ANTIQUITIES LEADS + LEAD LOCATIONS UBER-THREAD

• Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Real dumb question is this just on the pts or already in game? Oh and thanks for starting this.

Just on the PTS atm.
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Greenshade
    Ancestral Elf: Shoulders (Blue) - Treasure Map Chest
    Ancestral Elf: Daggers (Green) - Treasure Map Chest
    Greensong Gathering Circle (Purple) - Public Dungeon Boss (Rulanyil’s Fall)

Grahtwood
    Ancestral Elf: Maces (Blue) - Treasure Map Chest
    Ancestral Elf: Boots (Green) - Treasure Map Chest
    Eight-Star Chandelier (Purple) - Treasure Chest

Glenumbra
    Ancestral Orc: Chest Pieces (Purple) - Treasure Map Chest
    Ancestral Orc: Bows (Green) - Treasure Map Chest
    Band of Water (Gold, part of Ring of the Wild Hunt) - Public Dungeon Boss (Bad Man’s Hallows)

Malabal Tor
    Ancestral Elf: Swords (Purple) - Treasure Map Chest
    Ancestral Elf: Gloves (Green) - Treasure Map Chest
    Silvenari Sap-Stone (Purple) - Thieves Trove
    Hollowbone Wind Chimes (Purple) - Public Dungeon Boss (Crimson Cove)
    PC NA : 2013 Beta Tester : Altoholic
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure Ancient Elf pages are found in treasure map chests in AD zones, Ancient Orc pages are found in treasure map chests in DC zones, and Ancient Nord pages are found in treasure map chests in EP zones. I'll need to test some more to determine if certain page slots are only available in specific zones, or whether it's set up so that (for example) any Ancient Elf page can be found in any AD zon treasure map chest, etc.
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The Rift
    Ancestral Nord: Shields (Purple) - Treasure Map Chest
    Ancestral Nord: Gloves (Green) - Treasure Map Chest
    Ebony Fox Totem (Purple) - Public Dungeon Boss (The Lion’s Den)
    Akaviri Lord’s Banner (Blue) - Reward for excavating “Augur’s Bones” (Green)
    Giant Chieftain’s Crown (Purple) - Reward for excavating “Akaviri Lord’s Banner” (Blue)

Summerset
    Sticky Integument Leather (Gold, part of Thrassian Stranglers) - Psijic Portal
    Warped Scrying Dipper (Blue) - Reward from excavating “Faded Psijic Folio” (Green)
    Ritemaster’s Slate (Purple) - Reward from excavating “Warped Scrying Dipper” (Blue)
  • vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Khenarthi’s Roost
    Ancient Fishing Rod (Blue) - Reward for excavating “Khenarthi Skooma Pipe” (Green)

Northern Elsweyr
    Khajiit Plague Mask (Blue) - Reward for excavating “Faded Khajiit Claw” (Green)
    Khajiit Prayer Cloth (Purple) - Reward for excavating “Khajiit Plague Mask” (Blue)
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Another antiquity based question...
    How long does the skill line take to level and can you find purple and gold items without leveling it?
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long does the skill line take to level and can you find purple and gold items without leveling it?
    You can find gold lead on the character with low skills. On the 5th level you can scry and dig advanced (purple) items. I got it in 3 days.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »
    You can find gold lead on the character with low skills. On the 5th level you can scry and dig advanced (purple) items. I got it in 3 days.

Thanks for info :smile: I am on the PTS I just don't want to invest too much time in Greymoor and have to do it all again :lol:
  • vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Worn Orcish Cauldron (Blue) - Reward for excavating “Armless Stone Effigy” (Green)
    Orsinium Cracked Iron Bell (Purple) - Reward for excavating “Worn Orcish Cauldron” (Blue)
    Tusks of the Orc-Father (Purple) - Public Dungeon Boss (Rkindaleft, Group Event)

Stormhaven
    Noble Knight’s Rest (Purple) - Treasure Map Chest, Public Dungeon Boss (Bonesnap Ruins)
    Malacath’s Brutal Ritual Oil (Gold, part of Malacath’s Band of Brutality) - Public Dungeon Boss (Bonesnap Ruins)

Summerset
    Jurisreeve’s Eye (Blue) - Reward for excavating Apraxic Decanter

Vvardenfell
    Sixth House Ritual Table (Purple) - Treasure Chest
    Massive Ash-herder Grapnel (Blue) - Reward for excavating “Refitted Dwarven Rod” (Green)

Stone Falls
    Bronzed War Horn (Blue) - Reward for excavating “Nedic Wineskin” (Green)
    Chimer Military Insignia (Purple) - Reward for excavating “Bronzed War Horn” (Blue)
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cres wrote: »
    KMarble wrote: »
    Cres wrote: »
    Found from Cheydinhal quest reward box

rvyk28mu7y37.png

Shouldn't the leads we find in a certain zone be related to items in the same zone, or am I misremembering?

That doesn't seem true so far atleast. The piece for Thrassian Stanglers listed above is found in Artaeum but excavated in Eyevea

Thank you
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh god, please don't tell me this is one of those puzzle games where you can go online and find how someone solved them for you already. That would be soo sad. Reduced to a grind from day 1.
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, well I have only observed Cross-Zone leads either being Gold (Brazier of Cold-Flame, dropped in Stros Mkai but is a Bleakrock relic - doesn't really make any sense..) OR part of a collection (Thrassian strangler piece above with lead in Artaeum but excavated in Eyevea.)

I would really love to know if cross-zone leads are intended or bugged or some are bugged (non-collection ones?).

All my Motif leads have been from treasure map chests as well BUT not every treasure map chest has had Motif leads in it (i didn't have a whole lot of maps banked).

Little off-topic but I don't think the "level in 3 days" is what most people will do. True you can quickly level to being able to do purple leads BUT you only get one per zone by default and the rest you have to find (which may mean competing against other players). I started leveling last Tues and have been also trying to find leads in each zone (except Greymoor -saving that). I am currently 50% through level 9 (out of 10), so I have about 100 xp to go which is 20 purple leads or 10 master gold ones. Not inconsequential. I could also do 100 green ones or 34 blue ones which are repeatable...but that seems very boring to me lol.
    Edited by Mix on April 29, 2020 5:49PM
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muizer wrote: »
    oh god, please don't tell me this is one of those puzzle games where you can go online and find how someone solved them for you already. That would be soo sad. Reduced to a grind from day 1.

No, the mini games don't work like that.
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

According to the OP it is possible to make 'a list of where leads can be found'. Isn't that something you're supposed to be doing yourself. An online list saving people from having to look for leads sounds not dissimilar to going online to look for treasure map locations. Problem with that is that it turns something that could actually be fun and rewarding into what feels like a waste of time.

Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

According to the OP it is possible to make 'a list of where leads can be found'. Isn't that something you're supposed to be doing yourself. An online list saving people from having to look for leads sounds not dissimilar to going online to look for treasure map locations. Problem with that is that it turns something that could actually be fun and rewarding into what feels like a waste of time.
    Leads are not the items. Leads are not the rewards from mini-games. Leads are requirements to start mini-games.
    one mer to find them,
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, of course people can choose to discard this list and find the leads on their own (and frankly I wouldn't be surprised if lead locations change from now to when the system goes live anyways.)

But certainly people don't think that others won't be doing this even if I don't continue to update this thread?

I mean, you've got websites like UESP or Alcast's site that compile information like this, and you've got addons like Destinations that even add things like lorebook/skyshard/treasure map locations to a player's map. At some point, whether it's now or later, someone's going to aggregate lead locations, and after that, someone's going to incorporate them into some sort of addon.

In the meantime, this list helps players who chose not to start with a Greymoor maxed character to level scrying/excavating, as well as test acquiring multi-piece items in the field since they didn't get the leads or completed mythic items simply placed into their inventory.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    I mean, of course people can choose to discard this list and find the leads on their own (and frankly I wouldn't be surprised if lead locations change from now to when the system goes live anyways.)

But certainly people don't think that others won't be doing this even if I don't continue to update this thread?

I mean, you've got websites like UESP or Alcast's site that compile information like this, and you've got addons like Destinations that even add things like lorebook/skyshard/treasure map locations to a player's map. At some point, whether it's now or later, someone's going to aggregate lead locations, and after that, someone's going to incorporate them into some sort of addon.

In the meantime, this list helps players who chose not to start with a Greymoor maxed character to level scrying/excavating, as well as test acquiring multi-piece items in the field since they didn't get the leads or completed mythic items simply placed into their inventory.

I appreciate it mate👍 I'm in it for the mythics 😂
  • vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Southern Elsweyr
    Meteoric-Iron Pavise (Blue) - Reward for excavating “Spiked Scalebreaker Bolt” (Green)
    Ancient Dragonguard Lure (Purple) - Reward for excavating “Meteoric-Iron Pavise” (Blue)

Shadowfen
    Ancestral Nord: Daggers (Green) - Treasure Map Chest
    Ancestral Nord: Shoulders (Blue) - Treasure Map Chest
    Silver Wish Medallion (Blue) - Reward for excavating “Child’s Ragged Tree Doll” (Green)

Alik’r Desert
    Ancestral Orc: Gloves (Green) - Treasure Map Chest
    Ancestral Orc: Swords (Purple) - Treasure Map Chest

Coldharbor
    Sanguine Doublet (Gold, part of Bloodlord’s Embrace) - Public Dungeon Boss (Village of the Lost)
    Inert Daedric Manables (Blue) - Reward for excavating “Tormentors Roller” (Green)
  • Vicarra
    Vicarra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Western Skyrim (Solitude, specifically) - purple lead for Seat of the Snow Prince from a safebox.
    PAWS - Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff!

Haakon Stormblade - Nord Illusionist, Dwemer scholar, Horse Whisperer, Bringer of Storms
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got at least 6 leads from chests, troves and a boss before the last pts update. Wasn't specifically grinding for em just grabbing otw to dig sites. Since the patch I've gotten zero and spent about 5 hrs grinding for them. Anybody else experience this since the last patch?
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evergnar wrote: »
    I got at least 6 leads from chests, troves and a boss before the last pts update. Wasn't specifically grinding for em just grabbing otw to dig sites. Since the patch I've gotten zero and spent about 5 hrs grinding for them. Anybody else experience this since the last patch?
    I've got a few leads at the first day of PTS. Then I began previewing purple and golden furnishings from the template leads. Those leads are for account and to get needed leads from the template I took also unneeded leads. So now I have a large number of leads to mythic items in the scrying menu. And I don't get new lead from monsters, chests or portals at all. I have a theory that those unscried leads prevent getting new leads from random sources.
    one mer to find them,
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Olauron thanks for the info. I did the exactly same thing. Started out on main character then switched to template character so I could get all the furnishings and take a look at em. So maybe that is the cause of it.

Its really going to suck if we have to feel the need to do every lead we get. Especially at max level.
  • vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Auridon
    Ancestral Elf: Chest Pieces (Purple) - Treasure Map Chest
    Ancestral Elf: Bows (Green) - Treasure Map Chest
    Scale-Etched Slither Pipe (Blue) - Reward for excavating “Festival of Defiance Token” (Green)
    Maormeri Serpent Shrine (Purple) - Treasure Map Chest

Craglorn
    Cracked Serpent Pendant (Blue) - Reward for excavating “Watcher’s Ritual Stone” (Green)

Bal Foyen
    Ancestral Nord: Belts (Green) - Treasure Map Chest
    Ancestral Nord: Staves (Blue) - Treasure Map Chest

Bleakrock Isle
    Ancestral Nord: Axes (Green) - Treasure Map Chest
    Ancestral Nord: Helmets (Blue) - Treasure Map Chest
    Cloven Ritual Mask (Blue) - Reward for excavating “Rune-carved Steering Oar” (Green)

Stormhaven
    Nedic Hex Totem (Blue) - Reward for excavating “Secession Stamp Block” (Green)
    Ancestral Orc: Boots (Green) - Treasure Map Chest
    Ancestral Orc: Maces (Blue) - Treasure Map Chest
  • vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Eastmarch
    Ancestral Nord: Leg Greaves (Green) - Treasure Map Chest
    Ancestral Nord: Shields (Purple) - Treasure Map Chest
    Wolf-head Brooch (Blue) - Reward for excavating “Nord Copper Shield Boss” (Green)
    Sacred Chalice of Ysgramor (Purple) - Public Dungeon Boss (Hall of the Dead, Group Event)

Bangkorai
    Ancestral Orc: Leg Greaves (Green) - Treasure Map Chest
    Ancestral Orc: Shields (Purple) - Treasure Map Chest

Betnikh
    Ayleid Lightwell (Purple) - Treasure Map Chest
    Ancestral Orc: Belts (Green) - Treasure Map Chest
    Ancestral Orc: Staves (Purple) - Treasure Map Chest
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Greenshade
    Protective Tar Warding Sigil (Blue) - Reward for excavating “Ancient Fertility Totem” (Green)
    Den of the Eldest Shoes (Purple) - Reward for excavating "Protective Tar Warding Sigil" (Blue)

Murkmire
    Stone-Chief's Xul-Vaat (Blue) - Reward for excavating "Naga Skull-Trap" (Green)
    Vakka Bok Sun Bowl (Purple) - Reward for excavating "Stone-Chief's Xul-Vaat)" (Blue)
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Rivenspire
    Remnant of the False Tower (Gold) - Ore Node
    Ancestral Orc: Daggers (Green) - Treasure Map Chest
    Ancestral Orc: Shoulders (Blue) - Treasure Map Chest

Shadowfen
    Fanged Cuirass (Gold, part of Bloodlord’s Embrace) - Public Dungeon Boss (Sanguine’s Demense)
  • vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Malacath’s Brutal Might Loop (Gold, part of Malacath’s Band of Brutality) - Public Dungeon Boss (Old Orsinium)
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Malacath’s Brutal Might Loop (Gold, part of Malacath’s Band of Brutality) - Public Dungeon Boss (Old Orsinium)

I does it mean if we know the places of malacth band parts, we will get it day 1 or 2 ?
  • Grimtooth
    Grimtooth
    ✭✭✭
    How do you scry for Gabrielle's potion at the beginning of the quest for the Antiquarian Art?
    She doesn't give any clue as to what to do and no one in the PTS zone seems to know what to either.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grimtooth wrote: »
    How do you scry for Gabrielle's potion at the beginning of the quest for the Antiquarian Art?
    She doesn't give any clue as to what to do and no one in the PTS zone seems to know what to either.

I made this guide about getting started[/url] which includes that first quest if it helps.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube