Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templars PvP - Detailed Guide, Suggestions, Advice, etc. - Elsweyr

• EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next patch is going to be an awful patch for solo / small group players. That being said, I'm definately going to make a zerg surfing dark flare build again.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally doing a trans/ master / stuhns rolly polly build too.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will probably add two pieces of Potentates and put infused traits on my big armor pieces but mostly I'm sticking with my current Crafty+Julianos sets. I'll enjoy banging my head against a wall, running around solo and hoping to find a good battle, as I always have.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Hum pariah... I was thinking 5H with stuhn. How is the sustain as a stage 4?

Stuhn + shackle + 1 piece speed mythic + stat piece. Back bar potatoes or BRP DW, but I can’t decide between heavy or light.

Brp dual wield won't be viable backbar anymore, and its losing major prot anyway.
    Light all the way, even with cost reduce glyphs I wouldn't go heavy, you also lose a lot of dmg in the process.

BRP DW is getting a buff. You can hit it on your back bar and the AoE damage procs on your front bar. So for once every ~15 seconds you’ll get major evasion, plus if you’re in melee range 10% damage and damage reduction.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

BRP DW is getting a buff. You can hit it on your back bar and the AoE damage procs on your front bar. So for once every ~15 seconds you’ll get major evasion, plus if you’re in melee range 10% damage and damage reduction.

Pretty sure it doesnt work that way on pts. And Zos did not yet comment if it was intended or a bug afaik.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »

Pretty sure it doesnt work that way on pts. And Zos did not yet comment if it was intended or a bug afaik.

Yeah, the buff only lasts for 2seconds and can only proc from ur dw bar.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Patch notes today changed it to be able to proc after barswap.
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gives me a reason to break out dw sword magplar
  • MickeyBN
    MickeyBN
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a random question I’m hoping someone can answer. I’m theorycrafting a good build for my Magplar for Greymoor and currently tinkering with New Moons/Bright Throat/Grothdarr.

Any ideas whether this would be a good combo?
    Vaelerys Nightborn - Bosmer Nightblade PC NA
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »

Patch notes today changed it to be able to proc after barswap.

Imagine that, 😂.
    Yeah looks brp dw is going to pretty good on magplar now.
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MickeyBN wrote: »
    Just a random question I’m hoping someone can answer. I’m theorycrafting a good build for my Magplar for Greymoor and currently tinkering with New Moons/Bright Throat/Grothdarr.

Surely sounds like a decent build. Would you be in 5 heavy or 5 light armor pieces?
    Otherwise you considered using one of the mythic items?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I run something similar and like it. NMA plus BTB with 2 1 piece armour pieces in my monster slots.

The weaknesses are stamina sustain (fixed if you’re an Altmer) but you might find yourself a bit squishy in no-CP with no defensive set.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • MickeyBN
    MickeyBN
    ✭✭✭✭

Surely sounds like a decent build. Would you be in 5 heavy or 5 light armor pieces?

5 light.
    Vaelerys Nightborn - Bosmer Nightblade PC NA
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5 light.

Then you will be very squishy for sure.
    Investing one of your sets or the monster pieces for tankyness would solve that problem though. Sadly 2 times a 1-piece like chudan, pirate skelly or warden will not be enough anymore in greymoor. Options would be to either change grothdarr for a set that provides healing (like bogdan) or healing bonus (like malubeth). All the other defensive monstersets will be nerfed at that point of time.
    Otherwise you could swap bright-throat boast for something like buffer of the swift or pariah.
    Last option would be the mythic item of hircine, which would give you a nice speed boost maybe making up for the squishyness.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

5 light.

Then you will be very squishy for sure.
    Investing one of your sets or the monster pieces for tankyness would solve that problem though. Sadly 2 times a 1-piece like chudan, pirate skelly or warden will not be enough anymore in greymoor. Options would be to either change grothdarr for a set that provides healing (like bogdan) or healing bonus (like malubeth). All the other defensive monstersets will be nerfed at that point of time.
    Otherwise you could swap bright-throat boast for something like buffer of the swift or pariah.
    Last option would be the mythic item of hircine, which would give you a nice speed boost maybe making up for the squishyness.

I use 2x swift, the armour pieces help for when the game *** out so you have reaction time. I’m pretty sure the best defensive set will be nord after the patch.

If you aren’t a nord then I’m not sure what’s best. Buffer of the swift has bad 3-4 lines. I’m thinking of going 2 piece potatoes full time with BRP DW on my back bar.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Small group (really excited about this build, I've been really selfish for like 3 or 4 patches) Trans/ winter's respite both back barred. Masters destro front bar. 4 sturdy 3 welfitted.
  • kapachia
    kapachia
    ✭✭✭
    Hexquisite wrote: »
    I personally love how my Magplar stops between each skill/ultimate to announce what she is using since the crash upadte last week.

"Halt, I shall Smite thee" "stay still I am going to ulimate you"
    It just seems so much less fluid.

I guess it's my fault for playing open world CP.

I am still using NMA, but now carry a heavy set too, and use it depending on conditions.
    I am Altmer and I switched to Alteration Mastery instead of Transmustation--I love it, I rarely run out of magic, unless it is so laggy that I can't light or heavy attack. I use potatoes back bar. Right now I use Grothdar more, but I also like Balorghs when I am dropping Nova, and using sweeps to clean up. And I still carry multiple other sets for the situation/group I am in.

I noticed this tonight. It's hard to hit combos now. I hit someone with a topling charge and then stood over them for a good second before I could get the Crescent Sweep out. That gave the opponents plenty of time to open fire on me. So instead of hitting and then getting back on defense, I was a sitting duck.

That pause is from the 1 sec global skill cool down. Gap closing has limitation now. You can light attack right after toppling charge.
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you think next patch about combining BRP DW 10% mitigation + pirate skeleton since it got buffed this coming patch and stamcros perma defile you anyway as a replacement for bloodspawn/troll king.

Edited by West93 on May 24, 2020 9:23PM
  • shrekt4303
    shrekt4303
    ✭✭
    West93 wrote: »
    What do you think next patch about combining BRP DW 10% mitigation + pirate skeleton since it got buffed this coming patch and stamcros perma defile you anyway as a replacement for bloodspawn/troll king.

If your running two dps sets in medium armour already it could work. Seems the balorgh set will be the new BiS with DBoS as the ult. Play with your build and think about what youre missing. Do you waste all your stamina trying to defend? Look into a defensive set. Do you run out of stamina frequently? Increase recovery.

Seems higher mmr in bg is focused on ult dumping for kills. Alcast changed his bg build to heavy armour and slotted balorgh. Before it was medium armour with troll king.

I am a bigger fan of medium armour so ill be looking into a defensive monster set.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think there's really any comparison in defensive vs offensive. Offensive monster with defense 5 pc is back i think. I don't think any 1 monster set will be enough like it has been.
  • Tsunahmie
    Tsunahmie
    ✭✭✭
    At a loss with my magplar atm. without being a vamp and in 5 light armour I feel extremely squishy using Buffer the Swift and NMA + any monster set.
    what are you guys running atm? what are you testing? How is a vampplar for pvp? I know there is a lot of testing that needs to be done but rn my buld feels unplayable .

Tested (20-30BGs sofar) using:

NMA 2hander frontbar
    Icestaff backbar (powered, Potentates)

NMA Lightning staff frontbar
    Potentates Sword +Shield Backbar

NMA Lightning Staff frontbar
    NMA Sword n Board backbar

I don't think these are the most optimal setups anymore...

If I were to go vamp I would use somth like Pariah +NMA or Spinners but not sure.
    A massive issue now is using Remembrance as my backbar option. It does nothing for you now in tight situations as the healing it provides is now far to little to be of any use.
    HoD + Sword n Board ulti drains my mana faster than anything and is healing for 5K...

• EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im gonna do trans/ winter's respite both back barred snb, masters staff front. 3 sturdy, 4 welfitted. Full tristat/ triune. Tristat food. Haven't really addressed monster set yet, i will either go a damage set or 1pc kena, 1 mythic item (probably speed).

Gonna offset the loss of bloodspawn with a strong hot and dodge roll.
  • soniku4ikblis
    soniku4ikblis
    ✭✭✭
    I tried out Stuhn's. It's great for 10 seconds. Then I have that 10 second or so down time.

And if someone else puts Off Balance on the target, I'm not getting the proc.

So, I'm trying my best to like this set.

I've lost some DPS having to add 25% more healing to my build in order to even be able to heal myself and it feels like watered down heals. I'm not even breaking 10K like I used to. (I was used to 13-14k crit heals.)

Kind of struggling at the moment. Templar is a burst class and our heals were the corner stone of what made us strong. Now, I don't know. PVP seems a bit more annoying and sluggish for Magplar.

I've tried swapping out from Bright Throat's Boast and nothing is cutting edge. I really liked using Overwhelming Surge, but then I have to run Elemental Drain and that really slows down the speed of bursting and getting in those first few hits before the other guy smashes you.

Really rough..
    Edited by soniku4ikblis on June 3, 2020 8:26AM
    __._-*._._._.-*'"{Sonic Euphoric Bliss}"'*-._._._.*-_.__
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I tried out Stuhn's. It's great for 10 seconds. Then I have that 10 second or so down time.

I've lost some DPS having to add 25% more healing to my build in order to even be able to heal myself and it feels like watered down heals. I'm not even breaking 10K like I used to. (I was used to 13-14k crit heals.)

Kind of struggling at the moment. Templar is a burst class and our heals were the corner stone of what made us strong. Now, I don't know. PVP seems a bit more annoying and sluggish for Magplar.

I've tried swapping out from Bright Throat's Boast and nothing is cutting edge. I really liked using Overwhelming Surge, but then I have to run Elemental Drain and that really slows down the speed of bursting and getting in those first few hits before the other guy smashes you.

Really rough..

I've been mocking about with stuhns on stamplar, paired it with new moon and the wild hunt ring, and I regularly hit ppl for 6-7k Cresent sweeps(yepp the magic morph).
    Tbh if you cant kill someone in a bg in 10 seconds you probably should switch targets anyway.
    You can always set someone else off balance, and proc the set again.

I've also tested venomous smite+azureblight and it works surprisingly well on stamplar, probably Beacuse jabs is so good at proccing the axe bleed in aoe, and thus helping it build stacks faster.
    You can really punish people for sitting in a tight group with that setup.
    Edited by Firstmep on June 3, 2020 8:58AM
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really rough..

You need to fit in masters staff. Front bar stuhns, back bar masters staff.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here I am again struggling with my stamplar. The changes I made the last time I posted were wiped by the last patch.....Troll King is no longer helping me stay alive

I’m back in the realm of either too squishy or doing no damage. I’ve been moving around with either 2H and bow or 2H and shield.
    I’m in medium armour BP & Hunding....not amazing I know.

What are you guys using these days?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This patch seems volatile still for what the meta will be.

I started off medium armor stamplar NMA front bar, battlefield acrobat (helps keep ER and toppling charge cost down and counters NMA drawback), potentates back bar and suck with bloodspawn. Felt squishy at times and so did everyone.

Went magplar with buff of the swift, NMA front bar, willpower backbar and focused on keeping total dark up, ran balorgs. Gave me some decent survivability and people were melting for a couple of days. Then that changed already as I think people similarly started looking for more survivability

Went back stamplar to push out more damage, went balorgs, double bar potentates, back bar battlefield acrobat. Seems more well rounded now.

This is all CP PvP though. I hear no CP is going proc heavy.
    Edited by technohic on June 4, 2020 2:54PM
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing about stamplar is you don’t really have the typical defense, your defense is mobility. I’d recommend finding a way to add major expedition to your builds and have a few pieces of well fitted.

I have ONE tanky build but the rest have been glass , although you wouldn’t know because I try to keep my heals up and stay mobile. I mostly play no cp, so if you can manage to master the art of mobility I’m sure you can do even better in cp pvp.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing about stamplar is you don’t really have the typical defense, your defense is mobility. I’d recommend finding a way to add major expedition to your builds and have a few pieces of well fitted.

I have ONE tanky build but the rest have been glass , although you wouldn’t know because I try to keep my heals up and stay mobile. I mostly play no cp, so if you can manage to master the art of mobility I’m sure you can do even better in cp pvp.

This is a fair point. No active defense ability besides being able to purge but that's expensive, so I often say you have to be able to use LOS and come out and burst and return. But speed enables that.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't imagine playing magicka without masters destro or stamina without snow treaders or wild hunt atm. I might the speed mythics on magicka though. Not needing RAT sounds nice.