The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Road To Master Angler

Capelobster
Good people of Tamriel, I am starting the arduous task of becoming a master angler. Join me for the group fishing rare fish buff! Craft us some Artaeum Pickled Fish Bowls with my mats! Let's do it.
  • Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arduous is right.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Best of luck! You have a difficult journey ahead of you. :)
    Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on May 21, 2020 12:36PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck mate. I hear tis a long journey.

If you're looking to find a group then you might wanna try LFG forum and / or listing server.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    delenn35 wrote: »
    Arduous is right.

Actually, I didn't find it to be that bad. In some cases, a few fish took me a longer time than others - but I did it on four characters over about 6 months total, and it was really pretty fun (except for having to mess around in Cyrodiil - though none of them ever got killed because I picked very quiet campaigns off hours).

Annoyed me no end though that you can keep all the rare fish, but there's no place to show them off in a house....
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my experience, just observational (no data to back it):

Every day, one or two trophy fish in each zone have terribly low drop rates. When you find that you've got 19 of one green and 0 of another, put a pin in that zone and come back the next day. I'd usually get the missing fish within the first couple casts. This works well if you rotate through several zones in one day and then come back the next day to pick up the missing fish in those zones.

Good luck, OP.
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good luck! Don't give up.
  • Capelobster
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Arduous is right.

Actually, I didn't find it to be that bad. In some cases, a few fish took me a longer time than others - but I did it on four characters over about 6 months total, and it was really pretty fun (except for having to mess around in Cyrodiil - though none of them ever got killed because I picked very quiet campaigns off hours).

Annoyed me no end though that you can keep all the rare fish, but there's no place to show them off in a house....

Mounting fish would be really cool. Same with a fishing skill line, crafting rods, etc. etc. ^^
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would help to state your platform and server.

After a few hours of thieving, murdering, dungeon running, and adventuring, fishing can be quite relaxing. Put on some music or a good movie and have at it. I have 8 master anglers and I'm currently working on number 9. I enjoy fishing and I just sold 30 perfect roe so there's that, too.

Good luck! :)

Edit: If you are on PC, and haven't already, you might want to check out these addons: Destinations, Rare Fish Tracker, Votan's Fisherman, and I forget the name of the addon for cleaning fish. Hope someone else can remember that one.
    Edited by Hippie4927 on May 21, 2020 2:20PM
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Capelobster
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    It would help to state your platform and server.

After a few hours of thieving, murdering, dungeon running, and adventuring, fishing can be quite relaxing. Put on some music or a good movie and have at it. I have 8 master anglers and I'm currently working on number 9. I enjoy fishing and I just sold 30 perfect roe so there's that, too.

Good luck! :)

Edit: If you are on PC, and haven't already, you might want to check out these addons: Destinations, Rare Fish Tracker, Votan's Fisherman, and I forget the name of the addon for cleaning fish. Hope someone else can remember that one.

PC/NA. Good suggestions. I think Votan's Fillet is the one you're thinking of.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck! It's not so bad. When I did it for the second time, I fished alone and used Artaeum Pickled Fish Bowl and it only took me about two weeks.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Capelobster
    Good luck! It's not so bad. When I did it for the second time, I fished alone and used Artaeum Pickled Fish Bowl and it only took me about two weeks.

I'm wondering, with the fish bowl, and fishing in groups of 2-4 average, do you think it should take about 100 hours?
  • Capelobster
    Can anyone confirm if using Arteum Fish Bowl is the same as fishing in a group of 4 for bonus chance? I'm wondering if the best thing to do is just solo and buy fish bowls, or even to try to get the recipe myself.
  • Shanehere
    Shanehere
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone confirm if using Arteum Fish Bowl is the same as fishing in a group of 4 for bonus chance? I'm wondering if the best thing to do is just solo and buy fish bowls, or even to try to get the recipe myself.

The Artaeum Fish Bowl definitely helps, some maniac whose done Master Angler a few times tested it himself. If you're going for the title I would always have it ready and if you can get a group to join you on top of that it makes it way more efficient.
  • Capelobster
    Shanehere wrote: »

The Artaeum Fish Bowl definitely helps, some maniac whose done Master Angler a few times tested it himself. If you're going for the title I would always have it ready and if you can get a group to join you on top of that it makes it way more efficient.

Good to know. I have heard that group and Artaeum bonus either might not stack, or you get diminishing returns. Fishing solo with this food is going ok.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arduous is right.

Got it last year, watch some movie or stuff on screen two.
    Hint for Cyrodil ocean has two location with fishing spots I know about. One is on the AD side at river just south of Bloodmane keep and north of the border wall. The other less known is for the EP faction south of Nbben bridge, go to the border river and follow the coast north.
    Fishers tend to not gank each others,
    1pmEKRKh.jpg
    Note that if Bloodmane keep is under siege or taken the AD spot can get a bit dangerous.

I say coldharbor is the hardest zone as you need 12 fool water fish and this require plenty of rng, on other zones you need 3 or 4 fish from 3 or 4 water types. Some zones has few spawn of an type so here you have them as an priority and fish other spots then they are down.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • TropicsDelight
    TropicsDelight
    ✭✭✭

Yeah they should add a crafting function to build a mount the rare fish you have caught so you can hang them on a wall in a house.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good luck with your quest Capelobster.

ZOS please add mass fillet fish to the base game. o:)
  • Capelobster
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »

Ty, and I feel you on that one. I couldn't possibly imagine playing this on console anymore. I started a long time ago, but stopped and when I came back, I switched to PC :smile:
    Edited by Capelobster on May 24, 2020 11:57AM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »

A thousand times this!
  • Capelobster
    zaria wrote: »
    Arduous is right.

Hint for Cyrodil ocean has two location with fishing spots I know about. One is on the AD side at river just south of Bloodmane keep and north of the border wall. The other less known is for the EP faction south of Nbben bridge, go to the border river and follow the coast north.
    1pmEKRKh.jpg
    Note that if Bloodmane keep is under siege or taken the AD spot can get a bit dangerous.

I say coldharbor is the hardest zone as you need 12 fool water fish and this require plenty of rng, on other zones you need 3 or 4 fish from 3 or 4 water types. Some zones has few spawn of an type so here you have them as an priority and fish other spots then they are down.

Am doing Coldharbour rn. need the (green) Blue Slimefish and the (blue) Ghoulfish only. Keep catching repeats.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arduous is right.

Am doing Coldharbour rn. need the (green) Blue Slimefish and the (blue) Ghoulfish only. Keep catching repeats.
    Say coldharbor is 3 times harder than other zones, its also an pretty depressing place.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Capelobster
    Arduous is right.

Say coldharbor is 3 times harder than other zones, its also an pretty depressing place.

I finished it after not too long. Feeling lucky atm.