The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My user settings file is blank now

Cheese9898
I was trying to log in (I'm not able to right now, same as many others), and closed and reopened the game a few times with each attempt.
To my surprise, on one of these times, the game begun playing the opening logos, which I have set to be skipped. So after closing the game again, I went into the settings, changed it back to my old settings (Other things had been reset as well), and relaunched the game...
Not only did the opening logos play again, but when I checked the user settings this time, I found that they'd been wiped entirely. The file now has absolutely nothing in it... It's just a blank text file.

Any ideas on what's going on or how to fix it? Also, I just checked, and I think my addon settings have been corrupted as well (They're not blank, but there's not much there, and only two of my characters are on it).
  • yllygoden
    yllygoden
    Same here. I was swapping characters this afternoon and all of my add-on settings reset. :|
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove a few posts for derailing content. For further posts be sure to stay constructive to the topic with the Forum Rules in mind to avoid thread derailment or action on one's own account.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post