Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Customize Your Home with 3D Essential Effects(tm) (BETA) from Essential Housing Tools

• Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K
    They made by my guildie and friend @Tarli in game
    6pabdef3rwft.png
    gzj4q7zzfekh.png
    Edited by Krainor1974 on July 11, 2019 2:26PM
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K
    They made by my guildie and friend @Tarli in game
    6pabdef3rwft.png
    gzj4q7zzfekh.png

Absolutely stunning work!
  • Ravenayle
    Ravenayle
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you! I enjoyed working with Krainor to make these. :)
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent work on those, imo. They look like genuine portraits -- going to add a really nice touch of realism to your home(s), Krainor. <3
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thxs, feel free to visit Linchal and grotto and see them.
    Edited by Krainor1974 on July 22, 2019 4:46PM
  • Sir Tanks a lot
    Sir Tanks a lot
    ✭✭✭
    Shared a demo of the latest sky fx with my discords including the newest maelstrom/thunder/dark sky ominous ones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJRZU6PkNe0
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K As I am slowly learning how to use the EHT add-on, I was wondering whether you are considering adding a Clockwork sky special effect.

Given the lack of Clockwork styled homes, this would allow the home decorators to change any house with open sky to one located inside the Drome.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the new skies! Now if only we could control the default day/night lighting...
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watchdog wrote: »
    @R_K As I am slowly learning how to use the EHT add-on, I was wondering whether you are considering adding a Clockwork sky special effect.

Given the lack of Clockwork styled homes, this would allow the home decorators to change any house with open sky to one located inside the Drome.

@Watchdog I can check it out but if I recall correctly, that sky dome is quite complex so I may not be able to do so easily / well. But I will take a look. ;-) I realize it's not the same, but there is the Virtual Reality sky overlay - and as with all of the FX, it can be dyed any color you prefer. <3
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    Watchdog wrote: »

@Watchdog I can check it out but if I recall correctly, that sky dome is quite complex so I may not be able to do so easily / well. But I will take a look. ;-) I realize it's not the same, but there is the Virtual Reality sky overlay - and as with all of the FX, it can be dyed any color you prefer. <3

I understand that. Even a non-animated version of the Clockwork sky would be awesome.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    immozz01 wrote: »
    new pc generated new username, was no way to change and do it different. i copied the old file to the folder, that doesnt work. @R_K tried something to change withing the file, also doesnt work. so i assume saving data to the cloud also doesnt help, unless you dont pc changes.

as mentioned i know quite a few people who play on different locations/pc. would be nice if addon data would be generated so it can be migrated

yeah. i also miss an option to remind people to constantly breath... i know several people which forgets this sometimes and thats the addons fault as well. and obviously not everybody is able to remind themselves -.-

and also, a new computer not just creates a new username, it also changes the color of my hair. so that must be fixed too.

btw... how did you find the switch to turn on the pc? Must be a hell of a search... but hey, ask the author of the addon, maybe he can fix it
    -.-
    oh boy...
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just looking for some confirmation that it's possible to hide the boulders in the sky on the Coldharbor Surreal Estate with the sky options in EHT. Anyone know for sure? Also, I just re-downloaded PTS and it appears none of my add-ons were transferred over to PTS. Is it possible to do that so I can check for myself before I buy the darn thing? The floating rocks are a deal breaker.

• Holmarion19
    Holmarion19
    ✭✭✭
    If you copypasta "addons" from your elderscrollsonline > Live document folder to your elderscrollsonline > pts folder then afaik they ought to show up after you have ticked the box to allow out of use addons from settings in game.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you copypasta "addons" from your elderscrollsonline > Live document folder to your elderscrollsonline > pts folder then afaik they ought to show up after you have ticked the box to allow out of use addons from settings in game.

Thank you! Much appreciated!

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K Okay the Ocean of Stars sky overlay works AMAZINGLY in Coldharbor Surreal Estate! I'm actually going to buy it because of this and build my eternal nighttime forest and vampire home there. LOL I'd have loved to use the Ominous Sky but it doesn't block out the floating rocks in the sky. Is it possible to do more skies that have those softer effects that DO completely block out the in game sky? The aetherius sky and some of the other ones similar to that are wonderful but they still allow the regular sky to show through. More skies that block the in-game sky would be wonderful.

• Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    @R_K Okay the Ocean of Stars sky overlay works AMAZINGLY in Coldharbor Surreal Estate! I'm actually going to buy it because of this and build my eternal nighttime forest and vampire home there. LOL I'd have loved to use the Ominous Sky but it doesn't block out the floating rocks in the sky. Is it possible to do more skies that have those softer effects that DO completely block out the in game sky? The aetherius sky and some of the other ones similar to that are wonderful but they still allow the regular sky to show through. More skies that block the in-game sky would be wonderful.

Hey Morna it might take some time for him to answer,he does check in but to all of our joy in DDA he was finally noticed and hired for his work with eht in Eso so he does check in when possible. I placed a post in DDA’s discord and hopefully members will regularly check in answer questions and help as well.
    Edited by Krainor1974 on September 21, 2019 5:23PM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6352532#Comment_6352532
    Here’s a link of one of DDA’s other memebers which is helpful as well especially to beginners
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Morna it might take some time for him to answer,he does check in but to all of our joy in DDA he was finally noticed and hired for his work with eht in Eso so he does check in when possible. I placed a post in DDA’s discord and hopefully members will regularly check in answer questions and help as well.

Holy cow that's awesome Krainor! Hey is it possible to get a link to the discord?

• Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here ya go, welcome to DDA
    Anyone wanting to join our discord:
    https://discord.gg/uRK7ywE
    Edited by Krainor1974 on September 21, 2019 7:05PM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Krainor1974 Oh boo, invite is expired! :'(

• jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m guessing that this is limited to PC players ?
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, sorry.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MornaBaine and anyone else who wants to join DDA’s discord

https://discord.gg/dtJvFd
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Krainor1974 is correct. And I just wanted to add this: the Housing team loves you guys as much as I do (my personal opinion, for what it’s worth). <3 And that’s all I will say about that. =P
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MornaBaine and anyone else who wants to join DDA’s discord

https://discord.gg/dtJvFd

Thank you Krainor! Just joined!

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »

@Krainor1974 is correct. And I just wanted to add this: the Housing team loves you guys as much as I do (my personal opinion, for what it’s worth). <3 And that’s all I will say about that. =P

@R_K I'm so ecstatic to hear (however belatedly) that you've joined the ESO housing team. That's just phenomenal news. For the first time in a long time I actually have some hope for housing in this game. Your work is just amazing and I can't wait to see what's in store. Maybe at last my long cherished dream of an actual day/night toggle? LOL

• Demnvath
    Demnvath
    ✭✭✭
    Hi there
    EHT is a fantastic mod and I love tinkering with it.
    However, I have an issue. Or maybe not. I'll let you enlight my misunderstandings.

I created a simple trigger over the presence of "someone" in a specific area that leads to, well, triggering a scene (an object moves, it's basic). All works well when I personnally stands in the specific area I linked to the trigger, and all works aswell for people who are in my group (I shared my FX and so by multiple ways, @mail, chat, etc.)

But as soon as the person trying to use the trigger is not in my group or I am not connected to the game, or even not in my house, nothing works. Yet a simple "someone is in the specific location condition" is listed besides "everyone" category.

May I need to be forever in my house for people to trigger a simple "presence detector"? I searched for days an answer in tutorials on Youtube, asking people in game, but I can't find anywhere a solution.
    Contributeur à la conception de la langue Dunmeri.
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Demnvath wrote: »
    Hi there
    However, I have an issue. Or maybe not. I'll let you enlight my misunderstandings.

I created a simple trigger over the presence of "someone" in a specific area that leads to, well, triggering a scene (an object moves, it's basic). All works well when I personnally stands in the specific area I linked to the trigger, and all works aswell for people who are in my group (I shared my FX and so by multiple ways, @mail, chat, etc.)

But as soon as the person trying to use the trigger is not in my group or I am not connected to the game, or even not in my house, nothing works. Yet a simple "someone is in the specific location condition" is listed besides "everyone" category.

May I need to be forever in my house for people to trigger a simple "presence detector"? I searched for days an answer in tutorials on Youtube, asking people in game, but I can't find anywhere a solution.

@Demnvath In this particular case you have a few things going:

1. EHT is an addon, thus, all the information about your triggers are on your PC. (You can share your FX with other EHT users directly or via community app, but not the triggers/status changes or animations).
    2. When your're not in your house, your local addon can't detect where other people are, as it's your character that serves as a "probe" for their location - that's why it does not work without being in a group.
    3. Moving an object in someone else's house (this is essentially what playing a scene does) requires having decorator permissions (this is a basegame rule, EHT can't change it).

There is a way to make it work for others but it requires a) granting them decorator permissions, b) having them re-create your trigger and animation/state change while in your home (they still need to have EHT installed).

There is another way of dealing with it but with, as you put it, "a basic animation" it is not worth a bother as it is time consuming and requires playing with .lua files. Can't recommend in this case. Serious.

At the end of the day, I'd rather have a peace of mind knowing that my home won't be demolished by an army of decorators than allow my guests to have access to triggers and animations when I'm not present. Sorry, folks :P

I tried being as clear as possible. Hope this helps.

P.S. "someone is in a specific location" is listed as "activated by you and your group" type of a trigger.

w6a5eeagpe57.png

Edited by bayushi2005 on May 6, 2020 12:23AM
  • Demnvath
    Demnvath
    ✭✭✭
    Demnvath wrote: »
    Hi there

@Demnvath In this particular case you have a few things going:

1. EHT is an addon, thus, all the information about your triggers are on your PC. (You can share your FX with other EHT users directly or via community app, but not the triggers/status changes or animations).
    2. When your're not in your house, your local addon can't detect where other people are, as it's your character that serves as a "probe" for their location - that's why it does not work without being in a group.
    3. Moving an object in someone else's house (this is essentially what playing a scene does) requires having decorator permissions (this is a basegame rule, EHT can't change it).

There is a way to make it work for others but it requires a) granting them decorator permissions, b) having them re-create your trigger and animation/state change while in your home (they still need to have EHT installed).

There is another way of dealing with it but with, as you put it, "a basic animation" it is not worth a bother as it is time consuming and requires playing with .lua files. Can't recommend in this case. Serious.

At the end of the day, I'd rather have a peace of mind knowing that my home won't be demolished by an army of decorators than allow my guests to have access to triggers and animations when I'm not present. Sorry, folks :P

I tried being as clear as possible. Hope this helps.

P.S. "someone is in a specific location" is listed as "activated by you and your group" type of a trigger.

w6a5eeagpe57.png

Thanks you very much for all these explanations.

I will try to make them recreate the animations. Thay wanted to learn how to make a functional door, this will be a good exercise.

Since the files containing my animations/scenes are on my computer, isn't there a way to just copy/paste them and share them with my friends? It would probably require to modify them I guess in order to lure their game into believing it's their files and not mine. I'm not sure if this is authorized by ZOS.

I don't want an army of decorators. People playing with my lights are already painful enough =D

PS: I don't know why I wrote about "someone is in a specific location". I may have been tired. I tried multiple things. I was thinking about the condition "if... someone write a specific string in chat" which is listed as "everyone". But if I understood your explanations correctly, I still need to be in my house in order to make this condition triggered by "everyone".
    Contributeur à la conception de la langue Dunmeri.