The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Invisible weapons

Mortac
Mortac
✭✭✭
Literally 50% of the times when I zone, my main hand weapon will become invisible until I re-equip it. I use 2H melee weapons. It doesn't seem to matter what weapon I use. I use an outfit, and if that matters or not I'm not sure.

I've been googling this issue and it seems this issue started happening around August 2018, and it's STILL around.

In this thread @ZOS_GinaBruno posted that they're aware of the issue and working on a solution. Well, that's nearly 2 YEARS ago now!

Please fix this because it's so darn annoying having to re-equip my weapon constantly.
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still seeing this frequently as well. Only seems fixable by reequipping as mentioned above.
  • Unearthly11
    Unearthly11
    ✭✭
    there is an addon for this problem.its called "Clutch",works perfectly fine,never got this again
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is an addon for this problem.its called "Clutch",works perfectly fine,never got this again

Thanks - handy until a proper fix :)
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happens when you "travel on your back bar". Basically, if you hit a load screen with your back bar equipped, your front bar weapon will appear invisible. It's a coding error again.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    This happens when you "travel on your back bar". Basically, if you hit a load screen with your back bar equipped, your front bar weapon will appear invisible. It's a coding error again.

This is what I have seen as well.

For some reason, my main character doesn’t have a problem with it now but some of my alts do.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA