Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update 26 Combat Preview

• MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    mairwen85 wrote: »
    Pretty much a nonsensical argument as described and discussed at length already in this and many other threads. They are already adding a new set of weapons to the game and reworking the drop tables for both norm and vet for how those will be received. It is less effort to upgrade the existing items in the DB (the base items, which will automatically affect every existing item), and add a new one to drop from norm. Either case is minimal work from a data perspective, the latter being even less.

QA: they will be testing and following whatever quality assurance procedures they have in place anyway to check the norm and vet drops whichever way they approach this. So effort in that case is untouched.

Come on, please, they do this every patch for monster sets and gear, even skills ffs... stop inventing excuses for them, they really don't need you to. I would rather hear their justifications than yours.

It is really up to you what you want to believe.

ZOS knows why they are not doing this, and they have a really good reason for not doing it. I think that when they are silent, that often means that whatever reason they have would not really satisfy the players.

The reasons I give above are the best reasons that I can come up with that don't involve some conspiracy to deliberately annoy players, drive them away, focus on Crown Store, aliens, or some other such thing.

In the end, I think this came down to a deliberate business decision about how to allocate developer resources, and weapon upgrades were not above the cut line. This is probably one of a hundred things that were not above the cut line. The reasons for that are not going to make anyone happy.

The only remaining question that I have is whether, in response to threads like this, ZOS will decide to allocate people to write and test an upgrade that they can run during maintenance. This would probably be extra work, and possibly some other work would not get done, but they could certainly do it. If they have the time.

There are no extra resources that would need to be allocated to this. Upgrading existing weapons would literally be a 5-minute job, no different than changing the stats on any other piece of gear.

I do plenty of speculating, but even I know that this is not a "5 minute" job. It will take longer than that to just explain what needs to be done to the person doing the work in enough detail that they can go off and do the work. When this is all said and done, factoring in everything that has to be done, it is probably a couple days of work.

You're right, it's not a 5-minute job. Changing values in a database literally takes seconds.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on April 29, 2020 5:13PM
  • dwig
    dwig
    ✭✭✭
    There is absolutely no way that this is a technical problem that would take any appreciable amount of time to solve. They know how to change the stats on weapons, they do it all the time. Just upgrade current Maelstrom/Master weapons and then add a new weapon without the stat line to normal.

This is the almost same amount of effort that is required in adding a new drop to vet with a new name.

Add new weapon (both)
    Add drop to normal (both)

The only difference is that if they upgrade existing weapons they have to take a very short amount of time to do that. But they change the stats on weapons all the time! This is something that they definitely know how to do. It is not a technical problem that is stopping them from doing it, and I am certain that this is not a lengthy process. The meeting where they decide to make the change will take longer than the actual change.
  • BennyButton
    BennyButton
    ✭✭✭✭
    I simply can not wait for when they release their overhauled champion point system and decide to not automatically upgrade all of the people with over 1000 CP who will have to start back at zero hahaha.
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I simply can not wait for when they release their overhauled champion point system and decide to not automatically upgrade all of the people with over 1000 CP who will have to start back at zero hahaha.

Oh god, that mirrors the behaviour/decision of what's happening now to players.
    Forget that, I think my wallet will take a break from ESO... Forever, should that be how things go are going, on a continuum.
    Edited by SirMewser on April 29, 2020 8:10PM
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am guessing that this whole work-from-home thing makes it hard to draw straws to see who gets the short one. Maybe they are running VMA and the lowest score has to do it. Best out of three.
    Don’t be silly. To get a score, you have to be able to complete it. :trollface:

• colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would PAY to go back to Wrathstone at this point (sure nerf magsorc too, I'm okay w/ it). I had complaints, but man it was nothing like it is today. It was the best the game ever felt to me. The events of the past year have just been one crap storm after another to game performance and play. We've SEVERELY changed metas 4 times now in one year.

Sadly enough it's pretty much the same for me also, to be fair it's more or less the same for most people i know ingame and ones that left after elsweyr/harrowstorm. Wrathstone was too promising and they screwed up a lot after.
    Edited by colossalvoids on April 30, 2020 1:09PM
  • wlkanos
    wlkanos
    ✭✭✭
    So still no reply huh? @ZOS_BrianWheeler
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would PAY to go back to Wrathstone at this point (sure nerf magsorc too, I'm okay w/ it). I had complaints, but man it was nothing like it is today. It was the best the game ever felt to me. The events of the past year have just been one crap storm after another to game performance and play. We've SEVERELY changed metas 4 times now in one year.

Sadly enough it's pretty much the same for me also, to be fair it's more or less the same for most people i know ingame and ones that left after elsweyr/harrowstorm. Wrathstone was too promising and they screwed up a lot after.

Wrathstone was a great patch. I even liked a lot of Elsweyr, a great trial and decent class balance for Magicka, just Stamcro was overturned. Scalebreaker had some really interesting ideas to make useless skills useful and increase build diversity, but they overshot a little on some damage values. Dragonhold was a terrible patch that undid all of Scalebreaker, and made a ridiculous number of skills useless (RIP Liquid Lightning, Vamp Bane, Cripple, Soul Trap, Flame Reach, Poison Injection...), while adding almost no new content (just overland, nothing for group PVE or PVP). Harrowstorm had one cool dungeon, but very few balance changes, basically just Dragonhold with MagDK turned up to 11.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is what I see every time I look at my vMA inferno now.
    QenwuL5.png
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We’re still waiting @ZOS_BrianWheeler . We’re not going away. Either reverse it or give us the explanation that we’re owed please.
  • Satanas
    Satanas
    ✭✭✭
    Look at me Zenimax : No way !

That is crazy to see all these MMOs wich die the last years and to see Zenimax doing exactly all the same mistakes.

Wait... and if they were not mistakes ?

giphy.gif
    Edited by Satanas on May 1, 2020 1:17AM
  • BennyButton
    BennyButton
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler where do you draw the line? How about changing the title we get for trinity achievements but we’ll have to do the trinities again to get the new titles that require the same content to be completed? Is that the line?

@ZOS_RichLambert Where’s the line?

@ZOS_Gilliam Where’s the line?

@ZOS_Finn Where’s the line?

Just wondering!
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The line is called "target audience" and we're far from it. it relates to another line called "performance bonus."
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    wlkanos wrote: »

Why does that surprise anyone at this point?
  • Satanas
    Satanas
    ✭✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »

Why does that surprise anyone at this point?

It's not the reason. It's just... provocation, I guess.
    It's a reflex for tanks to taunt you know.
    Edited by Satanas on May 2, 2020 1:29PM
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have probably never posted on these forums in my life until now, and I have played this game since beta. The amount of damage you have done with changes in this game in regards to healers has been downright abysmal. They have become obsolete in most of the aging dungeon content after nerfs to orbs/springs, and most definitely in PvP after this. You guys slid in the BG solo queue change deep in your patch notes, which has already destroyed a "TEAM" based feature and also made BGs as a healer impossible to play. Why even have healing trees if you can't utilize them? I thought PvP was your initial end-game ideology, yet you are excluding a very specific type of class that has been in MMOs since the beginning.

And then to make huge changes to bis weapons in content that has been out for years, and force us to refarm them? Is this your idea on how to keep the game "alive"? That is dirty and disrespectful to your player base.

I have invested literally thousands of dollars into your crownstore between PS4 and PC with hope that my money would help fund this game into progressive changes, but these are not progressive changes. I personally have been downright disappointed in the majority of your content for the last year.

I recommend that you put more focus on fixing the bigger issues occurring, like the desynching issues /dungeon queue/disconnects visiting houses that we're experiencing that is making the game nearly unplayable, instead of just making us more mad and forcing us to farm content we have completed quite some time ago.

^^^^(my emphasis)
    Pretty much sums up for me how I feel about the general direction a.t.m. I am furious about the vMA vDSA weapon changes. The abysmal performance has stopped me PvPing for months. This last week was better in PvE and I actually PvP'd but it went futz again 14 hours ago. Hence me being on forums playing the other ESO game.

I typed a rant about Cyrodil healing and healers' roles also being threatened by current game design of infinite burst self heals on any role, so that the screams to nerf healing and make that role redundant in PvP are getting louder but it was too off topic for here. Maybe later, ;)
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's mondayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! time for a @ZOS_BrianWheeler replyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! :p
    PC-EU
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    his lack of answer means only one thing. they already decided x_x
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to know the rationale behind the decision to not provide the upgraded items. Even if it's just to force everyone to grind arenas again to increase player exposure to content at the cost of considerable amounts of their personal time, I want to hear that, because it will provide insight into ZOS's philosophical approach to their customers, and that will factor into whether or not I will continue to invest time in this game.

Because there is no response, much of the speculation on this forum as to what it means gets deleted because speculation is interpreted as conspiracy, which is against the rules. Okay, if you won't let us talk about what the motivation could be, then just tell us. I think that's a fair and reasonable request, and it's very easy to make happen.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler - just tell us why.
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WeerW3ir wrote: »
    his lack of answer means only one thing. they already decided x_x

i really don't care about their decisions, i'll adapt, i just want to know why all my vma weapons are ****ed up and i have to re-farm all of them. Just WHY?
    PC-EU
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_RobGarrett on what planet is this lack of communication deemed acceptable? @ZOS_GinaBruno you have acknowledged in the past that a lack of communication exists between ZOS and the community, so how does this thread in any way mend that perception?

The community deserves an answer.
  • wlkanos
    wlkanos
    ✭✭✭
    furiouslog wrote: »
    I just want to know the rationale behind the decision to not provide the upgraded items. Even if it's just to force everyone to grind arenas again to increase player exposure to content at the cost of considerable amounts of their personal time, I want to hear that, because it will provide insight into ZOS's philosophical approach to their customers, and that will factor into whether or not I will continue to invest time in this game.

Because there is no response, much of the speculation on this forum as to what it means gets deleted because speculation is interpreted as conspiracy, which is against the rules. Okay, if you won't let us talk about what the motivation could be, then just tell us. I think that's a fair and reasonable request, and it's very easy to make happen.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler - just tell us why.

There will not be a reply, @ZOS_BrianWheeler will just continue to ignore this 33 pages long thread and eventually hope that everyone will forget. The lack of a response is in itself a response, you should have enough information to decide whether to waste your time and continue playing and paying for eso+, or invest your time elswyre on games that respect you, and your time.

Isn't that correct budd? @ZOS_BrianWheeler
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Third set of PTS patch notes came out and still nothing about this vMA issue? I guess they don't feel it's an important topic.

Judging by their inability to balance/fix some of the sets in the next patch by not listening to a lot of the good feedback they've received on them there, I'm starting to wonder what they listen to.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • dwig
    dwig
    ✭✭✭
    There is no justification for the vMA issue.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The decision needs to be reversed. There’s no other fair alternative, no give or take, no compromise, just straight up reversing that decision is the only acceptable outcome @ZOS_BrianWheeler . There is no possible fair justification for making everybody farm VMA again.
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There will not be a reply, @ZOS_BrianWheeler will just continue to ignore this 33 pages long thread and eventually hope that everyone will forget. The lack of a response is in itself a response, you should have enough information to decide whether to waste your time and continue playing and paying for eso+, or invest your time elswyre on games that respect you, and your time.

Isn't that correct budd? @ZOS_BrianWheeler

I think that you're right, but I continue to hope that you are wrong, and that BW will eventually choose to do the decent thing and at least share his reasons, if not change his mind. That hope dwindles daily.

My sub runs out tomorrow. If I had any inclination that ZOS cared about its customers at all, and if they had proven to be capable of keeping their commitments, I'd have already resubbed because I would trust that my time spent would translate to a reasonable guarantee of enjoyment. Right now, all I do is think about how messed up this whole situation is when I log on, from the game-breaking bugs and unplayable PvP to the frequent and callous reassignment of gear sets that undermines any effort I put into farming gear and understanding how to play the game better.

I wish I didn't love the world of Elder Scrolls so much. It's like I'm a Disney fan going to Disney World, but half of the rides don't work, the stores sell defective merchandise, the food vendors provide incomplete orders, and when I go to customer service to complain, they just ignore me and hand over glossy promotional fliers about their upcoming rides and special events planned for next year. Eventually, you would not become disengaged just with that product, but the entire IP.

I want to be empathetic, and understand their challenges. It's impossible without their engagement.
  • Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The attitude this company has toward any player that's been here over a few months is astounding. I'm sorry we vets aren't as profitable to you, Zos, but that's hardly a reason to not only punish us, but drive us away. Basic communication seems to even be more effort than they're willing to put out, as is evidenced by this thread. Unbelievable.
    Edited by Suna_Ye_Sunnabe on May 4, 2020 11:19PM
    Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The one and only thing that I'm selfishly looking forward to with the arena weapon changes is that I'll maybe be able to more easily find a group to do vDSA with. I didn't make it a priority back after the CP160 gear cap increase, and now nobody who has their gear wants to organize vDSA runs.

That said, I'd still rather have everybody get free upgrades for their vDSA and vMA weapons instead. It's much easier to just organize vDSA farming groups myself than it would be to farm vMA hundreds of times again.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we’ll get a response when we hit 1000 comments. 11 more to go people!
  • dwig
    dwig
    ✭✭✭
    Doubt it, but I guess its worth a shot.