Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So this "magic" auto res in cyrodiil as an exploit isn't a valid bug report I guess?

MiserynCompany
MiserynCompany
✭✭✭
I know I'm not the one who's reported it and I'm editing bc of oversight Like mentioned below. Thanks yea I guess you're right my bad. Like its not a minimal amount in no cp, I've seen whole guilds do it on multiple occasions. So ZOS since you don't even send your little hi, we've read your message and we really do care response. Could you please look into this because a good amount of us out here really do care. Thank you!
Edited by MiserynCompany on May 18, 2020 9:54AM
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A few thoughts in no particular order:
    Posting instructions on how to use exploits publically is a big no no.
    Customer Support is overloaded right now and response times are longer.
    Bug and Feedback tickets don't get a response unless more information is required.
    A lot of people have probably reported the same thing, so ZOS won't follow up on everyone's tickets.
    Edited by Raisin on May 18, 2020 9:41AM
  • MiserynCompany
    MiserynCompany
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks! Didn't think about the whole directions thing, almost caused myself more issues there. Edited it. You're a hero.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks! Didn't think about the whole directions thing, almost caused myself more issues there. Edited it. You're a hero.

Smooth. :)

My best guess is that the response your usually get is an automated one, and right now those don't seem to go out at all. Hopefully the department handling these isn't as overloaded as other CS departments, but there is a chance that your report (and/or the others) hasn't been read by anyone yet.
  • MiserynCompany
    MiserynCompany
    ✭✭✭
    Yes and I don't report often tbh. I filed a general exploit report. No names, honestly it's a lot of ppl idc about getting them in trouble I just want ZOS to fix it lol. They usually send the automated response and if you respond they're pretty good about actually talking to you about things. It sucks everything is so backed up. They don't always fix things but the listening part somewhat appeased me 😂
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @MiserynCompany

The only "response" that I have ever received after I reported a player who was evidently using an exploit to their advantage is that, sooner or later, I seldom -- if ever -- see any character of that player in the game again.

Usually, I submit "Feedback" by entering the command /bug in the Chat UI text entry field, and select Exploit as the category. I describe what I have seen and explain why I believe the player is using an exploit. Then I submit the report with a screenshot attached, which identifies the character and its player at the location where I encountered them. (The name of the screenshot created by the game client identifies the date and time at which it was made.)

However, often it is tempting to believe that a character is a "bot", or that the player controlling a character is using an exploit, when they are not doing anything that violates the ZOS Terms of Service. They are simply using one or more features of the game in a way that most other players either do not adopt or, perhaps, do not know about.

So, usually an experienced player who knows the features of the game that affect the activity in which an exploit is used can offer a credible allegation that will be investigated. ZOS also pays more attention when more than a few players allege that one or more other players use an exploit in the same activity, whether in the same location at the same time. Also, players tend to use exploits in the context of competing with other players.

Technically, an exploit is not a bug. A bug is an unintentional error that occurred while implementing the design of a feature by writing the "source code" to create it. In contrast, using a technique or method to obtain an advantage or benefit which was not intended by the developers of the affected software ordinarily exploits an oversight or fault in the software per se. That is, the person obtains the unintended advantage or benefit by exploiting a flaw in the design of a feature, not an error in its implementation.

Edited by Shadowshire on May 20, 2020 7:05AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • MiserynCompany
    MiserynCompany
    ✭✭✭
    No I know exactly what they are doing to allow them to instant res and it's an exploit that's actually quite easy. While I have not used this exploit personally, I have confirmation from and watched others perform it to prove this was what was actually happening and it wasn't some accident. This has been exploited before in cyro and I won't go further into it. I don't want to punish people. I want ZOS to fix their mistake.