meanwhile... People dying cos I can't cast heals.

I know I sent in a ticket about this in February so it's been going on a while. Please can you address this bug Zos.
    Edited by Ishtarknows on May 15, 2020 6:03PM
  • EddieRavendark
    Yes, this is still happening multiple times every day for me too. Empty stam by running, blocking or roll dodging and then can't use any mag skills at all. Have to wait for stam to regen enough to roll dodge again before they work.
    Very annoying.

the fact that this post has been up for more than a week now without acknowledgement from Zos does not surprise me.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a sprinting bug. It's all down to the change in the block mechanic - I'm sure of it. It's because your character is stuck in perma block - even though you cannot see it. So when you take damage, it costs stamina. When you try to cast an ability, it acts like a bash and costs stamina. There are only two resolutions to this issue...

1) Dodge roll (if you have enough stamina left and recognize the issue quickly enough) or ...
    2) Death. Which is almost certain if you can't do number 1.

It's GAME BREAKING!!! But no-one has picked up on why it's happening yet. So many just think it's lag... it's not. It's coding.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    It's not a sprinting bug. It's all down to the change in the block mechanic - I'm sure of it. It's because your character is stuck in perma block - even though you cannot see it. So when you take damage, it costs stamina. When you try to cast an ability, it acts like a bash and costs stamina. There are only two resolutions to this issue...

1) Dodge roll (if you have enough stamina left and recognize the issue quickly enough) or ...

It's GAME BREAKING!!! But no-one has picked up on why it's happening yet. So many just think it's lag... it's not. It's coding.

I've had that happen. Thought I could do a quick #1, and it ended up being a #2. It was a terrible mess.

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure if it's block that causing it.

I get it outside of combat too.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People understand it’s a mess rn. We all posted our complaints, submitted feedback, etc.

ZOS Communication to their playerbase: No ETA
    Edited by Vaoh on May 23, 2020 5:31AM
  • BloodLegions
    BloodLegions
    ✭✭
    Yeah we get a lit on EU also most noticable in cyrodiil. But it messes up all of our skills. You cant crouch cus it drains all the stam no skills fire. Light attacks n heavy attacks look like you're seizing
    Edited by BloodLegions on May 26, 2020 5:26PM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/NA player here to say the bugs still in new chapter so its now an new feature to the game we can expect around for an long time