The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

“Game has disconnected from server”

AuraStorm43
AuraStorm43
✭✭✭✭✭
Been having this issue on PS4 NA for several weeks, the game will randomly disconnect me from the server and tell me its my internets fault that I disconnected

It then tells me i’m already logged in, forcing me to shut the game down and reload

How can ZOS publicly say their servers are holding up well with all the issues across all platforms?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @AuraStorm43

To help with the disconnections you've started experiencing, there are a few things you can try on your end to help with your connection.

• Turn off the router for 10 minutes and restart the console.
    • Make sure there is no maintenance on the PlayStation Network.
    • Make sure the most recent system and game updates are installed.
    • If using a wireless connection, switch to a wired connection to the router.

In addition to these steps, you can also change the DNS settings on your PS4.
    1. Go to Settings.
    2. Got to Network.
    3. Select Set up internet connection.
    4. Select Wifi or Lan depending on the connection needed.
    5. Select Custom.
    6. Set the IP Address Settings to Automatic.
    7. Set the DHCP Host Name to Do Not Specify.
    8. Set the DNS Settings to Manual.
      • Primary DNS 8.8.8.8
      • Secondary DNS 8.8.4.4
    9. Set the MTU Settings to Automatic.
    10. Set the Proxy Server to None.

Please let us know if the disconnections improve after trying these steps.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • AuraStorm43
    AuraStorm43
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @AuraStorm43

To help with the disconnections you've started experiencing, there are a few things you can try on your end to help with your connection.

• Turn off the router for 10 minutes and restart the console.
    • Make sure there is no maintenance on the PlayStation Network.
    • Make sure the most recent system and game updates are installed.
    • If using a wireless connection, switch to a wired connection to the router.

In addition to these steps, you can also change the DNS settings on your PS4.
    1. Go to Settings.
    2. Got to Network.
    3. Select Set up internet connection.
    4. Select Wifi or Lan depending on the connection needed.
    5. Select Custom.
    6. Set the IP Address Settings to Automatic.
    7. Set the DHCP Host Name to Do Not Specify.
    8. Set the DNS Settings to Manual.
      • Primary DNS 8.8.8.8
      • Secondary DNS 8.8.4.4
    9. Set the MTU Settings to Automatic.
    10. Set the Proxy Server to None.

Please let us know if the disconnections improve after trying these steps.
    I’ve done all of this countless times, barring a wired connection

Still having random disconnects and getting those messages, been happening consistently over the past few weeks

This issue prevents me from finishing any 4 man content since I keep disconnecting and get kicked, it mostly happens in 4 man dungeons
  • Laws
    Laws
    I've been having a similar situation on PC. I get DC'd randomly (sometimes 5 min to 30 min) but it goes straight to the login screen and lets me log right back in but take a min or 2 once I realize I'm disconnected for anything to happen.
  • AuraStorm43
    AuraStorm43
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laws wrote: »
    I've been having a similar situation on PC. I get DC'd randomly (sometimes 5 min to 30 min) but it goes straight to the login screen and lets me log right back in but take a min or 2 once I realize I'm disconnected for anything to happen.

For my issue it won’t let me log in after i dc, the server thinks i’m still logged in

I’m on PS4 NA so we’re stuck with the worst performance on any platform
    Edited by AuraStorm43 on May 18, 2020 6:09PM
  • emeraldshado
    emeraldshado
    ✭✭✭

SO, i'm going to start 1 hop before Toronto, that would be yyz airport code, with a bell router.

be at the begining im going to presume is bell, not rogers,

Bell Internet, originally and frequently still called Sympatico, is the residential Internet service provider division of BCE Inc. As of May 3, 2012, Bell Internet had over 3 million subscribers in Ontario and Quebec, making it the largest ISP in Canada

so, when the ms number reaches 1,000 , that is 1 second in delay. Zenimax has a good bit of issues I find, however, a network based disconnect across internet infrastructure as it crosses multiple internet service providers, i find would not be their fault.

if any one of the pathes listed changes, as your traffic can be re routed by an internet service provider, the path is lost and needs to be re established. Your internet service provider can do this with metrics that the have assigned bgp, or is-is

BGP (Border Gateway Protocol) is protocol that manages how packets are routed across the internet through the exchange of routing and reachability information between edge routers. BGP directs packets between autonomous systems (AS) -- networks managed by a single enterprise or service provider

IS-IS has been called "the de facto standard for large service provider network backbones (not to be confused with the other non routing protocol "group")

IS-IS is an interior gateway protocol, designed for use within an administrative domain or network. This is in contrast to exterior gateway protocols, primarily Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), which is used for routing between autonomous systems

if your internet service provider changes any information to is-is, or bgp, you're more than likely going to get bounced, and have to wait for the "TTL", time to live, to time out as TCP still expects and gives a window for the connection to time out. which is why you're "still logged in" because it takes time for the server side to drop the connection and maintain a saved data state, as you're not howling about data loss. though there is much to howl about, I'm happy database inconsistency is not one of them.

The asterisks indicate that the target server did not respond as traceroute expected before a timeout occurred - this does not always indicate packet loss. (It can indicate that the isp has configured their device not to respond to this type of query from an unknown end user)

Also, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 are the best DNS servers you're going to get. as your isp will ocastionally pooch their dns settings more frequently than GOOGLE will.

if you are uncomfortable with google, i suggest finding the closest DNS server to you, aside from your isp.

the faster you look through the yellow pages, the faster you know what number to dial.

https://public-dns.info/

BTW, it takes 4 (X) to 5 (X) applications to the play station controller, before it lets you back into the character selection screen, and then 1 or 2 more to get your character. Thats about under 3 minutes. the insanity of it all.

xpkpna3f0mvn.png

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/netflix-reduces-video-quality-in-canada-to-lower-internet-bandwidth-use-1.4869993

TORONTO -- Netflix is lowering video quality for its subscribers in Canada as it attempts to reduce soaring demands on internet bandwidth in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The streaming giant says it introduced changes on Thursday that are designed to slash its data traffic by 25 per cent as internet service providers deal with a surge in user activity.
  • iTzPr0
    iTzPr0
    Soul Shriven
    Laws wrote: »

Same exact thing although for me can be anywhere from 5 minutes to an hr. It's been like that since last update.
  • sky073075
    sky073075
    ✭✭
    Same problems here...been playing since launch on PS4 and never had this problem until last update...i even uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it still happens every day.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    With this thread being over one year old, we've decided to close the discussion. Please feel free to start a new thread in the support forum if you still encounter disconnections while playing.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.