The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Fatal Error 3 upon entering certain areas.

Nyromath
Nyromath
Soul Shriven
This has been a little issue for a while now for me. I'll try to enter a certain area and the game will crash within the loading screen, telling me "ESO has quit unexpectedly", with the Fatal Error 3. The first locations I noticed were small inconveniences, a story-important cave in Murkmire, the Traitor's Vault on Artaeum, the Wayrest Sewers I Dungeon, but recently I discovered that it was occurring with entire zones, namely Auridon and my recently acquired Northern Elsweyr.

I have confirmed that my PC meets the minimum requirements, I've tried reinstalling the launcher as is suggested with many similar issues, turning my graphics quality way down doesn't help and whenever I try to repair the game through the launcher it will always just stop at 24% (44360.04MB Remaining), even having left it overnight and closing every other program on my PC.

If anyone else has encountered this issue, or knows how to fix it, I would greatly appreciate any help you can provide. I can still play the rest of the game and am loving it, but it'd be really great to be able to finally finish the Murkmire main story, and adventure around Elsweyr.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Nyromath

If you receive a Fatal Error 3 from the ESO Launcher, you should run another repair on your game files as the first step. You can proceed to the additional troubleshooting steps if the repair does not help.

Repair the ESO Launcher
    1. Open The Elder Scrolls Online Launcher by right-clicking on the icon on the desktop and selecting Run as Administrator.
    2. Wait for the launcher to open completely.
    3. If multiple ESO clients are installed and available through the launcher, make sure you have the correct version highlighted by clicking on it once.
    4. Open the Game Options dropdown menu and click on the option for Repair.
    5. Allow the launcher to examine all the files for the game. This may take some time.
    6. If any files are found to have problems, the launcher will re-download those files.

Delete the ESO Launcher Folder

PC: Go to the Launcher folder and delete it.
    • You can find this by default at C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher.

Download new ESO Launcher

Once you have deleted the folder, download the ESO Launcher from your account management page here to reinstall it. You can do this by logging in to your account on our website and clicking the Download Game button on the page for your appropriate platform.

If you play on Steam, download a new copy of the game through Steam.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • justaquickword
    justaquickword
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fatal error 3... I think I've seen that movie.