The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Who are your characters?

Fawlcha
Fawlcha
✭✭
So I have been wondering, who are your characters?

In the sense, who are they, what they do, why did they choose to align themselves with the faction they are in? By this I mean to say a Redguard in the Aldmeri Dominion and why did he/she decide to commit to that faction or even an orc in Ebonheart Pact.

I have heard a few interesting stories my friends had as they even played out a whole family line from Morrowind to Skyrim all the way to Elder Scrolls Online.

So who are your character/s, what concepts have your created?
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most of my characters are Khajiits of the clan Masphoor. There are a few non-Khajiit family members who have been "adopted" by the clan, but it's a mostly Khajiit group. A few decades ago the clan left Senchal due to an unfortunate "incident" and moved around a while between different Bandi trading posts. After building up the family's merchant reputation in Rawl'kha, the clan bought the Sleek Creek house and now conduct the trading business from there.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have my characters' backstories compiled in this post, so it would be easier to read them over there.

Since you were particularly interested in alliance affiliations, almost all of my characters are part of their races' standard alliances, since I didn't have Any Race Any Alliance until relatively recently. There are two of them that diverge from that.

My Dunmer necromancer is a treasure-hunter who headed west from her native Morrowind in search of tombs to raid without having to feel guilty about messing with Dunmer ancestors. She spent the last decade or two bumming around High Rock and Wrothgar before being sacrificed by the Worm Cult, so it was just natural for her to stick around there. She doesn't have any strong feelings about the Covenant, but if she were to get pulled into current events, that's where she'd be.

My Imperial warden is an interesting case because she has reasons to actively hate the alliance she ended up with. She started out unaffiliated as an Imperial in Cyrodiil, and was horribly disfigured by Pact soldiers and left for almost-dead. She managed to survive for a few months on her own before being found and sacrificed by the Worm Cult, and after escaping from Coldharbour she landed in Bleakrock. I don't know if I'm going to play through any of the questlines with her, but I liked the idea of a character being forced to come to terms with old resentments and fears in the course of having to forge a new life among people she identifies with those who caused her misfortunes.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA