Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MagBlade Theorycrafting Changes Thread

• BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    Vermintide wrote: »
    I have slotted Soul Tether for the first time in a while, seems like we need it to escape outnumbered fights but I rarely survive long enough to get it off anyway so... Eh. Any better ideas for a backbar ult please let me know.
    Temporal Guard is the obvious one. I currently use Barrier to boost magicka regen on the cloaking bar.
    The problem is lots of our more fun class tools have been taken away and their buffs or effects moved into generic skills; and where they haven't, the class skill version is always more expensive or just otherwise worse somehow.

I'm looking at YOU, Race Against Time. *** you.
    The combination of snare removal and speed is just too good for PvP. It's the right combination of effects and I guess no one saw it coming how uncompetitive other effect combinations are. I tried Phantasmal Escape against templars. Meh.

RAT is good on every class. The fact that it costs magicka makes it better than other speed skills, such as Quick Cloak, due to not running down additional stamina while sprinting. I even use it on my stam DK.

I know what you mean, but am happy RAT exists for magplar in particular, so you don't have to go vamp.

Yep. No class has the excuse of "no mobility".

RaT is a top tier skill.

The opposite can also be true with every class having no mobility whenever skills are bugging & you get perma-stun locked with full resources & can’t move.
    I find the main reason for stun lock in an otherwise lag free session is if you get stunned while, or just after, dodge rolling. It seems to take an additional GCD to break free. Sometimes I could swear that some players know to exploit this and will fossilize / fear / leap just at that moment.

It just makes sense to cc someone out of a dodge roll or mid dodge roll because they burn double the stam and if you’re already low on stam you’re going to get stun locked.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have slotted Soul Tether for the first time in a while, seems like we need it to escape outnumbered fights but I rarely survive long enough to get it off anyway so... Eh. Any better ideas for a backbar ult please let me know.
    Temporal Guard is the obvious one. I currently use Barrier to boost magicka regen on the cloaking bar.
    The problem is lots of our more fun class tools have been taken away and their buffs or effects moved into generic skills; and where they haven't, the class skill version is always more expensive or just otherwise worse somehow.

The combination of snare removal and speed is just too good for PvP. It's the right combination of effects and I guess no one saw it coming how uncompetitive other effect combinations are. I tried Phantasmal Escape against templars. Meh.

RAT is good on every class. The fact that it costs magicka makes it better than other speed skills, such as Quick Cloak, due to not running down additional stamina while sprinting. I even use it on my stam DK.

I know what you mean, but am happy RAT exists for magplar in particular, so you don't have to go vamp.

RaT is a top tier skill.

The opposite can also be true with every class having no mobility whenever skills are bugging & you get perma-stun locked with full resources & can’t move.
    I find the main reason for stun lock in an otherwise lag free session is if you get stunned while, or just after, dodge rolling. It seems to take an additional GCD to break free. Sometimes I could swear that some players know to exploit this and will fossilize / fear / leap just at that moment.

It just makes sense to cc someone out of a dodge roll or mid dodge roll because they burn double the stam and if you’re already low on stam you’re going to get stun locked.
    Agree it makes sense, but you also tend to get stun locked at full stam for one extra second, I find. I think it's got something to do with timing and how GCDs are implemented, not merely the target being out of stam (which could also happen).
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

RaT is a top tier skill.

Agree it makes sense, but you also tend to get stun locked at full stam for one extra second, I find. I think it's got something to do with timing and how GCDs are implemented, not merely the target being out of stam (which could also happen).

Yea, break free is funky.

Sometimes you’ll be able to break free immediately and sometimes it takes a sec to kick in with a long animation. Break free also doesn’t happen until the end of the animation: it’s essentially a cast time ability like all instant abilities. Interrupt the animation and break free won’t work.

If you’ve ever fought multiple people at once you’ll know what I mean. Stunned - break free (gets interrupted) - break free (gets interrupted) - dead.

It’s one of the reasons animation cancelling used to be so effective. When you first cast something nothing happens until the animation is done, then the effect happens. With the most recent block change now you can’t animation cancel abilities for instant effects, so everything is like a cast time ability now whether you ani cancel or not.

It’s likely that way for dueling so you have the opportunity to block attacks, but with lag it’s causing all sorts of funky issues. You can’t block an ability unless you can see it being used before the effect goes off.

They might have done the change to nerf stam burst a bit too. The usual combo of: dizzy - med while casting dizzy releasing when dizzy hits - executioner ani cancelled would all hit at exactly the same instant. Now there’s a delay on the execute.

As an aside there’s also something funky with off balance stuns. I can tell when someone’s charging a med because it causes the game to lag a bit, like a stutter.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 12, 2020 1:47AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    So per feedback from this thread I have shadowy disguise another try instead of dark cloak. Running Necro + lich + skoria for BGs. Haven’t dropped below a mil damage in about 4 games. stealth seems much more reliable and my shadow image is there for the oh *** moments. Working very well, high damage, decent healing, good group CC. Still feel like magblade needs some sort of change to swallow soul but idk what. Maybe even if they dodge you still heal or something, idk.

Weaker heals should not overwrite the HoT.

So if I crit Swallow Soul for 12k, that should be the number I get my heal % from for the next 10s.

Anything higher should overwrite, anything lower should be negated.

OR

Just make it every 1s.

I have a hunch that the constant additional server query from strife to determine if the current instance of its 10 second heal should or should not be overwritten is why they havent changed it. Otherwise it is the best change for the skill ad I have suggested before.

The only other option in my eyes is to have its heal value hard set based on tooltip instead of damage deal in real time. So if your strife has a y tooltip for damage, the heal should always be X percent of y instead of x percent of damage done.

Actually I have proposed this change in the forums for several patches now, but sadly people don't invest the time to understand in depth suggestions like this.

Same applies to other damage based healings too btw, like AW, jabs, ...
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thoughts on new moon acolyte and bright throat boast for magblade? 🤔

In my opinion new moon only shines as your primary offensive set when combined with another offensive set like spell strat or spinner. For instance something like clever alchemist/spell strat or necro/spinner would be more overall damage than new moon/BTB while still having relatively equal sustain. I also think BTB is better suited to be combined with a max mag set like Necro to maximize the stats you get from BTB. I think spell strat is the best set to pair with new moon for pure single target burst. Your sustain will take a hit though.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thoughts on new moon acolyte and bright throat boast for magblade? 🤔

In my opinion new moon only shines as your primary offensive set when combined with another offensive set like spell strat or spinner. For instance something like clever alchemist/spell strat or necro/spinner would be more overall damage than new moon/BTB while still having relatively equal sustain. I also think BTB is better suited to be combined with a max mag set like Necro to maximize the stats you get from BTB. I think spell strat is the best set to pair with new moon for pure single target burst. Your sustain will take a hit though.

NMA shining just fine with BTB :wink:

save.png
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So what are you guys thinking about the PTS changes?

TLDR of changes
    - impenetrable nerf
    - defensive monster set nerfs
    - hilariously another NB nerf, but it’s for a niche setup so 99.99% of NBs won’t give a damn, but a nerf nonetheless
    - Stam arena weapon sets buffed (BRP DW will be OP)
    - Mag weapon sets meh, but there are some maelstrom weapon sets that look like they could be good.
    - Mythic items all have pvp applications and will be BiS

Overall? IDK, with crit resistance down plus light armour providing essentially 0 mitigation, maybe crit builds will open up? What do you guys think?

Oh and with mythic items all being 1 piece items, I’m pretty sure the best setups will be 3 willpower + mythic + 2 5 piece sets switching between them based on your weapons. Need a better name for this setup. 5-3-5? Idk
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

TLDR of changes
    - impenetrable nerf
    - hilariously another NB nerf, but it’s for a niche setup so 99.99% of NBs won’t give a damn, but a nerf nonetheless
    - Mag weapon sets meh, but there are some maelstrom weapon sets that look like they could be good.

Overall? IDK, with crit resistance down plus light armour providing essentially 0 mitigation, maybe crit builds will open up? What do you guys think?

Oh and with mythic items all being 1 piece items, I’m pretty sure the best setups will be 3 willpower + mythic + 2 5 piece sets switching between them based on your weapons. Need a better name for this setup. 5-3-5? Idk

ZOS has broken my build in so many ways there's no way I can work around it. They're not getting another penny from me.

[edit] This isn't an emotional knee-jerk reaction either. I've been on the PTS since it went live trying to piece things together.
    Edited by Langeston on April 20, 2020 11:24PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »

TLDR of changes
    - impenetrable nerf

ZOS has broken my build in so many ways there's no way I can work around it. They're not getting another penny from me.

[edit] This isn't an emotional knee-jerk reaction either. I've been on the PTS since it went live trying to piece things together.

What were you running that was effected?
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    Is there some kind of glitch with cloak? Sometimes im cloaked and people still seem to see me, not sure if its a detect i didnt see the icon for it. Feels like this has happened before at first i thought i just got caught but i swear this last time i was stealthed and some gap closed me.
    Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
    Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
    WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TLDR of changes
    - impenetrable nerf

Vampirism is my primary pain point. It's completely non-viable for a magblade past stage 1, and even at stage 1 NB skills likely cost too much. Dark Stalker was the way I made cloak work before. I used sneak quite a bit to help offset the costs of Shadowy Disguise, which is an expensive skill considering half the time it doesn't even work.

It almost seems like the new skill line was designed to make it even harder on NBs that use cloak. Shadowy disguise costs 3553 magicka at stage 2 vampirism (where you need to be if you want to use the Strikes From Shadows passive). It's 3931 at stage 4 — and this is all with the -7% Breton passive.

Swallow Soul costs 2673 now at stage 2 on the build I was using — at stage 4 it's 2943. It's a joke.

How is the class with the worst healing and [arguably] the worst sustain supposed to play as a vampire now? How do are you supposed to heal, Exhilarating Drain?

LMAO at all the people saying that the new vampirism was going to be a buff for magblades.

[edit] NMA is one of the sets I run btw, but I only run it on my front bar so the cost increase was not reflected on the Cloak tooltip.
    Edited by Langeston on April 21, 2020 12:15AM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I haven’t logged onto PTS yet, has anyone checked whether the cost increase of vampire increases the cost of ults and dodge roll? I know Kena and NMA do.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t logged onto PTS yet, has anyone checked whether the cost increase of vampire increases the cost of ults and dodge roll? I know Kena and NMA do.

Definitely ultimates. Didn't check dodge roll, but I imagine it probably does.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TLDR of changes
    - impenetrable nerf

Vampirism is my primary pain point. It's completely non-viable for a magblade past stage 1, and even at stage 1 NB skills likely cost too much. Dark Stalker was the way I made cloak work before. I used sneak quite a bit to help offset the costs of Shadowy Disguise, which is an expensive skill considering half the time it doesn't even work.

It almost seems like the new skill line was designed to make it even harder on NBs that use cloak. Shadowy disguise costs 3553 magicka at stage 2 vampirism (where you need to be if you want to use the Strikes From Shadows passive). It's 3931 at stage 4 — and this is all with the -7% Breton passive.

Swallow Soul costs 2673 now at stage 2 on the build I was using — at stage 4 it's 2943. It's a joke.

How is the class with the worst healing and [arguably] the worst sustain supposed to play as a vampire now? How do are you supposed to heal, Exhilarating Drain?

LMAO at all the people saying that the new vampirism was going to be a buff for magblades.

[edit] NMA is one of the sets I run btw, but I only run it on my front bar so the cost increase was not reflected on the Cloak tooltip.

With the overall defensive nerfs to the game and depending on how good blood frenzy is you might be able to come out of stealth and one shot a bunch of players as a magblade. You might be able to add a sustain set as well to help compensate for the sustain nerf of being a vampire. I know currently on live I run 3 damage sets on a dark elf So my regen is only like 1400 and I still manage to sustain pretty well as long as I use ele drain and siphoning attacks. Vampire will pretty much force you into a cloak based magblade build or even a gank build though. On live I regularly hit over 15k bows so with a big enough damage increase there will be no way for a player to survive.

I do see some potential for vamp magblades. Magblade in general may be better next patch. As a class magblade isn’t really bad. The reason it feels so bad is because it doesn’t fit in the tank meta. If next patch will be a damage meta magblade may have a place in it. Magblade gank builds are going to be very strong I can see that right now. More traditional magblades I’m taking a wait and see approach.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

TLDR of changes
    - impenetrable nerf

With the overall defensive nerfs to the game and depending on how good blood frenzy is you might be able to come out of stealth and one shot a bunch of players as a magblade. You might be able to add a sustain set as well to help compensate for the sustain nerf of being a vampire. I know currently on live I run 3 damage sets on a dark elf So my regen is only like 1400 and I still manage to sustain pretty well as long as I use ele drain and siphoning attacks. Vampire will pretty much force you into a cloak based magblade build or even a gank build though. On live I regularly hit over 15k bows so with a big enough damage increase there will be no way for a player to survive.

I do see some potential for vamp magblades. Magblade in general may be better next patch. As a class magblade isn’t really bad. The reason it feels so bad is because it doesn’t fit in the tank meta. If next patch will be a damage meta magblade may have a place in it. Magblade gank builds are going to be very strong I can see that right now. More traditional magblades I’m taking a wait and see approach.

Yea, there’s a ton of pen on some of the sets out there, plus with the reduced healing it’ll be tough to be tanky.

I think maybe potentates 2 piece and BRP DW will be favourites, but that will only help with brawling.

I think a lot of people will go sorc or hybrid builds with that set that increases damage with no crits, I’m thinking of trying it out.

It’s hard to say how things will pan out really. There’ll be the typical whining until the meta settles I think. There’s a lot of pvp focused changes.

I’m going to try out stage 4 vampire, could be fun.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 21, 2020 3:41AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TLDR of changes
    - impenetrable nerf

If you can sustain 1152-1728 health per second with the 20% upcoming healing nerf on the squishiest class with indisputably the worst healing in the game, then maybe you can use Blood Frenzy to eke out enough damage to kill someone. (Personally, I wouldn't be able to do it.) With 1400 regen though, I have a difficult time believing that any of your class abilities will be viable. Swallow Soul was already too expensive — it simply will not work as a spammable any more if you are a vampire. On your Dunmer, it will cost you 2970 per cast.

As far as vampirism "will pretty much force you into a cloak based magblade build," I actually think it will do the complete opposite — I just don't see how a "cloak-based" build can work with vampirism. On your toon (with no cost reduction sets/glyphs) the cost for cloak is 4158.
    Edited by Langeston on April 21, 2020 4:09AM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

TLDR of changes
    - impenetrable nerf

If you can sustain 1152-1728 health per second with the 20% upcoming healing nerf on the squishiest class with indisputably the worst healing in the game, then maybe you can use Blood Frenzy to eke out enough damage to kill someone. (Personally, I wouldn't be able to do it.) With 1400 regen though, I have a difficult time believing that any of your class abilities will be viable. Swallow Soul was already too expensive — it simply will not work as a spammable any more if you are a vampire. On your Dunmer, it will cost you 2970 per cast.

As far as vampirism "will pretty much force you into a cloak based magblade build," I actually think it will do the complete opposite — I just don't see how a "cloak-based" build can work with vampirism. On your toon (with no cost reduction sets/glyphs) the cost for cloak is 4158.

Yea, that looks astronomically high. Since pen will be easier to get maybe 7L will work lol, the max stats would be horrible.

I’m thinking I’ll keep Darloc but only have it on my back bar. It’s a tough set to work with because it’s medium though, if it was light it’d be perfect:

Darloc back bar + New set front bar + mythic speed item + 3 piece max mag set
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WacArnold wrote: »
    Is there some kind of glitch with cloak? Sometimes im cloaked and people still seem to see me, not sure if its a detect i didnt see the icon for it. Feels like this has happened before at first i thought i just got caught but i swear this last time i was stealthed and some gap closed me.
    You don't get to see the detection icon from an attacker. Basically: Sentry set has unlimited range and maybe people are slowly catching on.
    Edited by fred4 on April 21, 2020 8:55AM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

TLDR of changes
    - impenetrable nerf

One way to get Cloak sustain up is to run Barrier on the Cloak / back bar for the +10% regen passive rather than the ubiquitous Temporal Guard.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use 7x light as it is. I think NB is too crit-centric for that +25% damage, but no crit set to work. Maybe only in no CP and/or with procs, such as Caluurion + Zaan. I think opening with Concealed from Cloak and wearing Stuhn needs to be investigated. Basically Concealed -> Soul Harvest with Balorgh and Stuhn could mitigate practically all resistance. It will also make procs, such as Caluurion and Zaan hit really hard against tanky targets. The flipside is that resistances may become less relevant and people may defend in different ways. For example Pirate Skeleton appears to be viable again. I gave up on trying to make Concealed work. Stunning the correct player in a brawl is hard and an alert player, especially a stamsorc or a pulsing templar (Solar Barrage) or warden (Icy Blast or whatever it's called) tends to counter you.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TLDR of changes
    - impenetrable nerf

One way to get Cloak sustain up is to run Barrier on the Cloak / back bar for the +10% regen passive rather than the ubiquitous Temporal Guard.

Yeah, that's actually something I've been doing for quite a while now. I used to run Purge on my back bar too at one point, until I switched to Siphoning Attacks. This vampire change has completely thrown a monkey wrench into my build. Literally every class is better suited for vampirism now, with the better sustain & self-healing.

I don't understand how ZOS can possibly think this class is even close to being on the same level as the others.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I use 7x light as it is. I think NB is too crit-centric for that +25% damage, but no crit set to work. Maybe only in no CP and/or with procs, such as Caluurion + Zaan. I think opening with Concealed from Cloak and wearing Stuhn needs to be investigated. Basically Concealed -> Soul Harvest with Balorgh and Stuhn could mitigate practically all resistance. It will also make procs, such as Caluurion and Zaan hit really hard against tanky targets. The flipside is that resistances may become less relevant and people may defend in different ways. For example Pirate Skeleton appears to be viable again. I gave up on trying to make Concealed work. Stunning the correct player in a brawl is hard and an alert player, especially a stamsorc or a pulsing templar (Solar Barrage) or warden (Icy Blast or whatever it's called) tends to counter you.

Yea, with so many melee counters to cloak I don’t think concealed will work. It might even be worse post patch because BRP DW has been buffed.

When I looked at the new sets and changes the first thing I thought about was armour won’t be that good. Potentates will still be decent though.

Barrier is also only good if you’re already high Mag regen. Otherwise temporal guard is better.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

TLDR of changes
    - impenetrable nerf

Yeah, that's actually something I've been doing for quite a while now. I used to run Purge on my back bar too at one point, until I switched to Siphoning Attacks. This vampire change has completely thrown a monkey wrench into my build. Literally every class is better suited for vampirism now, with the better sustain & self-healing.

I don't understand how ZOS can possibly think this class is even close to being on the same level as the others.

It's not. They have balanced NBs based on bombing and ganking.

And they don't look like they are willing to help out those players that don't play either of those playstyles.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TLDR of changes
    - impenetrable nerf

I think it’s going to depend on how much damage you are actually doing to your opponent. If you are hitting everyone with 20k bows then your sustain isn’t going to matter as much. I think I will probably have to add a sustain set. Currently I don’t use any. Vamp might also just be impossible to sustain. The reason I see potential is that I think most players will be squishy next patch. So you can use blood frenzy sort of like a clever alchemist proc when it’s time to burst players down.

When I say cloak based build I don’t mean spamming cloak I mean builds that use cloak to reposition to be able to fight in a place where you will take less damage. Cloak will also be stronger in the current meta because it will be more about damage avoidance due to all the nerfs to healing and defense.

With everyone being less tanky you may not need vampire at all either. Magblade might just be in a overall better position.

• fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think everyone will be less tanky, though. I think the nerfs to tankiness are relatively mild and the nerfs to healing will be absorbed fairly comfortably by classes that have / had good healing in the first place. I think overall people may choose to be less tanky, because of the new counters to armor, such as Stuhn, but who knows.

Thrassian Stranglers may suit shielding builds. With judicious use of Shadow Image, a stand-up non-cloaking magblade may actually be one of the better classes to deal with the increased damage. Hard to say.
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    So it's like ZOS specifically set out to nerf everything I actually liked about my character, LOL.

Oh you like being a badass evil fire mage? Let's take away that racial bonus and also the staff perks, so none of that works for you any more. Oh you like being a vampire? Let's make vampire into the complete opposite of what it was and force you to either cure it or stay level 0 if you want to avoid being horribly gimped. Oh you like having stealth and mobility to make up for your complete squishiness, lack of healing, and generally difficult rotation? Let's just make that next to impossible.

I really don't see how magblade is going to work as anything other than a [snip] sorc next patch. I really hate being the person to QQ about changes but jesus. They really have been merciless on this, just one thing after another.

[edited for circumventing profanity filter]
    Edited by ZOS_RogerJ on May 15, 2020 10:06PM
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it's like ZOS specifically set out to nerf everything I actually liked about my character, LOL.

Oh you like being a badass evil fire mage? Let's take away that racial bonus and also the staff perks, so none of that works for you any more. Oh you like being a vampire? Let's make vampire into the complete opposite of what it was and force you to either cure it or stay level 0 if you want to avoid being horribly gimped. Oh you like having stealth and mobility to make up for your complete squishiness, lack of healing, and generally difficult rotation? Let's just make that next to impossible.

I really don't see how magblade is going to work as anything other than a [snip] sorc next patch. I really hate being the person to QQ about changes but jesus. They really have been merciless on this, just one thing after another.
    The last 2 BG matches I played had 7 and then 8 sorcs — roughly 10 to 14 pets each, not including the constant Atronachs being dropped every 5 seconds. BGs are complete garbage right now and they're only going to get worse.
    Edited by ZOS_RogerJ on May 15, 2020 10:06PM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I really don't see how magblade is going to work as anything other than a shittier sorc next patch. I really hate being the person to QQ about changes but jesus. They really have been merciless on this, just one thing after another.
    The last 2 BG matches I played had 7 and then 8 sorcs — roughly 10 to 14 pets each, not including the constant Atronachs being dropped every 5 seconds. BGs are complete garbage right now and they're only going to get worse.

Yeah I don't see any reason to stick around this patch since they've already confirmed no class balancing is coming.

I might come back to see if any of the bugs fix themselves (i.e. Cloak being broken by everything) or to simply see how more broken things have progressed.

Other classes just bore me and the new features in this DLC don't excite me enough.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I really don't see how magblade is going to work as anything other than a shittier sorc next patch. I really hate being the person to QQ about changes but jesus. They really have been merciless on this, just one thing after another.

Yea, there are a lot of sorcs around. When there are a lot I usually hop on my MagWarden.

I looked at vampire, looks interesting but I don’t think it’ll mesh too well with magblade.

What makes it difficult is NB passives are tied to putting NB abilities on your bar and using them.

Major resolve ward - need to use a shadow ability
    Magic floor (max mag) - need to slot a siphoning ability on that bar
    Ult gen - need to use a siphoning ability or slot soul harvest, soul harvest is also suboptimal outside dueling

Magtemplar and MagWarden will make good stage 4 vamps I think, think I’ll stay at stage 1 on my magblade. Magblades might be stronger gankers though.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 28, 2020 1:39AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking about using 5 bright throat and 5 crafty alfiq on my magblade for pvp is it viable 🤔