The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Impen changes kinda just seem like another Nightblade nerf, tbh.

Langeston
Langeston
✭✭✭✭✭
Presently, in no CP, if you wear 7 impen you have 1806 crit resistance (27.36%). In the same gear on the PTS, you'll have 2554 crit resistance (38.69%) — so you'll take 11.33% less critical damage with the new changes. Guess what class was basically designed around critical damage and relies on it the most? NB of course. (Templar also has a crit damage buff, but they don't have any trouble doing damage so I doubt they're gonna miss it much.) This change basically negates the Hemorrhage passive (and then some.)

I don't know if I'm just being paranoid or whatever, but with how this combat team has treated NBs over the past year+ I have a difficult time giving them the benefit of the doubt — intentional or not, the Impen change will negatively impact NBs the most. Yay.

(This was meant to go in the PTS forum, but I posted it here by mistake. I "moved" it myself, so Mods feel free to delete this one if you like.)
Edited by Langeston on May 9, 2020 10:24PM
  • Giljabrar
    Giljabrar
    ✭✭✭✭
    This nerfs everybody's damage potentially. Every damage dealer to some extent relies on crits. Not just Nightblade.

I get your class isn't in the best spot, but this is kind of a joke.
    Options
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giljabrar wrote: »
    This nerfs everybody's damage potentially. Every damage dealer to some extent relies on crits. Not just Nightblade.

Did you even read the guys post?
    Options
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giljabrar wrote: »

No kidding. The point is that Nightblade damage is balanced around criticals differently than other classes are. They're hurt by nerfs to critical damage/chance more than other classes are, for the same reason they aren't going to benefit from The Ring of Malacath as much as other classes will.
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Illuminati confirmed!
    (ô.ô)
    All classes deal less critical damage with the changes, and all classes need critical damage to kill. If anything, it's actually advantageous for nightblades, as they still have the strongest crits, whereas other classes might simply not be able to produce the damage spikes needed to secure a kill.
    You're right about the Malacath ring, however.
    Options
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Illuminati confirmed!
    (ô.ô)
    All classes deal less critical damage with the changes, and all classes need critical damage to kill. If anything, it's actually advantageous for nightblades, as they still have the strongest crits, whereas other classes might simply not be able to produce the damage spikes needed to secure a kill.

I know all classes deal less critical damage, the point is that all classes' skills weren't balanced around doing critical damage the way NBs were.

One of the major reasons that the class is FUBAR right now is because ZOS balanced everything around the crit from cloak passive (which is garbage and I wish they'd just get rid of it).

Edited by Langeston on May 10, 2020 8:00AM
    Options
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »
    Presently, in no CP, if you wear 7 impen you have 1806 crit resistance (27.36%). In the same gear on the PTS, you'll have 2554 crit resistance (38.69%) — so you'll take 11.33% less critical damage with the new changes. Guess what class was basically designed around critical damage and relies on it the most? NB of course. (Templar also has a crit damage buff, but they don't have any trouble doing damage so I doubt they're gonna miss it much.) This change basically negates the Hemorrhage passive (and then some.)

I don't know if I'm just being paranoid or whatever, but with how this combat team has treated NBs over the past year+ I have a difficult time giving them the benefit of the doubt — intentional or not, the Impen change will negatively impact NBs the most. Yay.

(This was meant to go in the PTS forum, but I posted it here by mistake. I "moved" it myself, so Mods feel free to delete this one if you like.)

Nightbladeplayers seem to turn every change into some nightblade nerf argument... cmon man that harms everyone and no nightblades are not balanced arround critting...
    Edited by Lole on May 10, 2020 8:35AM
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Illuminati confirmed!
    (ô.ô)

I know all classes deal less critical damage, the point is that all classes' skills weren't balanced around doing critical damage the way NBs were.

One of the major reasons that the class is FUBAR right now is because ZOS balanced everything around the crit from cloak passive (which is garbage and I wish they'd just get rid of it).

I mean it like this:
    All classes need critical hits to kill. Most classes have less crit damage than NBs, but higher base damage to compensate. But they still need the burst damage from crits. With crit damage being weakened, the damage is more steady but lower, which will not kill any non-glasscannon.
    NBs have higher crits innately. While they take a hit just like the other classes, the bursty nature of their damage output still lets them deal damage spikes more easily than the rest.
    In short, it's about burst, not steady dps.
    Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone will feel it.
    That being said bloods pawn is getting deleted and it's going to take a lot more investment to get high resistances.
    I really hope they do something with malacath ring though, as it stands its going to be pretty insane for no cp, especially with impen changes.
    On the flip side nb snipers are getting an insane buff with vamp changes, shimmering frenzy looks like it was literally made to be used with titanborn.
    Options
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lole wrote: »

Nightbladeplayers seem to turn every change into some nightblade nerf argument... cmon man that harms everyone
    Um, that's probably because for the most part, the only changes to NBs over the past year or two have been nerfs.
    and no nightblades are not balanced arround critting...
    Huh? Of course they are. Nightblade skills were balanced with (among other things) the +10% crit damage from Hemorrhage and the 100% crit chance from Cloak in mind. Critting from Cloak is a big reason why the class has been gutted to the extent it has, and nerfs to crits directly impact NBs to a greater degree than any other class.
    Edited by Langeston on May 10, 2020 9:22AM
    Options
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Illuminati confirmed!
    (ô.ô)

I mean it like this:
    All classes need critical hits to kill. Most classes have less crit damage than NBs, but higher base damage to compensate. But they still need the burst damage from crits. With crit damage being weakened, the damage is more steady but lower, which will not kill any non-glasscannon.
    NBs have higher crits innately. While they take a hit just like the other classes, the bursty nature of their damage output still lets them deal damage spikes more easily than the rest.
    In short, it's about burst, not steady dps.
    I understand what you're saying, I just disagree. In fact, two sentences into your post you're basically saying the same thing I am. Just look at the inverse of it:

"Nightblades have lower base damage than most classes, but higher crit damage [and crit chance] to compensate."

That being the case, Nightblades are hurt the most by a reduction in crit damage.

Think about it like this: what's the only class that it's even possible for Khajiits to be BIS for? Answer: Nightblade. (And even then, only in builds that rely heavily on Shadowy Disguise.) The reason for this is the +10% crit damage racial passive — Nightblades using Cloak are the only class able to take advantage of it to the point where Khajiits become mathematically viable. Every other class benefits more from higher base damage.
    Edited by Langeston on May 10, 2020 10:44AM
    Options
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade was the unchallenged king of PvP for years and years, the idea that incap did what it did for 75 ult was actually a joke, combined with the long major fracture on surprise attack, cloak stopping dot damage (which it still does), thats the way the pendulum style nerf hammer of this game works, meta best in slot one patch, fighting for bottom spot the next patch (magsorc excluded), Ive learnt as a solo player, or don’t bother
    Options
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭

Nightbladeplayers seem to turn every change into some nightblade nerf argument... cmon man that harms everyone
    Um, that's probably because for the most part, the only changes to NBs over the past year or two have been nerfs.
    Huh? Of course they are. Nightblade skills were balanced with (among other things) the +10% crit damage from Hemorrhage and the 100% crit chance from Cloak in mind. Critting from Cloak is a big reason why the class has been gutted to the extent it has, and nerfs to crits directly impact NBs to a greater degree than any other class.

But the opener is just one part of their actual gameplay, ofc gankboys only use that and yes it will harm them more than others but Nightblade can also be played outside of that openerwindow. And there we are all the same and it hurts us all the same :) see it positive your 10% dmg passive counters the more Resi we have ☺️

Nightblades ofc need some love but gutting the gankpath might be the right direction if they get massive buffs for their outside kit ofc.
    I think gankblade is a huge reason why blade got rekt so hard, but instead of just trying to nerf gankblade only, they nerfed the whole class sadly
    Edited by Lole on May 10, 2020 2:52PM
    Options
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But the opener is just one part of their actual gameplay, ofc gankboys only use that and yes it will harm them more than others but Nightblade can also be played outside of that openerwindow. And there we are all the same and it hurts us all the same :) see it positive your 10% dmg passive counters the more Resi we have ☺️

Nightblades ofc need some love but gutting the gankpath might be the right direction if they get massive buffs for their outside kit ofc.
    I think gankblade is a huge reason why blade got rekt so hard, but instead of just trying to nerf gankblade only, they nerfed the whole class sadly

If you're only using Shadowy Disguise for your opener then you aren't using it to it's full potential. Good nightblades are constantly in and out of Cloak, using it for misdirection, defense, and as a buff to their offense.

Put quite simply: because Nightblades are the only class in the game that can control when they crit, they are affected by nerfs to crit damage more than any other class.
    Edited by Langeston on May 10, 2020 3:16PM
    Options
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭

If you're only using Shadowy Disguise for your opener then you aren't using it to it's full potential. Good nightblades are constantly in and out of Cloak, using it for misdirection, defense, and as a buff to their offense.

Put quite simply: because Nightblades are the only class in the game that can control when they crit, they are affected by nerfs to crit damage more than any other class.

I was actually pretty sure that the good nightblades don’t even use cloak anymore in Duells etc and go with disguise, simply cuz every half potent enemy will use a detection pot...

Do the passives even work when you are detected ?
    Options
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,

We have closed this thread as its a duplicate of another current thread of the same topic. Please refer to: https://beth.games/35U2urq
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.