Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Vampire Stun

MotokoHutt
MotokoHutt
✭✭✭✭
So I will say it now and say it blatantly, they suck, like they really really suck, now let me explain why. The reasson and really this is the only reasson is the mechanic where as your enemy must be facing you, but what the game classes as facing you is literally dead eyed staring you in the damn face. If your enemy is looking ever so slightly to the left or right of you and not having a staring contest with you it just won't stun at all, even if that enemy is comming straight at you and your backpeddaling, back jumping or side stepping. I have tested this on PTS today vs a whole slew of players from both EU and NA and frankly you end up having to spam the stun 3-4 times before it will actually work making almost any other stun option instantly better and more reliable.

The second problem also comes from the same root cause which is to say that the vampire stuns are almost impossible to use from an offencive standpoint where you have your opponent on the ropes and need to seal the deal. Often when player's get low on health or need to otherwhise heal or cloak they will attempt to disengauge from you, whether that means take a sharp turn, roll through you, turn away from you or whatever, in these scenario's both morph's of the vampire stun literally become non operational and just become a wasted slot on your bar. Anyway, I could go on rambling about the flaws of this requirement but I will leave that upto you peeps. Common ZoS do something please cus the skills look so cool >....<
Edited by MotokoHutt on April 29, 2020 11:05PM
PC EU
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is something I have noticed and wanted to make a post about for a while but just have not gotten to it. I have some concerns about the new vampire rework and they are not the ones I think most people are freaking out about, This is one of them the range of sight needs to be adjust considerably if they want this to be a useful ability, it only kind of work in pve and even then it misses when it really shouldn't.
  • Baraber
    Baraber
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, in pvp even when they are staring you they dont get stunned due to server lag. This hits like 10% of the time in high mobility duels.
    This stun is useless.
  • MotokoHutt
    MotokoHutt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tessitura wrote: »
    This is something I have noticed and wanted to make a post about for a while but just have not gotten to it. I have some concerns about the new vampire rework and they are not the ones I think most people are freaking out about, This is one of them the range of sight needs to be adjust considerably if they want this to be a useful ability, it only kind of work in pve and even then it misses when it really shouldn't.
    Baraber wrote: »
    Yup, in pvp even when they are staring you they dont get stunned due to server lag. This hits like 10% of the time in high mobility duels.
    This stun is useless.

I last night had an idea which I think could be interesting for the vampire stun's. For starters I think that as long as you are withing 180 degree's infront of your target it should class as they are looking at you and therefor stun them, this should make it allot more reliable but still keep the "enemy must be looking at you" mechanic. Next I think that the stun's should have a secondary effect if the enemy is looking away from you, like maybe it immobilizes instead of stunning allowing you to still use it agressivly against players that are running away from you.

If you two have any diferent suggestions I think it's best we put them out there for ZoS to consider. :)
    Edited by MotokoHutt on April 30, 2020 9:28AM
    PC EU
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should stun enemies when they are looking at you or immobilize enemies when they are looking away from you. A combination between fear and talons.
  • MotokoHutt
    MotokoHutt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chelo wrote: »
    It should stun enemies when they are looking at you or immobilize enemies when they are looking away from you. A combination between fear and talons.

lol jinx
    PC EU
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MotokoHutt wrote: »
    Chelo wrote: »

lol jinx

Didn't knew you already suggest that 😅
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Isn't there a morph that allows it to effect enemies all around someone?
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, circle around you instead cone, but the rule of "they must face you" is the same.
  • MotokoHutt
    MotokoHutt
    ✭✭✭✭

Due to the fact they still have to be burning a whole into the back of your forehead for it to stun due to the "having to be looking at you" rule, it is basically just a gimp Mass Hysteria, which is already sadly gimped since they removed it's minor debuff :(
    PC EU
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done some testing and that cone in front of the enemy that classifies as them "starring at you" is way too small for the skill to be effective. I always thought of the snare one as being the PVP skill but to my shock its the AOE one that's the PVP skill because of the server positioning desyncs that happen in combat. Sometimes to get the dang thing to work I'm targeting the area 2-3 meters ahead of where the person's going to be to get them, and that's if I'm lucky.

For a stun that deals no damage, has no knockbacks or immobilization effects, and only fires in a cone in front of you, you'd think it would be a bit more reliable.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK