Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Suggestion] How to make champion levels above 810 useful

HelathAndrethi
HelathAndrethi
✭✭✭
I've lately seen discussions about raising CP caps etc to reward veteran players who have CP levels beyond 810. While they may not raise CP caps for certain reasons, I'd like to propose a simple solution that benefits everyone esp. veteran players, without crippling new players or making vets overpowered, and encourages making new toons and trying new builds:

Each Champion Point increases experience gained by characters below Level 50 by 0.01%.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've lately seen discussions about raising CP caps etc to reward veteran players who have CP levels beyond 810.

its better to reward them with a feathered brazilian headdress like they wear at brazilian carnival. fashion is eso end game so a higher level will give you more feathers and colors. i have 1200 cp i dont feel like i should be rewarded. cp system creates balance issues and should be reworked or replaced
    Edited by oxygen_thief on April 25, 2020 7:08PM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Though I appreciate the thought and creativity in trying to suggest a solution to excess CP, I really don't want any new character I create leveling quickly. Specifically, by the time they pop from L49 to CP810 I want them to be up to snuff - which means slowly learning the fine points of their build and not rushing it. Boosting my leveling speed via Alikr dolmen farming, XP scrolls etc is something I intentionally avoid.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Mindcr0w
    Mindcr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's already so many xp boosts available. I don't see a need for more.

That said since so many worry about power creep, I wouldn't mind if some sort of purely utility based bonuses could be specced into post 810.
    Edited by Mindcr0w on April 27, 2020 1:31PM
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I think the CP system needs to get looked at anyway. The percentage buffs make it so that people that are not at max CP or close simply cannot compete with vet dlc trials and CP PVP. The should change all the values to flat amounts and remove detrimental returns.
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I worked hard for my XP and I want to play my main char and be rewarded. I want my XP mean something. I think ZOS should increased CP cap once or twice a year and let new players "catch up" for one year so everyone will be on the same page.

AKA slower cap increases, but still cap increases none the less.

New players are gaining CP levels super fast and old players gain them at super slow speeds. Over time, everyone will be at cap. Thus, once or twice a year cap increases everyone will be bunch up at cap level because of that fact.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give us a "Champion storage chest" with capacity equal to 1 slot for every 5(?) CP above the cap.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • beadabow
    beadabow
    ✭✭✭
    The characters on my main account are all well above CP 810, and I do not want to delete any of them. Thus, I opened another account for new characters. It's actually fun and more of a challenge to delete and roll new characters every once in awhile. The highest level character is nowhere near CP 810, and I intend to keep it that way for as long as I can.

When I need the muscle to get through hard content, I have it in my main account. Still, I'll take the feathers in the cap cosmetic rewards for CP if ZOS wants to start rewarding high level players. I'll find someone that can wear it!

edit: For spelling/grammar errors.
    Edited by beadabow on April 27, 2020 12:40PM