The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Playable Races may be under consideration

• Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did most people get the survey? I didn't get one...
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zos will do anything for more cash, so I could totally see them crapping on the traditions of elder scrolls to appeal to the casual mmo fans who love millions of pets, mounts, races, hairstyles etc.

Vulpera inc!
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    Zos will do anything for more cash, so I could totally see them crapping on the traditions of elder scrolls to appeal to the casual mmo fans who love millions of pets, mounts, races, hairstyles etc.

Vulpera inc!

I can’t wait for the butthurt old grogs.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GalexPK wrote: »
    We need,
    Ohmes-Raht / Ohmes

Maomer

Nagas

Lore exception? Like making a chapter about the random return of a few (you only in theory)

Dwemer

Snow Elf

"You want". For Khajiit I'd rather be a Dagi. Keep the fur, but make me smol, and the Dwemer and Snow Elves are both gone. Super gone. You can't take two extinct Races and suddenly introduce hundreds of them running around.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    Did most people get the survey? I didn't get one...

I think it's random. I didn't get this one, either, but I got one last year.
  • TaeRai
    TaeRai
    Soul Shriven
    No.

The Elder Scrolls games has always had ten base races (excluding early Arena and Daggerfall, of course.) Including others would break the dynamic
    PC-NA | Roleplayer and skooma addict

~Master crafter, main character and achievement sponge~ Nimah Twice-Cursed | Bosmer werewolf | StamBlade DPS
    Anja Cold-Heart | Nord vampire | Nightblade tank
    Arven Vayn | Bosmer | Warden tank
    Faline Deathsinger | Altmer vampire | Magden DPS
    Fyriian | Altmer | PetSorc DPS
    Indriin Blackclaw | Bosmer | Stamden double-bow DPS
    Rhav'vet | 'Tsaesci' | Stamcro DPS
    Rivyn Dralas | Dunmer | MagDK DPS
    Runs-Through-Mud | Argonian | Templar healer
    Slays-Many-Beasts | Argonian | StamDK DPS
    Sleeps-In-Shadows | Argonian half-vampire | Magblade healer
    Tagarn Vayn | Bosmer | Dragonknight tank
    ~
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    worrallj wrote: »
    I want a subscription only server with no crown store.

So a server with less max character slots and no banker/merchant assistants? I'm fine with vanilla mounts, but no +5 inventory mount? Might not be a very popular server.

Also makes it hard to get Warden and Necromancer after the chapter converts to DLC. And Imperial. And any class any alliance.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    McMasterx wrote: »
    Not gonna lie, Options: 1, 3, 4, and 7 read like Filler. Of course they're gonna add more Quests, Areas, Skill lines, and Trials/Dungeons. It feels like they want you to pick between the remaining 4 choices. I can't possibly imagine what would need to happen for them to have a Chapter take place inside Preexisting content (base game [probably])

It isn't at all filler, because there are tradeoffs. Look at when they decreased their DLC output by making 2 quarters dungeons. It does not feel like they want people to choose between the other 4. I would choose quests and areas because those other things aren't in my mind worth giving up narrative content (like we did with 2 quarters of dungeon DLC). I say that as someone who enjoys dungeons, but would rather have more casual storytelling DLC.

If everyone responded quests and zones, there is also little chance they swap out the smaller DLC for a PvP DLC, for example. I'm not sure why you focused on the chapter. That obviously will at its core stay as it is because they need to sell a lot of those.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Silliness in my opinion.

There doesn't need to be a race "officially in game" for someone to play it. And if there was, there would just be more arguments about what racial skills/boosts they "should have".

Here are a few examples

My goblin Girl, Broken Branch Toothmaul

In costume:

2pAieby.png

Suspicious of the students at the mages guild:

3AyC8w5.png

My Maomer Sorceress, Tempest Kinslayer

qEt3Ung.png

later I got the "white eyes" thing and added it, but I don't have a current pic of that.

And the player who beat me all to shame with different races and backstories:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6741940/#Comment_6741940
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaeRai wrote: »
    The Elder Scrolls games has always had ten base races (excluding early Arena and Daggerfall, of course.) Including others would break the dynamic
    Let's get to counting then, shall we?

TES:Arena - Races: 8
    TES-II:Daggerfall - Races: 8
    TES:Battlespire - Races: 6
    TES:Redguard - Races: 1 (duh, premade character)
    TES-III:Morrowind - Races: 10
    TES-IV:Oblivion - Races: 10
    TES-V:Skyrim - Races: 10
    TESO - Races 9 (+1 for imperial edition, later crown store unlock)

Sooo... that "always ten races" thing? Yeah, not looking so good there...

As for the "dynamic", well... the "dynamic" in ESO is three races per alliance. "Imperial" is already an add-on... and this they could easily add more such "crown store races" - IF they so choose. In -exactly- the same way.

Will they?
    Up to ZOS.
    I'd buy it for my crowns anyhow... I have characters I totally would racechange and redo in any of the plausible options oif those became available! There is an pact stamsorc I would love to redo in maormer, or a covenant warden that could go reachmen, or a dominion graverobber that would be neat in gobbo or imga...
    ...but in the end, it depends on how the people at ZOS see the matter. However, there are some vialble races in the game, complete with appearacne options, crafting styles and lore... all they would need it slap together some passives and sell them in the crown store. And they could easily get that by taking the passives or an already existing race, and changing things a little... I mean, maormer made from the dunmer template just shifted to storm damage instead of fire? That would sound like a very easy and balanced thing, right? Breton and nord passives could be done half-half to make reachmen, and a little mixing and fiddling with orc and either bosmer or argonian passives could make for a plausible and balanmced gobbo or imga...
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want reachmen so I can finally play a stamina Breton ⚔️💪
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got an e-mail survey, and playable races were one of the options for content I would like to see in future chapters.

iGvh9au.png

I, of course, checked it as one of my three. :p

How does one get this email? I didnt get that email?
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got an e-mail survey, and playable races were one of the options for content I would like to see in future chapters.

iGvh9au.png

I, of course, checked it as one of my three. :p

How does one get this email? I didnt get that email?

I'm guessting they randomly selected people for the survey.
  • KoSeKu
    KoSeKu
    ✭✭✭
    sea elves or wood orcs would be interesting
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Where is this poll that everyone in the thread is talking about. I would like to receive this poll.
    Thank you
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If these are sent out randomly, my survey RNG must be as bad as my in-game drops RNG :anguished:

I think new playable races would be awesome. Every TES game has added new things so it wouldn't surprise me too much at this point if ESO does this.

Outside of that, new WAYS to do group content (PvE) would be interesting but more of the same? Meh. We get it anyway. Same for new zones and areas to explore. If it's something novel (like a revamped adventure zone concept), sure, but otherwise we get new zones anyway. I'd be happy with just one dungeon DLC and one big zone in some year if it mean we got something else worthwhile. No to new character classes and skill lines for a while.

The three that seem most novel and liable to cause a shakeup are new playable races, new ways to PvP, and new in-game social systems. They draw my eye those most.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Djiku
    Djiku
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't want any more races than usual Elder Scrolls games have already. Please don't start with WoW's allied race nonsense. There are more than enough problems to solve and to sink your time into, ZOS. Don't let your self be distracted by something like that.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they would send me this stuff. Def new zones, new social systems and new skill lines (fishing, mat farming, treasure hunter)
    Edited by volkeswagon on May 6, 2020 4:45AM
  • godagarah5000
    godagarah5000
    ✭✭✭
    i would indeed like daedric races still
  • PrinceDamien
    PrinceDamien
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've always been a Khajiit. And nothing would change that.
    But I am always up for more races/classes/whatever. Diversity is great.
    And I would most likely take the new stuff for a ride as well.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Djiku wrote: »
    I don't want any more races than usual Elder Scrolls games have already.
    IF they go there, it will be a crown store unlock, so YOU won't have to have more races unless you pay.
    Other people tho... might love to spend some crowns on trying a race they haven't yet taken for a spin!
    And as mentioned, IF they do this, then they will certainly go for the races already there just not playable... -JUST- like it happened in TES-III:Morrowind when they made the "already there, just not playable" Orcs and Imperials playable races.
    So... it IS possible that we might get to play the maormer we see in the game, or maybe reachmen if they were to choose to depict htem as seperate race and not just bretons with a slavic accent, or perhaps even gobbos... and then everyone can vote with their wallet for more by going and purchasing those. And if the sales on crown store races are high, well, then they might go and make more that are not yet seen in-game like Imga and akaviri races... If on the other hand the sales disappoint... well, then that will be it. That is how its most likely to go if the powers that be choose to give it a try.
    i would indeed like daedric races still
    Yeah, but it would be sooooo lore-breaking and immersion-crushing...

I mean, yeah, I am a fan of daedric races as well, and would adore playing a Mazken... but it would be just so wrong, that I don't ever want the option in ESO. It would make so much of "no sense at all", with all the questings written for mortal-ish vestige heroes...

We would need an entirely new game for daedric races, and I just don't see that happening for ESO.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I too had dismissed any possibility of a new playable race in ESO. But, now the question is officially on that survey it's like that's the new canon. There will be new playable races at some point in the future of ESO. When there's no more room in the game for any more classes or combat skill lines that's what we're going to be given.

So, with that in mind, I have looked for hints of a new playable race in the game. I think they are there. Maomer NPC's have been appearing in the newer parts of the game. Not just as enemies, but as merchants and travellers, and most recently as members of the Dragon Guard. The presence of Maomer on Tamriel is being normalised.

A Pyandonean chapter with a new Maomer playable race is starting to look like a certainty. Perhaps that's why we haven't had any lightening themed skins yet.

A new playable Argonian sub-race might even generate some enthusiasm for the next Black Marsh chapter.
    PC EU
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea nerf base ones and release new, locked behind paywall.
    Edited by Malmai on May 7, 2020 11:16AM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    I got this email too, a bit meh that it wasn't the survey that granted an atmoran bantam guar.

They could do khajiit furstocks as subraces since that's the most lore friendly route as khajiit can be found all over tamriel thanks to the bandari clan, but elsweyr as a chapter passed. I could see ohmes-raht desirable since well, essentially anime cat girls.

ON-Item-Ohmes-raht_Statue%2C_Trickster_02.jpg
    Ohmes-raht would be very easy to implement, add an tail to a Bosmer and add some new skin tones.
    Racials could be the same as standard Khajiit or different.
    Many of the other designs would be harder to implement but we have the Dagi around in game already as NPC.
    The largest types as in Cathay-Raht? is probably too large and will clip with doors
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.