Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

vMA and vDSA weapons should be upgraded to their Perfected versions. Do you agree?

techprince
techprince
✭✭✭✭✭
The content is the same, people have already invested months farming it. This seems unfair to not to upgrade existing weapons.

vMA and vDSA weapons should be upgraded to their Perfected versions. Do you agree? 325 votes

Yes, weapons should upgrade automatically.
84%
ZelosJWillCHSALeoCat_ESOne.ga.kurai_ESOOakmontowls_ESOwheem_ESOSuddwrathStxBowserGedericKesstrylMopeyHatnalimoleb14_ESOValorssewallb14_ESOxaraanKayshaKalikiNirntrotterlolo_01b16_ESO 276 votes
No, weapons should not upgrade automatically.
15%
saf227_ESONyteshadevailjohn_ESOjsarthur_ESOCresFreemanMurderMostFoulnenekotanb16_ESODavadinStillianJRManronOlauronAsysManwithBeard9AsdaraSurprisedFour91HowlKimchiZer0_CooLkylewwefanlokesgard 49 votes
  • D3N7157
    D3N7157
    ✭✭✭✭
    No they should not I finally may have the motivation to revisit some of the content I thought I’d never touch again, [snip]

[Edited to remove Bait]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on May 19, 2020 6:59PM
  • blkjag
    blkjag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D3N7157 wrote: »
    No they should not I finally may have the motivation to revisit some of the content I thought I’d never touch again, [snip]

I’d rather spend my time doing other content then going back to something I’ve already grinding countless hours on.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on May 19, 2020 6:59PM
  • D3N7157
    D3N7157
    ✭✭✭✭
    blkjag wrote: »

I’d rather spend my time doing other content then going back to something I’ve already grinding countless hours on.
    Thank god zos decision on it is final then...
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on May 19, 2020 7:00PM
  • blkjag
    blkjag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blkjag wrote: »

Thank god zos decision on it is final then...

Ummmm ok. You asked a question and I gave you a reasonable answer. Enjoy your runs. Hope ya have good rng.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on May 19, 2020 7:01PM
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Because I did already BEAT the content and did already earn my weapons. I've proven that I can beat the content, it's just about wasting my time at this point. Forcing people to regrind is so incredible disrespectful towards their freetime and I really hope that this will backfire.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ideally, I'd prefer updated/upgraded items obtained from updated/upgraded content.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not lazy. I prefer to do new content, not *** I've already run 100+ times.

Games are supposed to be fun. Repeating content from 5 years ago I've already run 100 times, another 100 times, is not fun. MMOs are supposed to offer us new content with updates.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Souterain wrote: »
    Ideally, I'd prefer updated/upgraded items obtained from updated/upgraded content.

Bingo. Give us new content.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You can go run that all over again if you want. No reason to make everyone else have to do the same.
  • Growlspirit
    Growlspirit
    ✭✭
    Are they freaking kidding???? I spent forever farming two inferno staves, I’ll cancel my account before I do that again.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I did this content on vet to get these weapons to begin with, then they remove my bonus weapon damage, and now they want me to farm for this same weapon again just to get my bonus back? What kind of nonsense is that?
  • The_Nightshade
    The_Nightshade
    Soul Shriven

Because I did already BEAT the content and did already earn my weapons. I've proven that I can beat the content, it's just about wasting my time at this point. Forcing people to regrind is so incredible disrespectful towards their freetime and I really hope that this will backfire.

I totally agree with you. I don't see there's reasonable ground taking away existing hard working rewards from veteran players. just for satisfying new people's needs? This is totally unnecessary and very disrespectful.

ESO can just automatically upgrade them w/o disrespecting players effort and time.

Every single new patch requires people to regrind items over and over again? Trust me, lot of people will be eventually tired of every single patch and left from ESO.

I believe I've spent more than 1,000 USD since 2016. If I have to do the same time consuming grinding again, I'm going to save my money instead of wasting something that changes every time.

Seriously, reconsider vMA and vDSA weapon patch and very bad consequences how this will negatively affect ESO loyal players who have played for a long time.

I'm going to wait and see the next patch notes. I'll definitely request a full refund for ESO PLUS and Greymoor and get my money back in full no matter what it takes.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on May 19, 2020 7:02PM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I totally agree with you. I don't see there's reasonable ground taking away existing hard working rewards from veteran players. just for satisfying new people's needs? This is totally unnecessary and very disrespectful.

ESO can just automatically upgrade them w/o disrespecting players effort and time.

Every single new patch requires people to regrind items over and over again? Trust me, lot of people will be eventually tired of every single patch and left from ESO.

I believe I've spent more than 1,000 USD since 2016. If I have to do the same time consuming grinding again, I'm going to save my money instead of wasting something that changes every time.

Seriously, reconsider vMA and vDSA weapon patch and very bad consequences how this will negatively affect ESO loyal players who have played for a long time.

I'm going to wait and see the next patch notes. I'll definitely request a full refund for ESO PLUS and Greymoor and get my money back in full no matter what it takes.

When WoW and FFXIV want you to grind for new gear, they release new content.

When ESO wants you to grind for new gear, they make you go back to content from 2015. ZOS is trying to keep those development costs down.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Time is not free and something you never get back. Just remember that. Not everyone has all the time in the world to re-farm equipment that is essentially being reverted back to it's old state... :)
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't want to farm Lamestrom Failrena again.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck :) I'll just say I got bow on my first run, inferno staff on 3rd run, but I never saw DW dagger or axe in countless runs which I made...
    When DW became meta for one patch, I made ~30 runs during orsinum event and best what I got was mace+sword and that was the only DW drop in a long time.
    So sometimes you may get what you want in one pleasant evening.. and sometimes you won't get it after dozens of runs.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes most of us agree.

Unfortunately the head dev doesnt so get ready to farm, farm and farm again
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    techprince wrote: »
    The content is the same, people have already invested months farming it. This seems unfair to not to upgrade existing weapons.

Why should they upgrade your weapons? You farmed the weapons that you have now, not the perfected ones. And you get to keep your weapons. I dont see the problem here. They give us opportunity to get perfected ones if you really wanna farm them. But the difference is so small, so why would you want to.
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »
    techprince wrote: »

Why should they upgrade your weapons? You farmed the weapons that you have now, not the perfected ones. And you get to keep your weapons. I dont see the problem here. They give us opportunity to get perfected ones if you really wanna farm them. But the difference is so small, so why would you want to.

Except the weapons used to have bonus stats and those were taken away. So first they take away the bonus stats on weapons farmed in vet, and now they decide to return the bonus stats to those very same weapons... but basicslly nerf every would-be perfected weapon to the normal version.
    Current weapons were farmed on vet. They should remain the vet equivalent.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to see them suffer
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Stockholm syndrome is a psychological response. It occurs when hostages or abuse victims bond with their captors or abusers. This psychological connection develops over the course of the days, weeks, months, or even years of captivity or abuse.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lets look at vMA inferno staff as example. Why do you need that little bit extra spell pen on back bar? Do you really expect any noticeable dps increase from it? Lmao

I think all this complaining has more to do with jealousy or saltiness that noobs can now get the weps from normal.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »
    Lets look at vMA inferno staff as example. Why do you need that little bit extra spell pen on back bar? Do you really expect any noticeable dps increase from it? Lmao

I think all this complaining has more to do with jealousy or saltiness that noobs can now get the weps from normal.

It's not jealousy, this is because we did the content on veteran, but we will get the rewards from normal.

In my case, I did not care about the Stormproof title much, even though it looks great on my sorc. I wanted the staff. Had the staff dropped from the normal arena, I wouldn't have done the veteran one. It was very hard, I almost broke my keyboard from frustration in the first dozens attempts. Yeah, in the end it was awesome, I defeated that ugly dude, but hey, the devs should not downgrade my rewards just because they have a new strategy. This happens in mmos all the time, you get a new level cap and your uber-gear is worthless or good for skins, but the difference is that with other games, you get new content to farm your next uber-gear. Here you don't, you just have to redo a 5 year old arena, which is not cool.

And if you ask me, no, they shouldn't give such a good weapon for a normal run, because where is the effort/commitment for behind getting these weapons? People are asking for some way to counter the bad rng, a token system or something in that regard would have been better than nerfing vMA, because that's what it is, a huge vMA nerf, you can get 99.5% the same weapon on normal...
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am on the fence but leaning towards understanding why we will have to farm the weapons again. Since it is the same weapon as we currently have or any interaction of it before so I cannot justify firmly saying our current weapons should be upgraded to the new and improved addition.
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish we could acquire a currency for each run so after so many I could just pick the weapon I want ffs.
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • Env_t
    Env_t
    ✭✭✭

totally agreed
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on May 19, 2020 7:03PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zelos wrote: »
    I wish we could acquire a currency for each run so after so many I could just pick the weapon I want ffs.

Yep, I'll have no problem to run it let's say 10 times again if it will guarantee receiving what I need (once per 10 times). But fighting with ZOS RNG is really exhaustive.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cause it´s not the content i want to do - rather it´s content i´m forced to do if i minmax.

Then it´s also nothing new. I´ve already beaten everything about that content. It´s just 100% recycled ***.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on May 19, 2020 7:03PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. They were earned on veteran...

2. They once were "perfected"...
    Initially, those weapons had additional bonuses, long before perfected gear was a thing, but they were nerfed.

3. It is very dumb thing ZOS is trying to do - making people re-grind old content to get something they once had...
    It will only lead to people not doing content and grinding new gear, because.... players will know what ZOS can do. Nerfing things in your inventory, but not the ones that drop in the game world, without ANY re-compensation.

4. It is an equivalent of rising gear cap to CP 180 and not upgrading CP 160 gear players already had. Imaging ALL eso players making such a backlash. Forums would crash.

5. Disrespectful towards veteran, loyal player and time they have invested in learning the game & improving. Players who stayed since game launch, despite performance being worse & worse.

6. We know it is not a technical reason they can not do it... They are simply unwilling to...
    When ZOS changed 2 handed weapons to count as 2 pcs set, they also changed vMA & vDA weapons from enchantments to sets. If you had for example a vMA shield... guess what ? ZOS was mailing you a missing part of the set via in-game mail so you would not have to re-grind it. I think it was somewhere around Clockwork City DLC.

7. Finally - this would be "OK" if it was new content...
    Like you have for example Fungal Grotto I, and Fungal Grotto II. If they made vMA II and vDA II with different arenas & bosses ? Fine, no problem, new content. Except it is not. It is The same content, that was already done & cleared 10x times. New gear = new content.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because if they start tinkering with arena weapons again, they could and surely would break even more. It's better to have arena weapons unnoticed for now or do you want your Maelstrom Inferno end like Asylum Inferno in the decon pile? And be sure that ZoS does things like this without any hesitation.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on May 19, 2020 9:57AM