The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Kyne's Aegis Hard Mode beaten after buffs !

• John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @WrathOfInnos , can't agree more. By now, certain things should be part of core game; stands to reason that so few groups on consoles have the trifecta clears. Built-in dressing room and duration reminder would go a long way. Not sure if ZOS would choose to integrate raid notifier, and how far they would go - for one, many hints do make mechanics way more trivial, and for another, some telegraphs are pain to follow. So there's probably some balance between things that make group more efficient but are hard to implement in organic immersive way (callouts for ice tombs, various other timers) and just badly made telegraphs (not sure about others, but I never could see telegraph for Draining Shot). But some work on badly telegraphed attacks alone would already go a long way.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @WrathOfInnos , can't agree more. By now, certain things should be part of core game; stands to reason that so few groups on consoles have the trifecta clears. Built-in dressing room and duration reminder would go a long way. Not sure if ZOS would choose to integrate raid notifier, and how far they would go - for one, many hints do make mechanics way more trivial, and for another, some telegraphs are pain to follow. So there's probably some balance between things that make group more efficient but are hard to implement in organic immersive way (callouts for ice tombs, various other timers) and just badly made telegraphs (not sure about others, but I never could see telegraph for Draining Shot). But some work on badly telegraphed attacks alone would already go a long way.

Yep exactly. I don’t think base game should have text alerts to tell you when to block for example, but there are a lot of poor or missing telegraphs. This is especially true in Kyne’s Aegis, but most trials have at least a few. Like how Nahviintaas has a subtle head motion indicating thrash (that’s very similar to several other actions) instead of giving us a red ground indicator like in Lair of Maarselok for the same attack. Or how Llothis’ poison conal attack often deals damage before the ground indicator reaches the end of its reach, and even if you see it in time there’s no in-game way to tell if it is targeting you or another player without moving.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WrathOfInnos , can't agree more. By now, certain things should be part of core game; stands to reason that so few groups on consoles have the trifecta clears. Built-in dressing room and duration reminder would go a long way. Not sure if ZOS would choose to integrate raid notifier, and how far they would go - for one, many hints do make mechanics way more trivial, and for another, some telegraphs are pain to follow. So there's probably some balance between things that make group more efficient but are hard to implement in organic immersive way (callouts for ice tombs, various other timers) and just badly made telegraphs (not sure about others, but I never could see telegraph for Draining Shot). But some work on badly telegraphed attacks alone would already go a long way.

Yep exactly. I don’t think base game should have text alerts to tell you when to block for example, but there are a lot of poor or missing telegraphs. This is especially true in Kyne’s Aegis, but most trials have at least a few. Like how Nahviintaas has a subtle head motion indicating thrash (that’s very similar to several other actions) instead of giving us a red ground indicator like in Lair of Maarselok for the same attack. Or how Llothis’ poison conal attack often deals damage before the ground indicator reaches the end of its reach, and even if you see it in time there’s no in-game way to tell if it is targeting you or another player without moving.

I’m not sure if PC suffers from the same issue, but occasionally bosses will have late animations or even fail to do their animations.

For Llothis it’s not so bad since we look at the ground indicator telegraph - he will use cone mechanic but his character is standing perfectly still. It’s more dangerous when the poison cloud surrounding the player he is targeting doesn’t appear either.

For Nahviintaas it’s far worse. He is created in a way where every single attack animation he does fluidly ends with him going into the same animation position (staring at whoever taunts him). Normally that is cool. However it seems to interfere with his actual attack animations.

It’s not uncommon for his head swipe attack animation will fail to animate so it looks like he stopped using attacks and is just taking 2 seconds to stare at the tank (that’s the cue to realize what’s happening). In these situations I’ve rarely seen the whole group block in time and it’s too risky to dodge.... I’ve also seen the animation play out but for the damage+knockback to occur about 1 second *before* he visibly swipes his head, causing usually the whole group to take a direct hit due to what is on our screens being misleading.

Nahviintaas attack where he breathes fire from one side of the arena to the other can also fail to swipe across the arena visually, despite the damage still occurring. The cone stays in one corner so that can’t be used for reference either. Just have to hold Block the whole time.

Lastly is Lokkestiiz Laser mechanic (which on HM adds that lingering AoE to each player)... it faces all of the same issue as Nahviintaas head swipe. Sometimes it doesn’t animate, sometimes the beam is way off visually from where the damage takes place. This also has happened with the storm breath AoEs that Lokkestiiz causes when he’s flown up into the air and spawned Storm Atros.

Those are all just per boss. Not too hopeful any of this will ever be fixed and it does hurt the experience. Not fun to deal with severe bugs which can cause players to die at no fault of their own.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vaoh Yes, most of those happen on PC as well. I can't tell you how many times I've been saved by an addon telling me a mechanic is happening, without any animation occurring.