The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Want to view actual furniture size before i craft it, in game

Fingolfinn01
Fingolfinn01
✭✭✭✭
Is there an addon that allows me the view the actual size of furniture or even an enlarge version, in game without having to google it. The small picture from the crafting station is not great.
PC-NA
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree it would be great if the you own character was standing beside the item to help give it scale.
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    there is a preview button (T) I at the bottom of the crafting interface that shows you the item and it can be rotated with floor tiles under it to gauge scale. some addons might disable this feature but its there
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Salix_alba wrote: »
    there is a preview button (T) I at the bottom of the crafting interface that shows you the item and it can be rotated with floor tiles under it to gauge scale. some addons might disable this feature but its there

I believe he was referring to being able to view the scale as it relates to objects already in-game, kind of like how you can position and rotate an item you already have before you actually place it in the house.

It would be really nice to have a "compare feature" where you could check the size/scale of an object against something you already had because most of the time the grey squares are useless.
  • justaquickword
    justaquickword
    ✭✭✭✭
    What do you think this is? IKEA?
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    there is a preview button at the bottom of the crafting interface th
    Salix_alba wrote: »

I believe he was referring to being able to view the scale as it relates to objects already in-game, kind of like how you can position and rotate an item you already have before you actually place it in the house.

It would be really nice to have a "compare feature" where you could check the size/scale of an object against something you already had because most of the time the grey squares are useless.

ok so you take an object you can make that you know the size of and preview it see how it relates to the floor grid then preview the other object that you don't know the size of and compare it to the grid its that simple the floor grid doesn't change size its a built in scale
  • mikikatze
    mikikatze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The squares become smaller when viewing large objects, so it's hard to get an actual idea.
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Fingolfinn01 My go-to source of size comparison is ESO Fashion site - you will find the housing section close to the right upper corner - which provides pictures of furniture with a character in them. There are few exceptions like rare pvp achievement furnishings.

If it comes to an add on - Essential Housing Tools can partially do that for you. There is one limitation - it will only compare items which are a) in your possession b) available in the purchase tab (this section contains most of craftable items, but lacks luxury vendor items, some furniture pack items, or achievement furnishings).

Grab a tutorial made by amazing @ZOS_Cardinal !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pRE1PBXTO0

Hope this helps!
    Edited by bayushi2005 on April 25, 2020 10:25PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, I agree completely.

The square tiles give you a rough estimate of how big the item is, but as items get larger it is harder to gauge.

Also, you are often not placing an item in an empty space, but rather in a constrained area. Many times I have crafted something only to find it would not fit when I thought it would.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use eso-mmofashion/furnishings. They have a large picture of every item in the game. When you click on the picture, it brings up a second one with a character standing next to the item. It's an awesome website. I think they have everything from the game in there!