Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I'm sorry but...

ACESsiggy
ACESsiggy
✭✭✭
It's way past due to add a single trial to the group finder system. Need an easy way to introduce all players to this content.
Edited by ACESsiggy on March 17, 2020 2:23PM
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake tanks, dps wielding ice staffs, healers spamming breath of life, fake healers, no desire to communicate, no desire to do mechanics, light attack spam dps, I can probably come out with more reasons not to but this works for now.
  • ACESsiggy
    ACESsiggy
    ✭✭✭
    I don't disagree totally with your statement. But to say every troll and bad player will abuse the system I don't think will be the case.
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ACESsiggy wrote: »
    I don't disagree totally with your statement. But to say every troll and bad player will abuse the system I don't think will be the case.

Oh no I'm not even saying its always going to be trolls...
    It could be simple ignorance...
    This mmo has some difficulty in that it was inspired by a series known to have deep single player experience, freedom of development, exploration and storytelling.
    This creates a dichotomy so to speak...
    You therefor have 2 conflicting player types...
    Most of the problems you hear of group finder pugs in all likelihood steams from this core issue.
    Bringing about a group finder for trials content in which working as a team and building appropriate characters for this pretty much a requirement will only serve to exasperate the issue.
  • MonkLoHan
    MonkLoHan
    ✭✭✭
    It's way past due to add a single trial to the group finder system. Need an easy way to introduce all players to this content.

I agree. I am at just about level 900 and have yet to get into a trial. Tried via zone chat in Craglorn, joined a couple of guilds that do trials and nothing.

Problem with the guilds is that they REQUIRE so many different things (i.e., 4 diff complete healing/dps/tanking sets, 4 diff monster combos, video proof of dummy parses, etc.)in addition to paying 10k - 15k per week in dues. Crazy. Again, level 900 and still dont have much of what they require for just the NON VET trials. Although I am close with my healer though.

• svendf
    svendf
    ✭✭✭✭
    mobicera wrote: »
    Fake tanks, dps wielding ice staffs, healers spamming breath of life, fake healers, no desire to communicate, no desire to do mechanics, light attack spam dps, I can probably come out with more reasons not to but this works for now.

Very same reson I don´t do pleges with my dps - it´s over with this PUG carry thing. My healer do max two pledges pr day and no DLC,s.

So far my DPS only enter trial´s for the very reson above.

Stayiing in a dungeon for hours because somee think it´s funny to wipe time after time is not my way of fun gaming - so agreed.

To make it interesting though we can test it with one simple trial - nAA perhaps :)
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MonkLoHan wrote: »

I agree. I am at just about level 900 and have yet to get into a trial. Tried via zone chat in Craglorn, joined a couple of guilds that do trials and nothing.

Problem with the guilds is that they REQUIRE so many different things (i.e., 4 diff complete healing/dps/tanking sets, 4 diff monster combos, video proof of dummy parses, etc.)in addition to paying 10k - 15k per week in dues. Crazy. Again, level 900 and still dont have much of what they require for just the NON VET trials. Although I am close with my healer though.

Generally guilds that charge fees are trading guilds and not a guild you really should look at for trials.
    As for gear people generally don't care what you wear in normal trials at all, because they can be completed easily in basically anything.
    Now vet yes asking the support to be prepared is not unreasonable, it also shows dedication.
    As for dps parses yes for vet trials this is required for various reasons I hope you already know...

Short find a guild that runs trials not a trading guild.

Want to know how I got into my guilds..
    I ran content...
    I joined the random group finder
    I joined the shout out in zone
    Now no every run won't lead to something heck you may not even clear, but if you don't try and run you will never be seen...

Occasionally after the dlc daily you might start playing more with those people, get into guilds, do the vet trails.
    You will never be handed anything, you want trials put in some effort.

Group finder for trials is not the awnser
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why? Stand in Craglorn, Alinor, Wayrest, Mournhold or any populated area, really - if so for just 15 minutes anywhere near "prime time"; and there will be people calling out spots for trials all the time, it's also a much better way to introduce people to that content, because you won't have "fake roles", and at least a number of people will have done it before, know the mechanics and all. What tf should a "finder group" do in a trial, if they have no idea how it works? Disastrous.
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    Why? Stand in Craglorn, Alinor, Wayrest, Mournhold or any populated area, really - if so for just 15 minutes anywhere near "prime time"; and there will be people calling out spots for trials all the time, it's also a much better way to introduce people to that content, because you won't have "fake roles", and at least a number of people will have done it before, know the mechanics and all. What tf should a "finder group" do in a trial, if they have no idea how it works? Disastrous.

How is it any different now without trial finder? Ppl lfm in zone chat and someone random replies. Do you interview him lol? No. If it's just normal trial, you invite him. He maybe fake something too. Or if you ask him, he can lie. Pugs are pugs. It doesn't matter how you get them together in group. I don't see any difference. We may as well have trial finder for normals.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If it is finalyy added, use it if you want , if you don´t want, let it be for those who want to use it.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »

How is it any different now without trial finder? Ppl lfm in zone chat and someone random replies. Do you interview him lol? No. If it's just normal trial, you invite him. He maybe fake something too. Or if you ask him, he can lie. Pugs are pugs. It doesn't matter how you get them together in group. I don't see any difference. We may as well have trial finder for normals.

I do no interviews, nor do I arrange trials. But I've seen more than a few being kicked from groups, if they are obviously not what they claim to be, or don't listen or whatever - without any stupid "vote to kick" procedure. Most of the time, people refuse to kick obvious fakes even from vet DLC finder groups.
    Also, a real trial group will probably have at least a few people knowing the mechanics, in a "trial finder group" you have no such guarantee. Good luck even running Sanctum Ophidia with a a "trial finder group", having 5-6 guys exploring the place for chests, while the other half tries to do the trial. Then imagine "running for cats" in Maw of Lorkhaj, with a "finder group" with no one communicating. Just a recipe for disaster, nothing else.

All you have to do is whisper someone calling out for a group in area chat: "I'm DD. inv". It's really not harder than that.
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly don't see how this would be any different than someone spamming zone chat in Craglorn or vet DLC dungeon queues. You get bad matches all the time. It seems natural that we'd have a trial queue system.

For what it's worth, players should also be able to queue for multiple queues at once so long as they're solo as well. I often couldn't care less if I get a queue for a dungeon, battleground, or trial... I just want the damn queue to pop.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do no interviews, nor do I arrange trials. But I've seen more than a few being kicked from groups, if they are obviously not what they claim to be, or don't listen or whatever - without any stupid "vote to kick" procedure. Most of the time, people refuse to kick obvious fakes even from vet DLC finder groups.
    Also, a real trial group will probably have at least a few people knowing the mechanics, in a "trial finder group" you have no such guarantee. Good luck even running Sanctum Ophidia with a a "trial finder group", having 5-6 guys exploring the place for chests, while the other half tries to do the trial. Then imagine "running for cats" in Maw of Lorkhaj, with a "finder group" with no one communicating. Just a recipe for disaster, nothing else.

All you have to do is whisper someone calling out for a group in area chat: "I'm DD. inv". It's really not harder than that.

You get the exact same trash people spamming chat as you do with a group finder, except with the latter, you don't have to idle anywhere while you wait for enough people to answer, and you can pull interested parties from literally anywhere else in game at any time. The pros/convenience way outweigh the cons/votekick procedure.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »

You get the exact same trash people spamming chat as you do with a group finder, except with the latter, you don't have to idle anywhere while you wait for enough people to answer, and you can pull interested parties from literally anywhere else in game at any time. The pros/convenience way outweigh the cons/votekick procedure.

To my experience, this is completely wrong. Actually never ever had any kind of problem with these groups being formed from area chat. Of course "bad players", but none not playing the game as it should. I suppose there's a reason why there are no "trial group finder".
  • Taunky
    Taunky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mobicera wrote: »

Pugs will be pugs, but I would much rather not have to sit in Craglorn all day staring at zone chat when I could be out participating in something else while waiting in a queue.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that some believe that a trial finder will make it easy and simple to get quick easy groups without having to interact in zone or *shudder* join a guild or find friends. It will do exactly this... for tanks. DPS will sit in this trial queue for hours on end only to be met with fake tanks and a complete lack of communication from anyone.

They could add this feature tomorrow and I'd be all for it. I'd never use it myself but if others wanted to, they would be free to do so. I just don't think it is the easy button people seem to think it would be.
  • CyberSkooma
    CyberSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is now a guild finder. If people are interested in trials, go find a guild. Lots of them are pug signups and training guilds and so not every guild requires a commitment. I know because I run one of them. Or, you can just do like every other raid pug and go to crag.

If you want to raid, join a guild. That's it.
    Edited by CyberSkooma on May 30, 2020 6:07PM
    I play this game a little bit I guess
  • alewis478b14_ESO
    alewis478b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I would welcome trials in the group finder but just stand in Craglorn for 5 minutes and people will be begging you to join a trial.